1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Being Judged For Only Having Tinies?

May 22, 2009

1. I know of some people that dislike tinies for whatever reason. Like... that they're too babylike? I was never actually too fond of tinies at first, and they didn't interest me like the big ones do. However, that was just my preference and I've always respected peoples opinions and preferences in hobbies. That aside, I've caught the Puki bug, and I'm putting money aside for one of the Soom MD babies.

I think some people are just too caught up in their own opinions and preferences to realize that other people like things that they don't. They feel the need to push it onto other people and convice them otherwise, like it's some sort of controversial black and white debate.

Honestly, someone talking to you over the internets is not going to convince you to give up tinies. It's a decision you have to make based on your personal preferences and experiences. If you've seen and handled MSDs and SDs or the larger ones and have decided that they're just too big for you and aren't your thing, or won't fit into your lifestyle, that is your preference and yours alone. Nobody has the right to judge or look down upon you for that. It's like judging someone for wearing sneakers because they like how they look and they're comfortable and someone convincing them to wear high-heeled knee high boots all the time. "Oh geez, she wears sneakers all the time. WTF is wrong with her? Boots are so much better!"

It's just silly. Love your tinies, and don't pay attention to people like that. You don't need them in your life. XD;

2. Just think of the elitist attitude as an easy way to weed out the people of the forum you wouldn't want to be friends with anyways.. like an early warning signal. I'm sure for every bad seed there are nice people who love tinies just as much as you or appreciate that you love your tinies as much as they love their larger dolls. Life is to short to let random people on the internet judging you upset you.

PS- I only have tinies :)

3. I'd love to say "I can't believe someone would say that to you!!!!" but unfortunately, I can believe it and I'm actually sickened to say I'm not surprised in the slightest -_- Some people are just mean.

When I first joined the hobby, I discussed it with a lot of friends and decided I wanted a Mini because I thought a 1/3 would be way too big, but having never seen a Tiny I really didn't know what I would do with them.

Now... I have more tinies (and planned :XD:) than any other size, and indeed have only three Minis (technically) to my Two 1/3s (technically) and the rest are Baha size or smaller.

I have in the Tiny department a DZ Leo (accidental collection, fell in love with a present which the person didn't want in the end anyway :XD:), a Pipos Baha, one of the Pipos Event Kittys (are they classed as Bahas?) and a Puki Pipi (I think) along with a bodiless Pukisha which will very soon become a full doll :lol: Plus another Baha on layaway :D

I can't imagine having a collection without at least one tiny to be honest :lol: They're just so adorable and versatile, and I don't think I know a single person who doesn't have one in one form or another (apart from one person, but she sold her puki to meeeee!!! :lol:) I can't hand on heart say that if they brought out mature looking tinies I wouldn't have to stop collecting Minis and move to Tinies altogether :XD: I prefer their portability too - I can slip a tiny in my handbag any time (as long as I protect the f-u) and there we go! With the others, I have to have a proper bag of some kind to carry them in, it's a pain :3

So as everyone's said - don't worry about it, and that person was probably just trying to mould you into their twisted image of a 'proper' doll collector because you're new to the hobby and more likely to listen to them :|

Don't forget to post a bazillion pics of your tinies!!! :D We'll love them, even if that person doesn't ^_^

4. I'm having the same issue lately, well kind of lol it's not a tiny, she is SD size but a girl and seems it doesn't work at all with my supposed "close" friend ..... I am really looked down because I own a girl ....

There are persons and a lot, who are like that, they will despise you because they are like that, the reasons are often silly but what do you want to do ?!

In your case, remove them from AIM, they are not close friends from what I read, me it's tricky it was my closest friend .....

Not all BJD owners are like that, see I own a SD girl, a SD head, but also a Hujoo (27cm), my dream doll is Leo DZ, doll I can't get ... I squee hard in frond of Puki sugar and pipi, and in front of Laches Latidoll lol. Tinies are the cutest and maybe the devil inside XD dolls for me.

5. unrulydreamer ~ If you don't already have a free livejournal account, you might want to look into beginning one. There are so many abjd collectors there and this sort of post is really more appropriate on a personal journal. Ostracization because of doll size, gender, style, genre, company is a kind of drama discouraged on this forum.

Thanks for understanding.