1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Carry-Along Doll

Oct 24, 2019

1. So I’m wondering why nobody is mentioning the Irrealdoll Engendritos. They are portable, sturdy, and have great joints and posing. Just saying...

2. Dear Desphiria, hello. I am reading your post a few months later. I am wondering which doll you selected. I hope you were able to find one that you really like.

I am thinking about getting a Latidoll Yellow for my travel doll.

3. OH! I haven't gotten a doll yet, I don't have the money for it. I heard people like the Lati dolls. I'm not sure what pocket doll I would get if I had money yet still tho

4. Dear Desphiria, hello. Thanks for the update.

I am still saving also. It may not even be possible to get dolls from outside of the US right now. I think I am just "window shopping" for now.

5. I took my Bahas on a plane ride with me last Christmas super easily. I have a YoSD carrying bag from my Angell-Studio YoSD dolls and they both fit in there pretty well. My Realfee is also super easy to take along places because she fits so easily in pockets.

6. Oooo, what's a Baha?

7. My apologies for just seeing this! I'll share a photo from that said Christmas trip of my two Bahas right now. They're a discontinued sculpt by Pipos. I love them so much!

[​IMG]

8. Since this thread is kind of old, I decided to post first, and then go back and then read what others have said. :whee:

I have a Fairyland LittleFee, Ichi-chan, that I can carry around with me. At 25cm, he's small enough that I can put him in a jacket pocket. This is him at a rally as I sat in my car (during COVID). I got to listen to what was going on, and play/take pics of him in the meantime. It was fun! :XD:

[​IMG]
      Car ride
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

Ryu

#28 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Feb 10, 2022
      Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    9. I find that anything that fits in a small lunchbox (they make great tiny carriers!) is convenient for me, but if I go TOO small I worry about losing bits and pieces. I love my Puki, but she's never been on many outings apart from doll meets because I worry about magnetic parts and tiny wigs and shoes just sailing away, y'know? :...( I brought my 30cm Lati Green (fairly sure they don't make that size anymore) all over the place, and my old Dollshe slim 25cm tiny has travelled with me internationally, so consider this another vote for whatever you have room for and are comfortable traveling with! The fun is a good motivator for me, but then again I've also taken 62cm SDs on planes in a giant purse as my carryon or personal item back in the day! Think about what kind of bag you carry with you normally, with no dolls in it, and think about how committed you are to that size. If you're just a wallet in back pocket kind of person, any size bag may be an adjustment. But if you're a "half the house and a whole pharmacy comes with me in my bag" type, then adding one more little thing may not be as inconvenient, whether it's 11cm or more like 25. Hope this helps anyone thinking about it!

10. I too have taken 60cm dolls with me places. I actually used to take one of my 60cm dolls with me everywhere, but now, I find them to be a bit heavy. Getting older is not always fun.:(

I find that its easier for me to deal with 25cm Ichi-chan than a 60cm doll nowadays. Plus, he's easy to stash in a pocket should I need to for any reason, like crowds. I think I'll make a mask for him, because COVID. :kitty2

Ryu

11. I only collect tinies and I love taking them around with me. I'm not the most careful with them in the sense that I don't treat them with kid gloves, they're my little companions I have adventures with! Because of that I try and stick to a few things:

1.) I try to get dolls under $200, which can still be a lot for a doll to carry around in your pocket, but a lot of tinies can easily go above $300 and I don't want to feel precious about it. If I can get one for even less that's better but it's a balance between finding one that isn't so expensive I'm afraid to take her around, and one that I actually like! In the end it's more important for me to have a mold I connect to.

2.) I try to make sure the mold has exchangeable hands because I've definitely broken a finger on a pocket fairy in my travels. Also I avoid elf ears or other delicate features that might break

3.) in general I keep the wigs on full time, sometimes with Velcro or glue, because the wig also serves to protect the face. I avoid eyelashes because they're so hard to put on to a tiny little doll (I prefer 20cm and less!) and can look real wonky easily

My current fav is probably pocketfairy, I can find older bodies and versions for around $150-200 on eBay, they're quite sturdy, I can swap out the hands with the fist hands, and their face up's are super simple. I like a sturdy little chunky doll hehe. I do have an Elfdoll Hana on the way that I'm sooooo excited about and while she's definitely a bit more delicate you can bet she'll be travelling everywhere with me, Arrietty style. I need to make her a little carrying case!

12. When it's just Fee, I use a silk pouch meant to hold a pack of cigarettes that I got from Chinatown in SF, because it's the perfect size to hold her and whatever wardrobe she decides to bring along in our travels. Oh, and a Tile because panic is not fun. Trust me on that one.

When I bring the bigger girls, I have a small camera bag I sometimes use, but normally they just sit in whatever tote bag I have along. I have taken a trio of Pocket Fairies with me to WDW in the past, but now I tend to migrate to PKF if I bring a "middle" size.

13. Having brought my Resinsoul Yu around while on vacation, I heartily recommend her and other Resinsoul tinies. No issues getting her through airport security, easy to carry around in your pocket, sturdy enough to take pictures with (and drop...), and cheap enough that if she got lost or damaged that I wouldn't be too devasted (only a little).

14. I just found this post and have to say I like the ideas here!

Due to my work I'm traveling a lot and I'd love to take a doll with me, my issue is that I'm not always with my backbag though and only have a small shoulder bag (too small for even a 1/6 doll with all my stuff in it)

Someone here wrote about using a glasses case as a carrying case, which would be a working size for me
      Does someone know which dolls might fit into one? I know about PukiPuki, but are there others too? (yes, there's OB11 too but I'd love to get a BJD for nicer posing)

15. Myou tinies come with their own hard carrying case which is a good possibility.

16. I've found padded pencil cases or jewelry storage soft cases can also be great for having tinies around. I'm getting a dreamhigh Pocca and I'm loving that tiny contact case idea. Also the fun part about that is I love having dolls hiding in everyday objects. If you have headphone cases, like for the big wrap around ones, those can be great too! For bjds I prefer to have a more structured case because of all their little fiddly and twisty joints. With Blythe or other vinyl dolls I just shoved their heads in a tote bag and went on my way haha

17. I don't see any sculpts I like in that size from them though

Anyway, if someone here has a tiny and a glasses/contacts case, would you see if your Tiny fits into the case and show me a Pic?
      I found Pocket Fairy too (they have cute sculpts) but now that I think about it, I'm afraid the head might be too big to fit in a glasses case?