1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Best/oddest freebies

Feb 21, 2010

1. I got a pumpkin head light from my first order...I'm wondering what to do with it...

2. DollMore is the only one I got free stuff from. They sent me a bjd calendar, dress set, a wig, and post cards.

3. Well this was way back when I got the dolls I'm not keeping anymore... But I did get some cool stuff!

DIM: gave me a free head
      Angel region (before soom owned them): gave me Shoes
      Dream of Doll: It might be what they always do, but I didn't see it mentioned in the listing, I got a free black doll bag!
      Dollmore: Gave me a bag of.... dried shrimp sticks...? xD (I never opened them as I'm vegan)

So only two of the companies I ordered from didn't give me extra. I was shocked that I got these things, as I'm used to the North American way of never giving anything for free!xD The shrimp was odd though, still, even if I don't want it, It was a really nice surprise to get something for free!

4. Hi,

So I've been watching A LOT of box opening on YT (torturing myself :?) and noticed that some doll manufacturers include freebies and extras (most common of which is the calendar from Iple House and small candies from Little Monica).

Did you get freebies/extras when you bought your dollies? What were the items and did you like it? If given the chance, what freebie would you like to be included?

I got my doll pre-loved in a very good deal so I've no experience with a legit box opening but I'd like to hear your stories so I can have an idea on what to expect when I order my first doll from a company.

Thanks!

5. In my experience, the freebies are always nice surprise. I've ordered from several companies and some I appreciate more than other.
      Iplehouse: calendar but not always. I ordered 4 dolls from them this year and out of 4, I got 3.
      5Stardoll: random wig and eyes.
      AOD: if you get a full doll, you'll get a key charm.
      Loongsoul: they include dog tag for the doll, almost like a coa.
      Junky spot: totally random. Most time, whatever they had in season such as candy. I got a plastic coin and another time I got this weird Halloween cotton candy that was no good to eat, it was completely deflated and melted and it was with a Black Friday sale doll, therefore, I got the doll in December and the candy was already few months old by then. I've seen others get something better. I didn't have much luck.
      When selling second hand, I try to put something good in the box with the doll such as bracelet or little cute toy. I've gotten a Christmas snowflake ornament with a head I recently bought second hand with a nice thank you greeting card.
      It is something you can't really expect because not always there is something extra. It is a nice surprise sometime tho.

6. My Mystic Kids Evelyn from Junkyspot had some really nice freebies! A bag of Butterfingers, a pair of Naruto socks (which are perfectly amazing and I plan on wearing so much), and one of those animal shaped erasers. The eraser was extra nice because it's a cute birdie that's perfectly sized to be an adorable prop for my doll~

7. My girl from Mint on Card came with some japanese candy if I remember right, I think she came with something else too but I cannot remember since it was so long ago :c
      I love when you buy secondhand dolls and people throw in candy or even a cute note. Makes me smile haha.

8. I definitely have to agree with the JunkySpot orders; I believe my friend got a pair of human underwear with one of his boys.

#348 KiyoshiSenshi, Jan 22, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    9. The one time I was expecting a free gift I didn't get one. It was in like 2007 and I ordered from Junky Spot during their "no doll arrives naked" event thing, and all dolls were being sent in simple yukatas. But apparently this only applied if you were buying a full doll and not just a body, cause my body arrived buck-ass naked. :sigh They did send tiny paper cranes with the body, which was interesting.
      Other than that, I haven't received any gifts/freebies from companies (unless you count the stick-on Velcro Luts sent with my MnF Shiwoo).

10. I've gotten freebies in the past ^_^ My very first doll (purchased through Mint on Card) came with some Japanese candies and a mini Japanese Spiderman comic (too big for my 65 cm doll, though)!
      The oddest freebie would have to be what I received with my most recent order from Tata's Paradise: I think it's a sheet of eyebrow stickers. :? Has anyone else seen something like that? "Don't want to paint them on? Stick them on instead!" Always new things to discover in the doll world :XD:

11. Like a few others in this thread, I like the freebie I got from Junkyspot. I received a bird eraser, that will never be used as an eraser, as well as some candy. My daughters loved the candy, and the bird is now a pet to one of my dolls.

12. This thread is so fun to read! I dont think I got any from Luts unless I did and I just thought it was apart of what comes with the doll :sweat
      But now I want to order from some of the places just to see what freebies I get! :lol::XD:

13. My favorite kind of freebie is a free event head. The weirdest freebie I got was a compact mirror. Most of the time i get postcards or calenders.

14. I believe that was generally referred to as the "J-String" on JunkySpot's forums. :)

I got the T-shirt with my order (and do wear it around the house still), and was glad it came in a size that fits. I do often wonder what might show up if/when I order through there again, though...

15. My Nine9Style order came with a 1/3 scale magazine, full of their clothes. It's cute, and high quality for something so small. I even took a picture of my doll reading it in the clothes I had bought. :3

16. I got a 2017 calendar from Fairyland.

It's a glossy spiral bound flip thing that stands on a desk. It is full of pretty pictures of their dolls, and getting it in January was pretty good timing too.

I also got a Senior Delf head with my Luts order. It was part of the Winter Event, but I wasn't aware of it so it was a bit of a surprise to see in the box.

17. JunkySpot included a DVD that is probably? a martial arts film. I can't read chinese, so I don't know for sure. I'm saving it to give to my dad as a gag gift since my family used to do Taekwondo and my parents went on a kick of watching all the martial arts films. :aninja:

18. From Dollmore : I got one pair of extra eyes with my Grammy (Very beautiful eyes :D). I also got a cute Wizard of Oz clothes set !
      From Alice's Collections : They offer me a pair of doll eyes and cleaning sponges.
      From Tata's Paradise : I got a SD sized crown *-*

19. I've gotten eyes and sponges from Alice's Collections, which seems pretty regular. Eyes and a sponge from Junkyspot as well. I ordered a blank doll from Doll singing and you get to choose a free wig with your purchase. So that is great to have with the random free eyes with the doll I got. My doll was wearing underwear and I wasn't expecting that. What was a really big surprise was that I got 90% of a faceup on my Only Kids doll! I say 90% just because one eye had no eyelashes? LOL! So a near full faceup was my weirdest most surprising freebie! It made me very happy. :3

20. I got a bunch of really nice stuff from Marchen Waltz, they gave me a really pretty SD sized straw hat, a folder with a couple of the sculpts on the front and back, a lovely smelling perfume sachet, and a cute black hair tie with a gold bow on it. It was a really good tie too, I used it for months before I got my hair cut short.