1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Best/oddest freebies

Feb 21, 2010

1. I've received free shoes, head caps, and little plastic doll headbands from coolcat.
      Postcards from Soom and Luts. Unknown candy from different smaller shops (bjd clothing stores), and the cute little dolly sized magazine from Nine9style. I also found a random boy shirt in one of the fancy outfits from Angell Studio. It was just stuck in the bag between some of the fabric of the dress. Like it was a mistake? I've also received postcards and little brochures from Angell Studio as well. It's always nice to buy from the marketplace too. You never know what people add in their packages. I love finding unexpected doll eyes among the packaging. :)

2. I ordered my first doll from JunkySpot (awesome) and received a fortune teller fish which you lay in your hand and depending on which way it curls it indicates jealousy, indifference, in love, fickle, false, dead one, or passionate!! It's really cute but definitely different! They also included a my little pony toy, a little frog eraser, and Naruto socks :)

3. I ordered doll clothes on ebay. I cannot remember which seller, but they sent me a cloth to clean my glasses. Guys, you don't know how happy I was. I had just gotten my first pair of glasses and it was bugging the hell out of me that they were always dirty and tissues left residue behind. I was seriously more excited about the damn cloth than the actual clothes I bought any paid money for. >__>

I still have it.

4. I didn't have an oddest freebie before, but I do now.
      I just got one of my dolls some new shoes from Alice's Collections, and a white 'sponge' came with them. :lol:

5. That's not a sponge, that is "magic eraser" or melamine foam.

It is a gentle abrasive that can be used to clean the doll. Careful though, it'll rip off body blushing or faceups.

6. A doll I bought second hand came with an outfit I can only describe as Street Rat period Aladin. Complete with a little vest and off-white/flesh colored pants.

Normally, I wouldn't consider clothes an odd freebie. But the style was definitely different and totally unexpected.

7. My Peak's Woods came with an all-handmade crocheted outfit - expertly done. It must've taken a lot of time to make. I emailed a thank you to the company for the outfit.

8. My Oscar-Doll order came with a bunch of stickers, which I'm not sure what to do with them because they're all of disembodied doll eyes. Very pretty doll eyes, but I feel like it'd look really creepy if I put them on my stuff. XD But even better, they sent me these two Korean fruit pie snacks! They were delicious and I'll never say no to free food, haha. :whee:

9. I received an odd piano dress with a doll I purchased from Mandarake. The body looked like sheet music on a black background, and the ruffled hem looked like piano keys. It was huge compared to the doll, too. I didn’t know what to make of it, and it didn’t stick around long.

10. Candy candy candy is the best freebie ever!

11. Typically I only get event things. Leeke world was doing a discount on heads and I got seaweed along with the head I ordered. It was gross....
      I’ve ordered from DenverDoll and Minton card and I got some event gifts like DollZone dale, heavy rain...

12. It’s always a treat to get some little extra items. I love when that happens.

13. Well, not a company but, I bought some clothes for my girl off etsy, and the seller sent me a doll-sized plastic bottled drink. It was super cute!

I got free shoes with my girl when I ordered her from Bobobie. Standard, but I wasn't expecting them, so it was a pleasant surprise.

14. When I received my Immortality Of Soul Chaos they sent an adorable little opaque pink resin hand phone charm along with him- I think that counts as best and oddest lol :love

15. Lesse, well with my most recent boy, reagan from luts, i got a summer event head for free, a pair of glass eyes that i had wanted surprisingly, and glitter in his faceup! Which was totally beautiful

16. Soom just sent me two packets of coffee with my Lordstar Heliot's outfit...

I think somebody over there knows me entirely too well. :lol:

17. The only freebie I've gotten so far is my boy Verm's wig. Crobidoll sent it along with Lucien, and I finally managed to put it to good use. Luckily, the wig goes will with Lucien too, so I can make him blonde if I want to.

18. I think the nicest freebie I have gotten was the eyes that came with my Demiurge Dolls Warden head. They are beautiful and suit him so well!

I do like when they send candy or other treats too. I especially liked the tea that Harucasting sent with my Adori.

The strangest gift? I forgot what it came with, but I was sent a 100cm weft of 5cm green hair. Bright green hair. I think I wound up giving it away or throwing it in the thrift store bag.

19. It wasn`t from a doll order, but when the Volks store in Sendai, Japan had their big re-opening after moving, they gave away little baby food jars of plum wine to people who had brought the coupon they`d previously handed out. First time I`d gotten wine from a doll store!

20. I just want to chime in that the fruit pies from Oscar Doll are delicious! I hope I can find some at an Asian grocery soon... :drool