1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Best vs worst: Bodies

Sep 16, 2020

1. Best: Loongsoul 1/3 boy and girl, Doll Leaves 60cm boy, Luts senior delf. They’re all pretty bodies that are also functional straight out of the box. Doll Leaves and Loongsoul are in high competition for best poser! A friend and I had a pose-off between them, both were fully capable of all sorts of crazy poses, though I would say Doll Leaves won because the joints look prettier while doing it.

Worst: Mirodoll 60cm girl. It was a floppy mess straight out of the box, and restringing and sueding didn’t help. The engineering was just bad. She was supposed to be a sun kissed tan color and turned out this sickly orangey green with horrific sanding marks and some unsanded edges so sharp they could cut you. It was the lowest quality resin I’ve ever seen. Honestly, the sleeping bag she came in was better quality than the doll and I don’t think I’ve ever been so disappointed upon opening a box. This was probably about 6 years ago, I don’t know if they’ve improved since, though my OfButterfliesNThings Paulette cast by Miro is definitely better but still needed some work. Second and third worst would be Granado Nuevo girl and ResinSoul old 70cm boy. I don’t care for the aesthetic or posing on either.

2. My most disliked body is Fdoll's boy body. THE BUTTON NIPPLES. They are unrealistic and protrude enough to show through tight clothes. :doh

Most disliked body that I still own is Resinsoul's 70cm body. I absolutely despise that the dong ends in a right angle. It also sits really weird in clothing at times. Fortunately the character I am using it for now wears baggy pants so it doesn't show off in a way that'll bug me.

My major peeves seems to sculpting details that make clothes look bad... Like I'm personally not a big fan of six pack abs (every doll in the 70cm range seems doomed to have a lot of ab definition. I prefer a smooth tummy tbh) but at least they don't show through clothes. I enjoy good posing but I don't really mind beyond "can it sit and stand" because I don't use my dolls for photoshoots nearly as much as I thought I would so the majority of my dolls are sitting or standing.

My favorite body aesthetically in LLT's Ballerino body.

Utility-wise, I really like Luts SSDF. He poses well and his removable hands are so handy (lol), but sculpt-wise it's like good enough but.... his poor tiny butt.... I like Luts's bodies in general on account of having owned 3. Only sold one of them due to reshelling the character rather than an active dislike.

3. I’ve only had a couple bodies that are my favorite. First was my msd Charm Doll (sister company to Loongsoul). The joints had locks that made holding poses so easy. The body was nice and solid, not kicky at all. Second is my Granado 30cm Napoleon on the Vigor body. He’s action figure size, and is amazing with the engineering.

Worst is my Doll Chateau Fiona. I love her sculpt, but not having regular feet, but sculpted high heels, means she can’t stand on her own. Plus the extra joints at her ankles bend in odd ways. She looks beautiful when sitting though.

4. Best Body I've Owned/Handled Overall: Volks SD10-B Renewal. The proportions and detailing are absolutely breathtaking. Could not be more perfect. And despite the tiny feet, he stands like a rock and poses quite well. It's a real shame I don't usually go for Volks' headsculpts...

Best Poser: Dikadoll, flat out. Not even a contest. I've got a Dikadoll Shall on the oldschool 3-part torso (long since discontinued, the oldest body they sell now in 70cm category is the Version II) and holy crap. He can do anything I could possibly want, and hold it without wires. It's a shame the aesthetics are terrible (shoulder donuts! We hates them, precious), because the posing really is all that.

Worst Body Overall: Okay, so I don't actually own this one, but I HAVE handled it. The old EID Superhero body. Oof! I mean, yeah it's pretty, but...The hips are hot mess, the elbow joint won't hold a pose to save its life and is single jointed to boot (I'm a lot more forgiving of single-jointed knees than single-jointed elbows), I don't like the way the hands are sculpted...The list goes on. Did I mention the hip situation?? Because it bears mentioning twice. And with the thigh mobility joint, we got some serious crazy legs going on...Anyway, I'm really glad they retired this one.

5. Best: Soom Rosette. This is by far the best posing doll I've ever had, she can kneel down, she can slump over, she can do almost anything I try to have her do.

Worst: my Akhmel dolls cannot stand on their own. Or even really sit up unsupported, they are so tiny that the elastic that works for them just doesn't hold tension very long or well. I don't really mind, because I didn't get them to be elegant posers, but, it is there.

Also my Souldouble girl. I love her, but her leg and arm peanuts are shaped such that even though she's double jointed, in practice they want to be single jointed, and her torso joint doesn't move much.

6. Best: I've owned a few that were good posers that I sold for aesthetic reasons. Out of those I still own, Luts current SSDF and Migidoll Guy II bodies are both pretty good.

Worst: I sold my EID Superhero and Domuya Flexiperennials long ago. As for ones I still own, Sartoria J's female 1/3 body was the worst out of the box.

7. I only have two bodies rn, Dikadoll 1/4 body and Dollpamm Skinny line.

Dikadoll's body is very cute but not very poseable? Maybe it needs a restringing, but the arms can't touch my doll's face. The resin is so smooth, it's a regular MSD body with short legs so most pants are too long!

Dollpamm's body is great poseability wise, the engineering is very good. The shape of the body is very different than other dolls, I personally like it.
      The only problem is mine came with very big seamlines. The doll is in light skin too. It's quite expensive for a YOSD ($350) so I am a bit annoyed. But overall I love it, very sturdy for such a small body too.

8. My double jointed msd resinsoul girl is my best poser! She hold her poses tight and i think she could stay standing in a wind storm! And if you spend a few minutes to wire or suede her shes like a gift from above haha. The worst posing doll i have is a doll chateau ada. I wired her and sueded her which was a nightmare, and i put hotglue on the bottom of her little feet to try to give her friction.... nope. Nothing works. Her body makes me want to cry lol.

9. I have the full size Vigor from Granado and it's a champ poser. He stands without a doll stand and can hold himself up in a crouching position.

10. Thanks for all the input you guys! It's definitely something I'll keep in mind as I hope to grow my collection. Nothing would irk me more than to find out I really loathe a body, after spending all that cash on it. Hopefully this thread can help some other folks make decisions too.

11. Best: Newer Luts Senior Delf body. The first doll I could get to stand on her own without too much coaxing. Granted, I did get her secondhand and string her myself, but still. My one quibble was the combination of large-ish breasts and visible rib indentations. It seems unlikely that you’d have enough body fat for the first and still get the second.

Worst: ResinSoul mini-sized body from 2011. Terrible posing and weird proportions. Felt very plastic-y. I understand you get what you pay for, but a reasonably functioning doll doesn’t seem too much to ask. Way too thin for the head, I thought, and the doll wasn’t stylized enough otherwise to carry it off. She did have gorgeous hands, though.

12. I handle only two bjds, and for the worst I nominated Iplehouse EID super hero. Only good point in that body, that it's stand for days without any stands, but everything else is dissapointing. Can't hold any pose, can't sit without help... But my second is a Universe Doll 70cm body, witch is work like a dream. So far the winner in my crew, but it can change. I am now waiting on a Dream Valley boy hybrid, and very curious about that body.

13. I am only interested in realistic dolls especially in 70cm for male dolls. LLT is my top favorite doll company of artist Julia Cross. Julia’s doll bodies are very realistic with beautiful anatomical and detailed depiction. Soom Idealian and Iplehouse also have good-looking bodies, but they do not have good pose-ability. My favorite of Iplehouse male bodies is HID, but it is huge and heavy! FID muscle body is a scaled-down version of HID so it is also charming, but it’s hard to find clothes and shoes in FID size.

14. I have mainly SD and am furiously searching for my Twigking Eloy a body. Poor thing has been through several, lol!

Best: 1. Loongsoul ver 2 72cm. Hand down, no competition. I started with a Fierce beast Taou Wou. He can hold a crouch, a crouch! This body is, just, woah. The paws on the beast versions help as well, but the locks on the shoulders and the peanuts in the elbows are amazing! The knees are fantastic as well! I loved him SO much, i got a Thunderbull second-hand AND endured the almost year wait for a Beast Baize. I think I've only ever sueded the hips.

2. Ringdoll v2 70 cm. Still one of my favorites. Like a rock, my Warren has stood for years. Poor Warren gave his body to Eloy until I can decide.. I only dislike how skinny the legs are. They are gangly dudes. I really was excited for the V3, SO beautifully muscular, SO beauifully sculpted, but the knees on the 3 are not as good as the 2, they seem to buckle much more easily.

Worst: Dollshe mystic. Wtf.... just wtf.... it's gorgeous, but can only sit and slouch. He can't stand, AT ALL. My poor Kylo, the Supreme Leader, needs a freaking chair every day! The channels in the body are apparently not drilled straight, allowing the legs to just buckle like a wet noodle.

Every dang Iplehouse I've ever had, HID, SID, YID. Ok, my YID Erica is sliiiiiiightly better than the others. I sold the SID female body, but. Falcon is gorgeous, as with all Iple, but i can't even.....

15. My favourite bodies are Dream Valley, Doll Chateau, and Fairyland bodies.

I think my least favourite is a Mirodoll body I had that was just so terrible to pose.

16. I really like the dust of dolls bodies. They can be a bit of a challenge to pose at times but they’re
      so expressive. My least favourite body unfortunately is that of my LillyCat Millie. They’re really pretty but a pain to pose. I can never get her to stand on her own

17. Best? Even though it has a definite "learning curve" attached, thanks to the extra joints... I have to say my Delores' DC A-03 body wins there. Once you have it figured out, it's a very graceful, very flexible bit of engineering.

Worst? Put me down as another vote for Iple's older EIDs. Bricks pose better than those guys. <_< Which is sad, because the sculpting is absolutely gorgeous. They're the poster children for what happens when you go all-in on Form to the exclusion of Function.

18. I think the better bodies are Volks SDgr girl body, or FairyLand body. They can do a lot of poses, and it's beautiful too. The only disadvantage is the price...

19. Of the dolls I've had, the best poser is my doll leaves msd girl body. The body doesn't look like much without clothing (a little skinny with not a lot of detail), but its steady as a rock, and a graceful poser. My worst is probably the Myou SD girl doll body. She can't really do much.

20. Best posing: kid delf romance ver. from Luts, they could hold any pose, they’re double joints are beautiful
      The most beautiful and stetic body: is from single joint Supia Doll, all the detail of the back and the soft curves, it’s perfect to model any kind of clothes

Worst: doll leaves yosd body, the leg joints couldn’t hold any pose, to sat her down was a nightmare >_<