1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big BB Discussion(All Companies)

Mar 24, 2017

1. Thank you very much @whisperwolf !

2. A while ago I noticed that Coco Tribe released the first Big BB anthros I've seen so far! :whee:
      Their website seems to be down and they're not listed on some dealer sites anymore, but you can find those dolls here in their Taobao shop.

I really hope we'll see more Big BB anthros or Big BBs with fantasy legs in the future... *looks at Soom*

3. [​IMG]
      I got a Rosenlied Limited Valentine Surprise Box dress and this wig Saturday! My second Surprise Box had a striped shirt, 2 wigs, a lovely set of teal eyes, and black mary janes that wouldn't fit the MYou chubby feet.
      I found this amazing violin, as well as some other 1/4 scale quality instruments at a local store yesterday. I have to make a bow for it, though. They are from Broadway Gifts Co. ornaments, if you want to try to find them yourself. Very nice, all wood with real wire strings and tiny tuners. I bought a trumpet & an oboe, aw well. They also had an electric guitar, flute, and saxophone.

4. That is quite the violin. Having been a former violinist myself I am extremely impressed with the quality of that prop. The dress she’s wearing looks like it fits perfectly. I’m glad to see other people having luck with stuff fitting their BB’s across companies.

5. This might be a long shot but does anyone own a Spirit Doll Healing girl or boy to share? I'm a little curious...and by a little I mean a lot. They're so adorable. I've been looking into the MSD size but I have a weak spot for childish dolls.

6. I have a Healing Basil who I love! I am embarrassed to say I don't have a picture of him! I will try to correct that problem!

7. Has anyone tried using these thicker bodies to make a chubby, shorter friend for their MSDs? I have tried to find pics of this size next to standard MSDs but a lot of the existing pics are photobucket-dead. Can someone show me some good clear, preferably non dressed comparisons?

8. If someone doesn't put up pictures by Monday, I can take some then. I have a Luts KDF and a Volks DearSD. IMO, instead of a chubbier, shorter friend, it looks more like a normal sized person next to an oddly adult sized baby because of the proportions.

9. Thank you! I thought the proportions might be funky but some BB dolls do have some pear shaped hips sooo.. one never knows.

10. I don't think I've any non-dressed comparissons but, I do have 'normal' pics of my Xaga MiBobbie (BB 38cm girl) with some of my MSD horde crew.

[​IMG]Guided to the heart of the forest by Wildcard_Snowy, auf Flickr
      Left a Luts KDF on the Multi-body, right a Resindoll Yao on ImpYouth body.

And some more of her...
      ...with Luts KDFs: Luts KDF & Xaga BB size comparison
      ... with a Loongsoul William girl (for resin comparisson back then) Xaga ns vs Loongsoul ns-y &-p
      ... with my even SMALLER ones The tiniest ones
      (left to right: Custom House Mars (37cm), OceanMoon SoHa (28cm), Bobobie Elfkin (15cm)
      ... with one of every kind of size up to 70 cm XD BJD sizes
      (the middle row starts left with a Souldoll Vito of 52 cm to a Ringdoll Valo at 43cm and next to her is a Souldoll Soulkid Lev head on a DollLeaves body at 43cm).

It works for me, even thought the head is a bit big, but I think the wig covers that or at least lessens the impact. I ended up crafting a story around her, to support the head size difference and she's now a half-giant, wo asked an alchemist for a potion, that would stop her growth (not aging) and thus I'm perfectly happy with her among my MSD crew ^^

Extra pic with all my MSD girls: All my girls (MSD)

Hope that helps :)

11. [​IMG]
      My Myou Sally & Blue Fairy Tiny Fairy May (a regular size msd, not a slim msd)

12. Please do T__T that's exactly the sculpt I've been eyeing and I can't find owner pictures anywhere. I'd be so very grateful.

13. Hi! :D It is Rosenlied Holiday's Child Bebe my first doll of such format. I sew for it clothes, and choose footwear)))
      [​IMG]20180429_124858 by Alevtina Lomackina, on Flickr

#193 GallaL, Apr 29, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    14. @GallaL - she is really adorable!

15. Many thanks to you! It is very convenient size of dolls :)

16. I want to share my newest girl. She's an Asleep Eidolon Cordelia sp. I adore her. I need to find her a better pair of eyes. These are so hard to photograph.
      [​IMG]
      Asleep Eidolon Cordelia BB SP
      by Stokiaci, on Flickr

17. Very beautiful girl! I like her mysterious look ;) Try other color of eyes. Can be light blue? It is probable to photograph easier such eyes.

18. I love your new girls @GallaL & @Stokiaci!! I, too, love sewing for my dolls. And I agree with GallaL, that you might try lighter eyes if you want them to stand out better, Stokiaci.
      I had to pack all my dolls up to be ready for my upcoming move :(

19. Do Dollmore Illua and Alexia fit here? They seem to be chubby hard to fit little girls but aren't babies.

20. Yes, they are fine here! Many of the "big babies" are more like children!