1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big BB Discussion(All Companies)

Mar 24, 2017

1. Oh good! Thanks so much!

2. I'm so out of it, I didn't even notice Alexia existed, since once I saw tiny Lusion I was all over Dahlia. Tho I do have 2 BB's at home my Illua and my Myou Matcha. I really need to get some photos of them together even though they don't look the same size at all.

3. @AnnoDomini thank you for making this thread! I just returned to DoA after over a year long hiatus and am glad to see my favorite doll type has it’s own thread now :cheer

I would love to see more comparison photos! I scrolled upthread and saw you posted a pic with Illua looking much bigger. I’ve been wanting the MYOU body since it came out and really line Matcha’s sculpt

@whisperwolf I just skimmed the thread from the beginning and was wondering what ended up happening with your Matcha pear body. Did you end up getting the BB body from them or were you stuck with the pear shape?

#203 ker246, Jun 27, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    4. Oh, they ended up replacing it at no cost. Though I didn't think about the feet. The pear body had the large feet on and I had gotten the small for free, but when the original body came it had the small feet on. I like the chubbier large feet but decided not to worry about it. Thanks for asking!

5. Oh that's really nice they replaced it without additional cost! I actually didn't even realize the pear body and BB bodies have different size feet.

6. If I remember correctly, there are small and chubby feet for the smaller body and only one size for the pear body.

7. I'm looking for a big bb body for my Flower and Junior Mushiyi head! Anyone have any suggestions?

8. Hi everyone. I am looking for a doll that could pass for a 7-10 year old next to my 60-70cm guys and recently stumbled across the BB size. I am having a difficult time grasping the scale, however. Could anyone with access to both sizes (a Dollshe guy, a Dollstown 7yr body and/or a 5stardoll Super Kid would be a huge plus but I’m not picky) could snap a picture of them standing side-by-side? I have a suspicion the heads will prove too large, but a hybrid with a BB body might work for what I am envisioning, maybe?

A huge thank you to anyone who could steer me in the right direction.

9. @Havra:
      Not quite next to each other, but I did a large line-up a while ago.
      The tallest guy is my Granado Evo.Uranus and my BB girl is the lady at the front, with the pigtails and the red dress:
      BJD sizes
      Maybe that helps for the time being.
      My guy has a 7-8ish head thought and my girl needed a 8-9 wig.
      I might be able to take a pic of them side by side on the weekend, if you still need it.

10. Thanks for such a quick response, @Snowy! That picture does help, thought if you find you have time to take a clearer side-by-side picture I would hugely appreciate it. It’s looking like my first guess wasn’t far off, then- the bodies are in scale as a chubby kid next to the 60-70cm guys but the heads are too large and chibi-like? Hmm... maybe I’ll need to find a head in-between BB and standard MSD size...

EDIT: For future reference, what is the brand of the girl in the red dress?

#211 Havra, Aug 30, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    11. @Havra It would probably depend on what BB doll you buy, but I think most are 8-9 sized? I'm not that knowledgable in that size tbh ^^°
      But my guy actually has a small head for SD size. most are 8-9 or even 9-10. with your suggestionst thought (DollShe), I believe he's actually a good reference. DollShe is 'realistic' so the head should be on the smaller scale of SDs.

Nao-chan is a Xagadoll MIBobby of the 'White Obsidian' line.
      Here's a link showing some of their sculpts (thought not all)
      White Obsidian (38cm) : Alice's Collections

The 'in between' size is getting popular right now.
      I also have a DC Xanthe (human), but her body wouldn't work out for your plans.

What might work with that BB body is for example the Practise head of DF-A in 'Msd' size, who doesn't fit on DF's bodies. If I remember correctly I did try the one of my friend on this body and it worked in terms of size, but can't remember the color match ^^° (Also no guarantees as I don't have the head avaible right now and it's been a while ^^°)

What also could work - if you can find one - are Custom House Juniors or Luts KDFs if you buy them on the 'old' styled bodies. Or Volks MSDs, they are a bit more on the 'massive' size?

Just bouncing some ideas around.

I'll try and see if I can either take a good pic tomorrow or on Saturday.

12. Yes! The Granado head is a comparable reference to my small-headed “realistic-ish” crew- like my Dollshe Saint, whose daughter this doll is intended to be. While I’m widely flexible as to her age (from 6-12 years old, even) I’m not sure if I should be looking at BBs at all or at an even weirder chubby-as-I-can-find 50cm-ish in-between size just to get... bone structure scale. Definitely can’t have a skull larger than her dad’s 7-8, but I am not afraid of modding an oddball head to fit a fat neck if the limbs don’t look too outrageous.

Thanks for the other suggestions! I’ll do some research on those sizes too.

13. Dollstown just released a new head for the 5 year-old body. Narsha from Dollmore has a smaller head of 7 inches.

#214 nancy_schroeder_ca, Aug 30, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    14. @Havra I didn’t get to take pics yesterday, but I have two for you today!

First is a bidy size comparison pic: Wildcard Dragon on Instagram: “#granadodoll #granadouranus with #xagadoll #xagadollmibobby A simpke size comparison for someone looking for a child for their big…”
      And second is heads next to each other;) Wildcard Dragon on Instagram: “#granadodoll #granadouranus with #xagadoll #xagadollmibobby A simpke size comparison for someone looking for a child for their big…”

I think it totally would work out, but I also think it’s a matter of taste. :3 Hope that helped

15. Wow, the Narsha face is super sweet. Easily the favourite expression I’ve seen so far. Thank you for the heads-up!

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for! (They are so adorable together!) Thank you so much, you’ve been very helpful! :chibi

16. @Havra Glad it helped ^^ Good luck finding your girl for your big guy :D
      (And yes they are -^3^-)

17. XagaDoll Ida (with 30cm 5Stardoll Amy)

[​IMG]

#218 stellarphenomena, Sep 6, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2019
    18. I'm so glad the big BB size exists. I constantly want 1/6 dolls, but I know I'm not gonna like them because I hate sewing for that size. Sizing the kiddos up is like yes, perfect.

I haven't decided on which head I want yet though.

19. They have so much presence and personality too! Ellie (BDF Gabriel, in my user image) is my favorite doll.

Speaking of her, she fits the American Girl Kit rolltop desk wonderfully! I also have the AG Mary Ellen teal blue pullout bed sofa for potential big BB doll sleepover party photos. So in case anyone was wanting cute furniture, check out 18" doll stuff if you haven't already!