1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big BB Discussion(All Companies)

Mar 24, 2017

1. I wish I kept the American Girl stuff I had as a kid :doh

But that is good to know. 18" furniture is so much easier to find. I always want more furniture and props for my 70cm boys but it is much more difficult with them.

2. Sarako: I admit to buying 18" doll furniture. Ida (above, I posted) is using a table & chair set from the Our Generation line at Target. There is also My Life at Walmart, What A Doll at K-Mart, Espari Dolls at Barnes & Noble, Journey Girls at Toys R Us, Springfield Dolls at JoAnn/Michaels, and Dollie & Me at Kohl's with possible accessories & furniture.

Amazon has Hearts for Hearts. And Tonner has My Imagination.

Why there are so many 14-18" dolls I don't know!

Ellie is very cute. :)

#222 stellarphenomena, Nov 14, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    3. American Girl made the 18" size very profitable & others followed suit! Our Generation has the coolest props & furniture -- they tend to be on the cutting edge, so to speak. Like they came out with a diner set far before AG did, etc. I'm an 18" doll geek as well so it plays very nicely with my love for the big BB size dolls.

There is often a lot of really cool custom work on Etsy in the woodworking category. Not quite as efficiently designed/packed as some of the Minifee type room boxes and furniture, but still worth a peek if you've the space!

4. Sarako: Thanks for the suggestions!

Yes, it's evident that marketing 18" dolls that are cheaper is a trend. I love the Our Generation stuff! I bought a scooter and a horse (in actuality works better for a 1/6 doll?... not sure I don't have an OG doll) also. I like all the cars, carts, and deluxe clothes sets, etc.

What do you think of the newer Luts BB (Salvia, Violet / Marguerite, Lily)? I don't like them as much a Hanael and Gabriel. I just bought Hanael in 1/6 size.

5. @stellarphenomena I quite like Lily (she's pretty cute in real skin brown from owner photos) but the other new girls weren't as much to my personal taste. I am still holding out hope Luts will someday release chubby centaur Baby Delfs since they've done so many other centaur sizes, and they really like their fantasy dolls. Hooved legs would be cute too!

I also really want to see big BB size armor (like in the style of Customhouse's Ineffabilis release way back in 2007), but I might have to actually learn 3D modeling & do some 3D printing to see that dream realized!

6. Sarako: You're right, Lily is cute, I just don't like her promo look - white skin and the wig she is in. Point me to those tan owner pics? Have you written to Luts with your suggestions? Sounds like a real possibility to me. You could also write Iris at Fabric Friends and Dolls if you know that would be popular and see if she could suggest it, being a popular US retailer for Luts.

7. Tomorrow I will be ordering Gem of Doll Ines and Gem of Doll Edie from Alice's collections, both full set. Not sure whether to choose the normal pink resin or the white resin. Super excited! These two dolls are my grails

8. Congrats! I hope you post lots of pictures!

9. Ive been eyeing Ines and her outfit :) Congrats on your orders! Please share photos when they arrive :)

10. Thank you! I have decided to go for the pink resin. I am ordering from Alice's collections and my order qualifies for a gift 27cm doll, so I have decided on Vivian. I haven't seen many Gem of Dolls on this forum. I have been eyeing the big BB body for a while, and when I saw Ines and Edie knew I had to order them. I really wanted to get both as I love both and I think they go very well together. Will post pictures when they arrive.

11. I have a Gem of Doll BB :) I just don't post her a ton, because I want to get her faceup re-done, and that hasn't happened yet.

[​IMG]

12. Your Gem of Doll BB is beautiful! Is that pink resin?

13. Yes it is, but its been a bit whited out by the flash and color balance of my camera :) It's definitely a bit more pink than this.

14. I have now ordered Gem of Doll Ines and Edie!

15. Oh she is Adorable!

16. Zhaodan: Please share - love Gem of Doll!

17. wherethelilacsbloom: I love this face-up. Who did it? Although I like their sculpts, the promo photos have too much face paint for my taste.

18. You are so lucky! They are the cutest dolls ever!

19. Oops, I replied to the wrong one!