1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big BB Discussion(All Companies)

Mar 24, 2017

1. @zekarmisama Thanks for your feedback ^__^ I appreciate it!

After bothering a whole bunch of people on social media I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself a big baby. I hope I made the right choice because I usually demand a lot from my dolls poseability-wise but these had an European dealer and the body aesthetic was to die for.

*-squeels internally-*

2. Finally finished a wig and a new face-up.

Also I think I need to style this doll in puffy sleeves. This tighter sleeved dress makes them look more bobbleheaded than another dress I have. Also need to get more dresses with a color scheme that matches the wig better. I want purple eyes but can't decide what shade of purple I want.

[​IMG]20200422_125554 by Kaxen6, on Flickr

3. My beloved Koi

She's so pretty. I'm trying to make her a casual look as well. <3

4. @zekarmisama She looks very cute in that dress. I think the hybrid looks really special too. That smile is adorable.

@Meggiekarp She's such a cute princess. I can see why you'd also want casual clothing but she sure rocks the ones she's already wearing.

As for me, I think I'm never going to see the big baby I ordered. The dealer is closing down and is completely unresponsive. I'm trying to get a hold of the official company to see if they even placed an order or just took my money. We'll see.

A little part of me is still hopeful to receive them but by this point I'd be happy to just see a full refund.

On that note, I'd love to get some more big baby spam going here in this thread. Anyone have any cutie pies to share?

5. If you paid with PayPal and it's less than 180 days. File a claim with PayPal.

6. Thank you for the heads up ^__^ anxiously awaiting the results through Paypal but it could be a while. I appreciate the support.

I'm still drooling over all these gorgeous big babies here in the thread. I think I want to stay at 40cm+ atleast. So many gorgeous sculpts out there, not to mention hybrids. That's one thing I really love about the hobby. The versatility is through the roof~

7. @Siara Thanks! Ninodoll Bada is a head I kept finding myself returning to on my "maybe this one" list and I am glad I have the head now!

The versatility of the hobby is great and there always seems to be more possibilities!

8. What company did you order from? I'm so sorry about it closing, hopefully Paypal can get you back your money. It may be worth it to ask in the marketplace if anyone has that doll for sale second hand! I'll post you a pic of baby delf next to animator doll so you can see the difference in the baby delf group.

9. @whisperwolf Thanks a lot ^__^ I look forward to the picture.

It took a Paypal claim and a lot of stress but my baby Santiago (nickname Iago) finally came home. This is a linked image of him with temporary eyes and a wig.

Iago trying out some things.

I need to get him a reddish wig and fitting eyes soon. These Baby Delfs are just so adorable. I love the size very much. They're beyond cuddly. It was so worth every penny and effort to get him home.

10. Oh my! He is so adorable! I'm glad he was worth the wait for you!!!
      I'm sorry I forgot to post this! As you can see, the animator doll is all head! I lined their shoulders up so you can see that the bodies are generally the same size and shape, though the animator doesn't have a waist like Baby delf. Legs are no where in comparison though!!! Hope this helps!
      [​IMG]

11. Thank you so much ^__^ I do love him to bits. Those short legs are adorable but I get what you mean that they're totally different. Some items should be interchangeable at least.

I might or might not have a sister for him on order... :whee:

12. The Disney animator dolls are close in size to Dollmore's Mokashura dolls.

13. @Allie27 I've known about them for a while but I've never ordered from them. I think their 1/6th sculpts are quite cute as well.

Just sharing a little Santiago love. He got his first wig in a few days ago and I've already ordered one to replace it ^__^; I'm so bad at shopping online, I wish there were physical stores where I live. He doesn't look half bad in it though. I might keep it as a back-up wig.

[​IMG]

I love him so much. Just look at that little face :3

14. Koi is finally done!

I'm already looking for a new BB to be her friend. Gotta get the concept down first.

15. I've been looking at BBs for a while now, and it seems like very few companies sell double-jointed bodies, with most on the "very chubby toddler" side of ages. Quite a few cute sculpts, but unfortunately not what I'm looking for.

Are there any bodies that:
      • Aren't as chubby
      • Have double-jointing not limited by chubby limbs, like Doll Family H's
      • Thigh slits/mobility joints, preferably with knees-to-chest capability
      Most companies seem to be allergic to even providing basic pictures of unclothed dolls, let alone ones that show their full range of motion. *_*

As far as I can tell, Comi Baby, Doll Legend, Telesthesia & Dragon, and MYOU Doll's original BB body all more or less fit those requirements, but again, companies and lack of good pictures.

16. @Valor, maybe the Spirit Doll BB bodies would work for you? They’re less chubby and are double jointed, but you may need to ask owners about the range of mobility.

17. @snowgray The "Healing" boy/girl bodies, right? Spirit Doll's stock photos have the dressed dolls all posed really stiffly, so it's surprising to hear that they're double-jointed. Makes me suspicious of their poseability. :sweat

@nancy_schroeder_ca Do you still have your Spirit Doll Healing Basil? I couldn't find any pictures.

18. I do still have him! I thought I had some pictures but I couldn't find them today.