1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big BB Discussion(All Companies)

Mar 24, 2017

1. @Mayumi_Nyu thank you, I definitely will keep you in mind when my girl arrives!

2. How did I not know about this size before?!?! They are so cute! Does anyone know if the Xaga BB's pose well? I noticed all their promo pics have generic standing poses, but I'm curious how well the pose in other positions.

I've got my eye on either a Xaga August I think, but then Delf Gabriel is also adorable...

3. Hey everyone! Just splurged on a new dolly purchase and ended up getting the Doll Family-A 40cm Chubby BB body (those chunky KNEES :love)

Does anyone here have one and willing to share some pictures? As well as any general recomendations for clothing options if theres any store stuff that will fit (character will be a young male)

4. I have a Baby Delf and now a Rosenlied joined my crew as of this month. These two are opposites but good friends.
      [​IMG]

5. They are both so cute!!! It’s always exciting to see pics, especially different brands together. Baby Delf Faces are super adorable to me.

Sorry, EmortalFreak I’d share pics but I don’t have a DFA BB to share, though I wish I did!

I’m in the same boat of “what fits?” with my Xaga BB (one month down on my wait for her! Woot!) I ended up just buying her some adorable purple high top converse and a couple of wigs (because they were both so pretty and I could not decide) but decided to wait on buying her clothes until I get her in my hands and can see how well she fits my other doll clothing.

6. My DFA body should be shipping this week :dance the head will take a while longer but at least I’ll have the body to mess around with finding clothing options and testing posing!! Main problem is he’s a boy and will be wearing pants... May have to get SD and just hem them shorter maybe?? :huh?: Unless anyone knows of amy companies that do pants on this size...

Update - got my tracking number from ACBJD, he’s airmail shipping so lets hope he doesn’t get stuck anywhere for ages...

#346 EmortalFreak, May 5, 2022
      Last edited: May 5, 2022
    7. Anyone have or know someone with the Akagidoll BB Celina? I've been searching for body pics of her for a while now and NO ONE has one. Only one owner on IG has posted one (and the faceup artist of the same doll posted the head) but you cannot see the body in their pics, and due to a language barrier I have been unable to ask for any. I even tried emailing Akagidoll about it and got no response. I just wanna see the body damnit! :crushed

8. I was wondering this too! I couldn't find any anywhere. But I did find some pictures of Akagidoll's YoSD sized body, and looking at the elbows and hands in Celina's photos, I THINK it's probably the same body scaled up (much like Akagidoll's 47cm and 66cm boy bodies are the same at different sizes). It actually looks nice except that I don't like that style of non-rotating elbow.
      Akagidoll - YOSD Body

9. Here is a comparison of Xaga Micoco, Myou Loretta, Myou Mousee and Spiritdoll Basil
      [​IMG]

#349 nancy_schroeder_ca, May 6, 2022
      Last edited: May 6, 2022
    10. Does anyone have big baby jointed hands? I think one of the Doll Families makes them but I could have swore I saw another maker. Possibly Dollmore? Been curious about them lately.

@Glace Leau
      Does Akagidoll scale their bodies to different sizes? I'm actually thinking the BB body is probably different just based on how different their other bodies look. And the BB elbows look rounded while that yosd body has more of a square shape. I didn't even know Akagidoll made yosd bodies and from what I've found searching it looks like they were only made in partnership with ElementDoll and only available via SpaceStudios? Can't seem to find those yosd bodies listed elsewhere, not even on Akagidoll's taobao (though I'm not that great at searching there tbh).

@nancy_schroeder_ca
      Thanks for the comparison photo! I've been interested in that Xagadoll big baby body for a bit. It's shorter than I expected. How is it at posing? I know BB tend to be limited but so long as a doll can sit and stand (and maybe a specific pose for that specific character) I'm usually not picky about not being able to do those complex poses.

11. @Cap'n I have an Asleep Eidolon Cordelia SP on the Xaga doll body. I've never posed her extensively. Her balance is really impressive. I can just plop her down and she stands rock solid. I'm pretty sure I could get her stand one leg with enough patience. She can also pull off a lot of cute sitting poses thanks to the swivel joints in her thighs. She's a very sturdy girl sitting or standing. She sits up straight with out flopping back and she can slouch nicely. As far as clothing goes, she wears standard MSD clothes. I have her dressed in clothes from Nine9Style.

Lillya, Asleep Eidolon Cordelia SP
      [​IMG]

#351 Stokiaci, May 15, 2022
      Last edited: May 15, 2022
    12. @Stokiaci Thanks for doing the Xaga body review! I haven't had time to get her out and really check her posing!

13. Ooh! That comparison chart is to die for. Is there any way to get a copy of it? I've been making my own charts which are n nothing compared to your chart. I'm a little late to the Big BB dolls. I recently got Dollzone's Dorrit BB with the Jing head and I adore her. Thanks so much for the information in your chart/s.

Precious!

14. Theo’s body is here! DF-A Chubby 40cm in Light Tan... And OH BOY DO I LOVE IT :love

Next to my 58cm DFH Girl
      [​IMG] 68A85199-91CE-454F-8E0E-E538B530DECD

He’s currently borrowing my girl's shorts and tops for now, whilst I look around for things that will fit him. They are a bit big on him but better yhan nithing! (the tighter fitting tops are actually yo-sd ones he manages to squeeze into)

No idea on shoes, his feet look really wide??

15. From my experience of a few BB, they tend to fit standard MSD shoes well. Some might be long but width should be good.

16. Dropping in quick with some appreciation for the help of this thread and a little photo of messy Appy. :whee: This doll size is so cute and special! She's been much fun to plop my amateur face-ups on too!

[​IMG]

17. @Stokiaci Your Xaga review makes me so excited to see how my Xaga August poses in person! She's in shipping limbo, but will hopefully be home soon.

18. She’s so adorable! What sculpt is she?

19. Thank you much! :kitty2 She’s an Asleep Eidolon Cordelia—a charming sculpt that I ended up liking more than I thought I would.

20. Really love her face. They looks so sweet!