1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big BB Discussion(All Companies)

Mar 24, 2017

1. Hey there, lovelies. I'm looking to get a doll in this size, but I'm not sure where to start. All the faces are so cute, so I'm mostly worried about bodies. What are y'all's favorites? I really want something that poses very well. For this reason, I'm not sure single jointed is for me, but I've heard of some bodies which are excellent posers while still being single jointed, so I'm not ruling it out entirely. Any recommendations?

2. @GammaVector - I totally understand. :) I love my BDF and my Holiday's Child dolls, but their single-jointed-ness does limit their posing quite a bit. :)

I ordered a Gem of Doll Miroro a few months ago, and she just arrived yesterday. Her body actually looks quite similar to the single-jointed girls, but she is infact double-jointed, and poses wonderfully. <3

This is my Emeilyne.

[​IMG]

3. I need to do another comparison of my big baby group but you might want to check my pictures of my Myou 40 cm Loretta here: https://denofangels.com/threads/myou-loretta-40cm-baby.708657/

The Myou 40 cm body is actually double jointed but acts like a single jointed body also. The knee and elbow peanuts tend to stay in the lower limbs unless you pull them out for a more extreme bend.

The 43 cm body has ball elbow and knee joints. These give a very smooth bend to the elbow or knee when bent.

Zaga dolls are very nice also but can be a long wait. I haven't really tested how much posing they can do yet.

4. Finally! Toile received her body, so we are all together! I so need a boy now ;)
      Corinthia (Luts Baby Delf Gabriel), Toile (MYou Big Baby Matcha), & Ellowyn (MYou Big Baby Sally)

[​IMG]
      Untitled
      by Mollie Bradford, on Flickr

5. What a cute group!

6. @Snowy Nao-chan is so adorable in her new wig! Great style for her!!

7. Hi Guys! After lurking at looking at your pics, I finally took the plunge and got a Big Baby! I reallly like this new size doll. I got Myou Big Baby Loretta. I am having trouble with the chubby feet though. I did see on the Myou BBaby thread that they have smaller feet too. I am going to order those so hopefully I can use the shoes I already have.
      [​IMG]For MSD by My Own Little World, on Flickr

8. Because my obsession with these dolls is high, I'm constantly looking for one to purchase. I really want a Bon Bon from Rosen Lied but the one I wanted sold out before I even got a chance.

In my search I found some dolls that I'm not sure have been talked about or shown here on the message board. If this is a problem, feel free to delete my post.

Amaris Doll - Aglaya - There seems to be just the one doll but they have her dressed in different clothes and different make-up. Each doll is sold as a full-set.

Another Doll Lynn - Version 1 and Version 2 - This doll is limited. I think the only difference between the two are makeup and clothes but I'm not sure.

#129 fairylin, Jul 24, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    9. Oh my goodness! She is gorgeous! Congratulations!!! The smaller feet are a little easier to fit to shoes, but still won't fit anything too narrow or with tight straps that go up higher on the foot, or with higher heels. I have small feet on one and chubby feet on the other and have still found a number of shoes to fit, but usually plain maryjane style made. Good Luck with the shoes!

The Amaris doll is lovely, not quite as chubby looking as some, and not the large head. She is probably more like an original MSD size rather than a BB from what I can tell. Very pretty sculpt!
      I love the AnotherMe dolls, and Lynn is just beautiful! They are definitely on my radar for a future purchase! I love the Lynn outfits!
      I hope you join us in purchasing a big baby soon @fairylin!

10. Whisperwolf...thanks so much for the info. May I ask what shoes you have found to fit the chubby feet?

11. I bought these and they fit for sure both sizes: kitty shoes
      And these I got a couple of pairs (sometimes I remove the strap for a different look) and they fit both sizes Edged MaryJanes from this seller
      Both of these you could probably find from other sellers, that's just where I purchased them.
      ie: edged maryjanes straight from China for cheaper or if you want in on the sale: Kitty shoes
      Good luck @myownlittleworld! The chubby cuteness of the MYou chubby feet are just so adorable, but I ended up liking the skinny ones as well. I also love MYou's extra pair of hands, and switched out one hand on each of my girls for the extra set.

12. Question. Did you get both the hands and the feet included with your Big Baby Purchase from Myou or were they an extra cost?

13. Ahhhh thanks so mcuh, whisperwolf!!! I like the chubby feet too, they are cute but I had one old pair of shoes I had to cut down the back to cram those feet into! HA
      fairylin, I bought my Myou through Junly Spot and she came with extra hands marked "gift" but only the chubby feet. I asked Myou on facebook about the smaller feet and they told me they could be special ordered eith through them or Junkyspot.

14. Ah! That's a great deal! Thanks so much!

15. I got the feet free with my Sally and purchased the extra hands, I think they were $18-$20 USD but don't remember for sure (thru Alice's Collection). Then I got the hands free with my Matcha (straight from MYou). So I have 2 sets of the extra hands, and 1 extra pair of small feet total.

16. Thanks to both you and @myownlittleworld. :)

17. Anyone know where I can find 5cm shoes? Also, would MDD clothes fit my new Doll Legend BB when she arrives?