1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big, big dollies. Would you buy a 1/2 (one-half) scale doll?

Jan 23, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Possibly, but...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I don't think I'd like a 1/2 scale doll. The size is a bit much for me, and I think I would have a hard time carrying it ^_^;;

But, like Logan said, if I fell in love with one then...well...I'd have to have it ^_^

2. Nope. It could be the most perfect mold ever, but if it was that big i wouldn't buy it. I try to keep my dolls to scale with each other (my minis are kids, big ones are early-mid teens), and a really big doll would totally throw that off since I don't plan to have any TALL, older adults. And even larger 1/3 dolls like Hound are kind of intimidating to me, size-wise, so I don't know what I'd do with a huge one!

Not to mention the space issue . . . :lol:

3. No probably not...

Resin is darn heavy as it is... I can't see being able to play with a 1/2 scale resin BJD too easily! And bringing it to meets?

>gah!<
      No thank you!!

Raven

4. Definately. If there were more male Paper Moon dolls, I would be clammering to get one. And those are FULL size human. If I could have a 1/2 size Winter, I'd love it. x3

5. Somehow, if it were an antique doll or an art doll, I don't think I would mind one being like three feet tall, but for modern ball-jointed dolls like we know, I don't think I'd go for it. Maybe because I like to mess around with their hair and eyes and dress them up so much and the unusual 1/2 scale would make all those things harder.

6. gods no O.O i'd be scared to death of it... lol being the wuss i am.. heck i'm affraid of the dark and i'm 22 years old XD lol. if i owned a doll that big it'd most likely be tied and stuffed in the closet or a trunk to make me not so weirded out... lol i've actually done it before untill the doll was rid of. i get freaked out easily.. I will just stick to my DOT happily ^_^ I love my boy :D he's perfect for me.

7. It all depends on the way they'd look, for me. :roll:

If I fell in love with the sculpt, then yes, I might consider buying one. :sweat

8. Very interesting question! Nope - in resin I wouldn't be able to lift it to sew, pose, or play with! Have problems with Hound, already, because of his ungainliness. Also, I have life size Himstedt children and a 42 inch Lindner that I love, but they are a pain to dress - so awkward. The concept is GREAT, but the actuality wouldn't work for me. Funny thing is my friends are not freaked out by my huge child dolls but think the BJDs are scary and spooky! Go figure!

9. 0.0 wow. You already have big dolls! Are they very expensive?

I would ask for pics, but the mods probably wouldn't let it slide...

10. I've seen some artist dolls that are this size and I must say I was very drawn to them. But for me they would be permanent sculptures in my house and I would only want one or two at the max. I wouldn't want to customize them.
      I'm happy with my 60cm BJDs and would stick to them for that purpose.

11. Oooh, no way. It'd be too big for me, and it'd kind of scare me.
      I wouldn't know what to do with it, either- it'd be really annoying making clothes for something that big, and it'd leave a space of feeling 'empty,' in my opinion.
      ._.ll| If that makes sense...

12. no, not in resin. too big, too much in the way, too much like a mannekin not a doll.
      the bishonen house boys are about the upper limit as far as how big as i want my dolls to be. anything larger than that starts to be less a doll and more an art object, and less fun.

13. LOL The SD16s are already a little too big for me as beautiful as they are so I'm quite happy with my limit of SD13s as the biggest I'd go for. I don't think I'd want a doll quite that big in my home. ^^;

14. I love this idea. I have been toying for a while with the idea of creating a larger doll for my own collection, but I am only a mediocre artist at best and am not sure I could do it right. I would love to try though. Of course, I don't know anything (other than what I've read on the boards, so that's not real-life experience) about resin casting, so any doll I make would have to be made out of something I could sculpt from. Seeing as I would just be making one, I don't think that would be a problem. So long as my doll would not be the same size as me (even if those are cute, there is just nowhere I could put one!) I think I would love them. Oh, and the first doll in this thread would be the perfect size for me. ^___^ She would be hard to find clothing for (omg, I might actually have to SEW!) but it would be worth it.

15. Ok, like having dolls isn't precieved as weird enough already, by other folks...but having child-sized dolls...Nope, I'll totally pass. That I would find to be very, very creepy indeed. :shudder

16. Sure I would. If it was the right sculpt. I played with large dollies as a child that were close to half my size (like a My Size Barbie), so I wouldn't mind it now if it was the right sculpt. But, I would not want a full scale doll. That is too big. A child size doll to sit in a little chair would be cool, but I would want it to be a mature sculpt, not to actually look like a child.

17. No...

Too big-- where to put it? too much space taken up! not easy for photoshoots or transporting. need whole new set of wardrobe that's probably going to be way more expensive...

Too heavy--can't carry it or move it easily...

WHY would I be interested?

Now... if they weren't resin, but some new light-weight material... if they were full-size so they could fit human clothes... if they were easily posable... and CHEAP... I'd think about a full-size one! I've always been a bit intrigued by mannikins, but they are so heavy, unposeable and expensive that it's not worth it.

18. I would so get a 1/2 doll! But it would just be for display and would never take her places since it would be to big and heavy. Though it would scare me at night since my dress form scares me sometimes in the dark.
      I'm sorta wanting to try and sculpt (XD yeah right) a larger doll.

19. it would depend on the price and the sculpt. I wouldn't want a child looking one..not a kid person....but it would be kewl to have a larger one as long as it was light, cheap {comparatively} and a nice sculpt.

20. Hmm. I might. It depends on the sculpt, really. ;3 But they would have to be made in America.. you know what the shipping would be for a chunk of resin that big?! :o