1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big, big dollies. Would you buy a 1/2 (one-half) scale doll?

Jan 23, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Possibly, but...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I don't know...maybe if it was a sculpt that I really loved, but I'd be worried that the size would make it ackward to play with and it would be very difficult to take out to dollmeets or for photoshoots.

2. I'd be excited to see such a thing and would enjoy ogling pictures of it, but no, I wouldn't buy one. I have a hard enough time with SD dolls and in fact am down to two (both on the short side).

I like little guys ;)

But it would be fun to look at, for sure!!

3. I love dolls. I must admit, bjds started my love for dolls of most kinds. I would love a larger-sized bjd. Heck, I would love a bjd double my size.

4. No way. I'm only 5ft tall a 90 cm doll would be a bit more than half as tall as me. I'd look ridiculous trying to carry something that big.

5. Eee I would love a doll that big *___* It couldn't be too realistic though, or else it would creep me out. If it looked too happy it would also creep me out. Maybe if it looked like a little demon and had horns and an evil expression XD... I'd just sit it in a chair in the corner or my room. Holy crap that's so awesome but still creepy. xD

After seeing those huge art dolls I have to say I'm tempted to make one... because you know, buying a 120cm doll would be soo expensive.

6. It would be A LOT of fun to photograph and dress...

but for me it's just not practical. it would be too much of a hassle to move it and stuff... I like travel sized dollies :). The only way I'd ever consider it is if it was of my favorite personal character, and was made of something less heavy than resin.

7. Nope. My 60cm girl is already pushing the size limit for me. She's huge. I couldn't handle more than a few cm bigger.

8. If there were mature sculpts and if I could afford it, yes, I think I would buy one. I'd even love a 1/1 scale if it were made of something lighter. I mean it sucks when BJDs fall down, but if one that big fell... I wouldn't want to be in the way :sweat

9. Ooh, I forgot about the mailing issue. That just wouldn't work well, I mean I've paid up to $77 for EMS shipping for just an SD13 boy. I wouldn't want to imagine the shipping fee for a half sized doll made of resin.

Sera~

10. a half-scale doll? heck, i want a full-scale doll! we could share wigs and eyes and have teaparties... :love

okay, or not. but half-scale would be kinda neat, maybe. i've thought about making one based on a character from a story. you could put more details into clothing and jewelry and such. but he might get angry one day and stomp all the smaller dolls. :(

11. I don't think so. Im already wrestling with the size of the 70cm dolls. I have a Dollzone Boys Head, but did not buy the body because I did not want a doll that large.

12. I live in an apartment in SF. I never plan to own a home. So, unless they move in and pay rent: No.

I love the way they look, I'd love to make something like that, but no.

13. Maybe - but only one! Otherwise - the term "herniation' comes to mind.

Besides, how many arguments do you want to get into in the course of one day about whether your "kids" should get in somewhere or travel somewhere without needing to pay, since they're obviously going to need their own seats!

14. No. That's too big. I already think that 60-70 cm dolls are really big. So I'd never want a 90 cm one.

15. Yes..but I'd treat it differently than my 60 cm bjd's..having it on your lap while gaming would be pretty hard with a doll that big XD As would carrying around be..but I'd love to make clothes for it(..because I love to make clothes for every size xD)and pose it and take pictures of it.

16. NOES! far to big... xD How would I carry it?

17. no not really, i'm only 158cm meaning the doll would be more than half my height, scary >_< also, it would be totally expensive

18. I think it would be fun to have a doll that size, but they would be SO heavy; and a real pain to transport. Plus, at 90cm, they'd be quite a way over half my height x_X;

19. I wouldn't buy, because I'm a freak who likes to take her doll with her in my bag. And a 1/2 scale is just too big..Wondering if I can take my SD with me if I have one.

20. No, just because of a number of factors. First, the size. I can't see a 90cm doll being anything other than unweildy and difficult to play with, pose, what have you. Also at that size it would be too heavy to be able to pick up and carry around like the 60cm dolls, and the thickness and strength of elastic needed to string it would be pretty intimidating, too.

Then there's the price-factor. Given how expensive the 60-70cm range of BJDs is, for me personally the cost of not only that large a doll but the clothes and accessories too would be completely prohibitive. I'd be interested in seeing others' dolls, but I wouldn't want one that size of my own.