1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big, big dollies. Would you buy a 1/2 (one-half) scale doll?

Jan 23, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Possibly, but...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I'd probably prefer something more like 85cm (not much of a difference but ... :sweat )

but yes I would love a bigger doll, I know I'm in the minority but I keep looking at my doll (70cm dollzone) and thinking, "wow he's tiny, whats the big deal with everyone saying hes huge? D:"

now bear in mind I havent had any contact with a smaller doll but I really can't see myself getting a 60cm doll or smaller at this point in time

2. Everyone keeps talking about the price, but really, wouldn't it be comparable to some of the Limiteds floating around here...Cripes, everything's cheaper than a Bermann, even a theoretical 90cm doll, LOL!

3. Since i bought my MNF lishe and my Unoa, i realized that i prefer MSD. So, i wouldn't get a doll so tall. Not for me ^___^

4. No most defenetly not. I love MSD, but if I lived in a state with a carpool lane it could be handy,would this doll fold to fit in an economy sized trunk/boot?

5. I would like to have a one half scale doll. I have a child-size mannequin and she can wear people clothes and shoes. I think it would be easier to find clothes and shoes that fit. They make adult style shoes in kid sizes.

I wouldn't want to carry it around all the time but I'd love to have one lounging around on the couch.

6. Dollshe's boys are about my upper limit on dolls. Bigger than that, and they'd start to disturb me rather too much.

7. OH YES *_* That would be so awesome! But expensive too...

8. It wouldn't creep me out, but that would be too large for me to move around an play with effectively. I'm a mini and smaller person, so even the standards are a bit large for my tastes. They'd definately be cool to see! I wonder how much one would cost.

9. Given unlimited income? I'd totally have all sorts of dolls, big and small, including 90 cm or 150 cm dolls.

10. mmmm.... :)
      I'm waiting for someone to make me the ultimate life sized Ichigo doll. ;)
      My husband would probably have a fit, but hey, I can dream, can't I? :celebrate

11. I think I'd have to see one first before I thought of buying one if they were that big. When I was first getting my 60cm one...I was making it out to be alot bigger...but 1/2 scale...I think it might be pushing the "cool/desire" factor. I like the 60cm size. I think it's perfect. Even though it's bigger than other dolls...I would still say it was "small" in reference. I think I've always been attracted to smaller things like that...small=cute. A 1/2 scale doll would be...like a child...too big...toooooo big. But...I'd really have to see...

12. I'd definitely want one, but I'm sure they'd be insanely expensive. If money weren't an issue, then an actual human size bjd would be cool too. It'd propably be impossible to manage though (too heavy etc.).

13. I think I might like one, but only one, and it would have to be a very specific, perfect girl.

14. I have MSD dolls - I think they are my favourites !! I don't know why !!
      I love this size of dolls !!
      But I change my minds sometimes - ..............

15. Yek no if a doll is almost has big as i am, that would totally creep me out, plus its hard enough dressing BJDS whos legs snap back and kick you, image that with a really big doll THAT COULD GET DEADLYXD

16. yes if i saw the right one and have the money.

all my dolls are boys, the fact that they are only 60cm tall makes them look even smaller to me than they actually do. i always feel like holding a baby when holding any one of them, but i don't like this. they are not my kids and i do not collect dolls so that i can be a "mum".

i have a special love towards bigger dolls too. i guess that's part of the reasons why i switch from Blythe to BJD.

17. I'd love to own one if it had mature features and didn't just look like a small child. They're so creepy I love them.

18. I love my MSD sized dolls too, and agree that they seem the perfect size to dress an play with - and I do have problems with my Dollshe Hound when it comes to dressing him - limbs akimbo all over - but god I would LOVE a bigger doll - I often eye up attractive shop mannequins......................

19. That would be a kid size doll... Woah, fascinating question. If it looks good, I probably would. No size-discrimination! Heh.

20. I've been playing around with the idea of attempting a full human-sized doll for a while now. However, the cost of sculpting materials would be horrid, so I haven't done anything with the idea.