1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big, big dollies. Would you buy a 1/2 (one-half) scale doll?

Jan 23, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Possibly, but...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I think it would be kind of creepy! :aeyepop: hard to handle plus I don't have enough space. expensive too! Im the kind of person that I have to have more than one of everything!;)

2. eh... no. if i wanted a kid, i'd have one, or babysit. The overall Idea just seems to sort of creep me out.

3. I'd love to have a 1/2 scale doll. To me that would be easier to work with as far as sewing for! As long as it didn't look childish, I'd get one in a flash.

4. If I had a 1/2 sized doll (assuming it was jointed) I would probably buy it for the purpose of making it in to a pc case mod.
      I'm insane. U.u

5. When I first heardt how large Dollshe BJD´s were I couldn´t imagine liking them, but it turned out the other way.
      So, I think it would be worth looking at it, but the doll probably would be to big for me

6. 1/2 scale is way, way too big for me, I barely manage my SD13 boys ^^;

7. Maybe. If it wasn't ridiculously expensive, and I liked the sculpt. ...It might have to stay in its own, locked room at night, though... (yes, I am a total wuss :sweat )

8. Yeesh, um...I think that's getting a little too big for my tastes. ^^;

9. :P 4 me, no ~ to big + i think i might get a little creeped out seeing one in my house >< but itd be pretty cool to see one in person

10. If they somehow made a resin mix that was 1/2 the weight of polyurethane... then I probably wouldn't have any problem with a 1/2 scale doll (I'd probably like it even more...) Its just that with the weight of normal dollfies, 1/2 would weigh a TON o-o

11. I don't know if I'd ever buy a 1/2 BJD... but if I wasn't dreaming I do believe that I saw a 1/1 Chi (from Chobits) BJD on eBay once upon a time. It was a while ago though.

12. Oh some one here at den of angels owns one of those Chii's There from the papermoon company in japan that makes full size anime characters.

13. yep. She belongs (or belonged, not sure if she sold her) to a board member here. She's made by Paper Moon.

Edit: oops. Just said the same thing as above.

14. I stand at 4 foot, 11 inches (148 or 150 centimeters tall) and I'm already going to turn 25 at the end of this year, I won't be growing anymore. I'm in the process of getting a dollzone 71 centimeter tall bjd but with Elysium Hugo-SW head it'll be maybe 72centimeters. Since 75 is half of 148 I'm all set to get a bjd that's half my height. XD

I think I'll take photos to show size comparisons between my bjd's and me. *laughs*

15. Personally, if I lived alone (or at least not with my husband), I'd love to have 1/2 or even 1/1 scale dolls or mannequins . . . I've always been fascinated by them. I don't think I'd dress them and play with them the way that I do with my 1/3 and smaller dolls, though -- they'd be art pieces, basically.

A dream of mine is to own one of the gorgeous big art dolls put out by Asian artists, but I'd have to drastically increase my income to afford one. But, yes, having the privilege of owning a one-off 1/2-scale or larger doll would be amazing :D

Unfortunately, I'd have to get divorced for this to happen -- Kyle has already nixed the idea of mannequins and mannequin parts, even in art installations, because he says I'm creepy enough already . . . LOL!!

-- A ;)

16. They would be terrific, but I doubt I'd ever get one. And I think my husband would totally freak out. LOL. The large Asian art dolls are gorgeous though.
      Pam (in DC/Va)

17. LOL, YES I would totally have one. Especially if I ever get my own place and can have a doll room. ^_^.

[edit] ... are aren't My Size Barbies about 1/2 scale? I'm j ust thinking of them as a size reference. When I've seen them, they don't seem so big. I've always wanted to take one of those apart and turn it into something else...

But yeah, I think a large doll hanging out in a chair all day... staring at any guests would be preety cool.

18. I was orriginally intimidated by KidDelf/MSD size so I really dont think I would buy a 1/2 doll.. :sweat
      My sister has a plastic doll of roughly around that size, it's hard to handle due to it's size and I doubt many people would have space for someting like these. Most dont feel comfortable around something so large... staring at them blankly.. O_c;;

19. I choose possibly but I don't think that a doll that big would fit into my budget or my plans. I would end up buying one if I become a millionaire but... then again... it would just be collecting dust.

20. No......1/2 scare will be way tooooooo heavy......
      And it is hard to bring the doll out too.