1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big, big dollies. Would you buy a 1/2 (one-half) scale doll?

Jan 23, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Possibly, but...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. yes! since I want a boyfriend for my model doll that's taller than her. I intend to make him myself, and he's going to be huge. And buff.

2. I was thinking about this today!
      Lifesize dolls would really freak me out, I don't want them. 1/2 size is ok. The Rozen Maiden are really big by the way (like a kid), but I would love them.
      On the other hand they would be very heavy to carry around. I travel alot with the train and I want my dolls to be with me, so 1/2 size is not an option. 60 cm is enough for me.

3. well.. the 70cm dolls are almost 1/2 of my size, (ok, not really, but if you add 10cm..) so a bigger doll than that.. no. I think the 60cm dolls are perfect size ^^

4. I was going to make a 3.5ft(106cm) scale BJD doll for my Art teacher out of her left over mountain of clay. >_> It'd be heavy sure, but it would be fun to dress something up like that. ^_^ Since, I'd be doing a Toshio(sp?) boy from the movie Ju-On. ._. it would be rather scary haven't something like that in your room at night though O_O I don't think the size would matter to me. I just worry about the weight.

Heh, I remember that Chi doll. It was 5'1(155cm) XD Sold for like $4,000.

5. yeah...with very high ceilings and lots of extra space for storage in the garage.....and probably Killos of pastels or so for make up..... lol

I totally would!
      freaky but kinda interesting idea....

I would be scared coz of it looking at me at night. Like a human- as big, and not moving..and staring...and smiling.

No I am not afraid of clowns (coz its a joke) and I got totally carried away.:sweat

6. I love the 90cm art dolls that were posted up. They are beautiful, and kinda creepily realistic.

I would love to own one, but they are way too expensive. So, while I am kinda so-so at sculpture, I am very interested in trying to make one, one day.

When I first heard about BJDs, I only found Mini owners, and so was quiet put off even 60cm BJDs. But a year on DoA has made me change my mind a bit >_>

I love the taller dolls, I would love a dollshe (if they could fix their posing problems, meow), and a 90cm doll would be lovely. I could only see me owning one though. I would see it as more of a sculpture, than a doll. That what I see the art dolls as being though, posable sculptures.

Life scale though, that's a bit.... off putting.

7. Forget 1/2, I want 1/1 scale dolls. :lol:

Hahaha, can you imagine a life-sized Isao?

...Ok, maybe I don't want to think about that. *looks at pair of Isaos on desk*

8. Hm, I don't know, I'm thinking of making a 80/90 cm doll, but that is very large already. I think they would creep me out of they were half my size. I'm pretty tall myself so..

9. I think it would be interesting to see... Though I'm not sure if I would want one. For me, I think something Hound-size is already big enough... Especially considering that I'm not very tall myself. And that I wouldn't be able to carry it around... To have something that's the size of a little kid sitting around, but is only a doll... I think it might be kinda creepy sometimes... XD;; I dunno. I guess in the end though, it would all have to depend on how it looked like though.

10. it would probably be a bit too freaky for my family :lol: but they would have to look a certain way and I wouldn't take them out anywhere :sweat

11. Heck. No. Nice idea, yeah, but being a small person, I can only imagine the hassle it'd be to transport the doll and keep it clean/clothed/presentable.

12. I like the idea of such a big doll but in real life it would probably be too much. Too big too play with and take around and also a bit creepy, almost like lugging a dead kid around.... *shudders*

13. I think if I ever become wealthy and eccentric enough, I'll look into getting a 1/1 scale doll... Not just a manequin, a nice one. And we'll have tea together... and film horror movies... mwa ha ha... yep.

14. No. My Hound is the tallest doll I will ever have, I prefer my dolls to be MSD and SD sized.

15. I think that if it was A) Way cute. 2) i dunno, made of a really light resin? I think it'd hafta be prettty light.

I saw a life-sized Chii, i'm not sure if she was a bjd or not, but her hands and arms had joints. o.o;; it was pretty cute. I think I probebly would like one, if they wern't like 1o,000 and crazy heavy=. I think i'd be fun. ^_^ She'd have her own room and clothes and makeup and . and. and! =DD Oh, i also think she'd have to be able to close her eyes....i don't know why, but that would be a must. o_x;;;

EDIT. <3 : After reading though this thread, i want one more and more!! I want manequines!! >.< I'm already picturing what s/he'd look like. :0 omgar. I totally want one now...I remember dancing with my friend's Life Sized Barbie...xD; I think doing their faceups would be sooo fun! =DD In malls, i always yern to photograph the pretty frozen ladies [that's what i call them. XD] sitting in the stores, but the one time i actually had a camera and a gorgeous model, it died. Dx I try taking to them, and i ask permission before i take pictures. xD [yes. to the maniquines. o_o;] If i get too close i freak out, they're like real people to me. I'm totally convinced that they have spirits...

16. I personally couldn't afford one, and don't have the room.
      Though, I'm sure if someone made a gorgeous 1:2 doll, it'd be the perfect one for somebody ^^

17. I think I probably won't. The ones that already are 60cm seem too big to me, and with a few ** lot ** of them at home, I'm almost sure I won't buy any doll that's bigger than this.

18. 1/2.... hmmm...
      yes, but....
      i'll go bankrupt

19. I think if there was a life-sized Isao I would probably die. :aheartbea

20. Maybe. If it was an anime chara I liked or something, then yes! I'd never be able to afford it, though. :sweat