1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Breast, Flat, or Inbetween

Jan 4, 2010

1. depends on what i want the overall look to be. Generally i'd prefer smaller/none for the young characters and DDs and up for the grown up ones.. .though, the latter ones are really hard to find. >_<

2. Depends on character. However, my favorite breast sculpts (aesthetically) are:
      Iplehouse EID Woman (both sizes)
      Twigling/Enchantment Doll "Ylisande" (TL2)
      Dollstown 15Girl
      Spirit Doll Proud Line Girl "Small" Optional Bust (I LOVE these, but sadly, I dislike the body overall)

3. I prefer the medium bust, but depending on the persona with each of my dolls depends on weither I choose a small or large bust. My more innocent dolls have smaller busts, and my (I guess you could say) tuffer dolls have a larger bust.

4. I want a big busty girl, but not in resin. She would be too top-heavy.

There is something appealing about busty Dolls, I know I like them because I'm flat chested and big busts fascinate me (It's something that I'll never have.)

5. My 1/3 and 1/4 gals are curvy, grown up-looking women, while my 1/6 is a slender juvenile build (as it ought to be, IMHO). I wouldn't discount a doll with slender curves, as long as the face looks sufficiently mature. I'm not jazzed by overly babyish fashions on mature dolls, and actively repulsed by sexy fashions on very "young" looking dolls.

6. I guess I'm the minority opinion, holding membership in the itty bitty titty fanclub;) Some of the recent sculpts with huge hard boobs remind me of that Woody Allen film with the killer breast! They captured it in an enormous bra and saved the world.

7. I love the busty bodies that are coming out lately- I think the EID woman is one of the most beautiful doll bodies I've ever seen, and I wish there were more with similar proportions, but in the 60cm range. But... that's probably because it's my body type, and it's what I'm most used to. In a way, small busted dolls look less normal to me, since I don't have one and don't look at it every day in the mirror!

It does depend on the sculpt of the doll though, there are some cute/childish looking sculpts I wouldn't put on a busty doll because I think it would just look strange! For example, when Bluefairy came out with their bustier "full blossom" body they released a couple of limited dolls as well as modeling it with another head sculpt. I thought it looked nice with Kyle (a boy sculpt which works as a mature girl) but kind of scary with Olive (a girl sculpt which I think looks rather young).

8. I like all sizes. ;3;
      For dolls with a more mature face, I think I like them with smaller ones so they look more boyish instead of ladyish. But for ones with young faces, I like any size... big size looks good on them because it makes them look squishy all over. >3<
      However, I don't often see big ones that I like the way they're sculpted. I am particular about boob shape. XD;;
      I would really like to see more boob shape variety on dolls. Shape can be much more important than size, but a lot of them are so similar, size is often the only difference. D:

9. I like my doll breasts very large. I come from a family where the women all have tiny waists, and big hips and breasts so a flat chested (adult) female doll just looks odd to me, it's not what I'm used to. I also think that dolls should have exaggerated features, so if I'm a 34DDD then my doll should be bigger than that. Someone who is very slim, may like their doll to be even more stylistically thin, someone muscular might want a super muscular doll, etc...

10. It all matters on how I want to depict that character. I do always take the real life aspect to it though. (So how so many people are different sizes when they are older). Age only plays a roll when in those "developing" stages or before that, otherwise it doesn't matter. I do admit that if someone has these outrageously huge breasts and they are a twig, then I'm just bothered and a bit sickened. I don't take a liking to my dolls looking like they have implants. :P *Can only think of the horrible pictures she's seen*

I actually have to admit at this point I pay more attention to how the breasts are sculpted and not the size. ^^;; Unless it's the size I mentioned above.

11. Small. I like small. It's been my experience (as a person with no chest to speak of, but who formerly had a pretty large chest) that most clothes fit better and look better the less boobage one has. And with dolls, I find that is also true. Since my focus with dolls is fashion and clothing design, big boobies irritate the crap out of me. Fortunately, my biggest is only slightly too big, and smaller than I had anticipated. Fortunately.

I'm pretty fond of the Volks boobage on the 13s. Even the L bust isn't very L and I can deal with it. Still looks nice in a tie.

12. This! : D I prefer in between boobies. My MSD has got some but they're not enormous-she's got a mature body overall though. I'm not overly fond of tiny tiny ones but I like mid size and the EID woman's breasts >w<

13. I simply prefer them not to be flat or so large. Natural breast are so much better than unnatural melons.

14. I immediatly Want to say the flatter girls, but that might just be because I'm just as flat and straight shaped as a boy XD
      However, I never thought that if I bought a girl doll the breast size would be a difficult choice for e, but now I'm looking at female minimees and it is becoming more of a decision XD

15. Depends on the character. I have a girl on my wishlist who's supposed to be flat-chested, but Zana (my Madoka) is a busty girl.

That said, personally I like it when sculpt have larger breasts, but only when it works with the overall sculpt. I love the EID woman (large), but I wished she was at least a little more chubby around the waste. Don't know... It would look more natural to me.

16. Merangel - Not to fear, here's another member for the I.B.T.C! (Itty Bitty Titty Club 8D) I like smaller boobs! They do look cute and they tend to fit better when it comes to clothing. (At least, in my RL experience! LOL!) I do have one doll who has some super jugs, my Soom Amber. Sometimes I wish she were a cup smaller to appear more lithe but in a way her boobs are balanced by her massive thighs (been dubbed "THUNDA THIGHS!" in this household) so in her case I don't mind too much.

17. With me it depends - with a lot of face sculpts that look like children, I think it looks kind of creepy to have them on big-breasted bodies.... If the face sculpt is more mature, then the bigger breasts look fine (although some go too large and end up looking (to my mind) grotesque like they've had OTT breast enhancements).

Generally: For a mature-faced doll I prefer small to medium bust (which are also easier to fit clothes on, especially historical styles), for younger looking face-sculpts, a smaller bust size and for child-like sculpts as flat chested as possible.

Teddy

18. I love small breasts, or at least medium ones. I love my SuperGem to death, but she's too boobastic for me.

19. A lot of boobs bug me because they look fake and unnatural, like balloon implants or something. But being super-flat with just some extra fatty tissue to indicate 'this is a girl chest, not a boy chest' isn't much to my taste either. So somewhere smack in the middle. My favorite doll company, Blue Fairy, has three female body sculpts which illustrate what I like and don't like perfectly. The Full Blossom boobs are too big and unnatural-looking and the Girl boobs are too flat for my tastes. Though, if given the choice, the Girl body is still better than Full Body because at least it still looks natural. The Blossom body is absolutely perfect for me. Like Goldilocks!

<3 ali

20. It depends the body and the head mold, I suppose. I don't like big breasts (for example Dollmore Fashion Glamor), I find it quite extravagant and unnatural.