1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Breast, Flat, or Inbetween

Jan 4, 2010

1. Really? Have you seen a Minifee body? They're mature, boys and girls, so it would look really odd for them NOT to have the option of a bigger bust. Even the smallest has some shape to it to balance the curvy woman hips.

It depends on the doll, on the owner, on the character. Mature minis are mature, they should have the option of having a mature bust.

2. Unoa large bust dolls are also very mature for minis. They are proportionate, like with MNF large bust girls. I've had both and have loved them. But like I said before, I don't want any overly large, disproportionate boobs. It's just...unnatural and unflattering to me. :)

3. Actually, no, it would not look odd for a mature looking dolls, mini sized or not, to not have a bigger bust. Many grown women do not have large breasts, some to the point of being downright flat-chested. This does not make them odd looking. On that same note a female doll does not need a bigger bust in order for her to be portrayed as an adult.

4. I like super flat chests on my females ^n.n^ I think it is because I tend to draw female characters with rather flat chests. I like them almost boy flat (mosquito bites you know) Although I have a girl with a fairly generous chest and I adore it on her. So there is a time and place for all body types. But as a general rule, the flatter the better <3 Definitely I have some exceptions though.

5. I meant to say it would be odd for them not to have the OPTION of a mature bust.

I meant that even the most flat-chested human woman has a mature shape to her upper body - not a childlike shape. Even the least curvy and flattest chested still wouldn't be mistaken for a pre-pubescent child. Of course she doesn't have to have huge boobs to be portrayed as an adult - I worded that badly. Of course a doll can be flat-chested and still be portrayed as mature (though I have seen people here insist that that is impossible and horrible and of course a large bust Unoa is a 10 year old she's a mini!!!).

It's just that the insistence (and I have seen it as insistence) that all mini-size dolls are of course no older than 10 years old at oldest (and that's a direct quote from another thread) and should never, ever have boobs at ALL OMG!!!111! Just really, really is nonsensical and absolutely drives me bananas.

I know many people want their mini size dolls to be children. That's great! But the implication that ALL minis should be childlike ones and they ALL should be children, which I have seen in SEVERAL threads including this one makes no sense. Just because my minis are adults doesn't mean I think ALL minis should be adults, but there are apparently quite a few people who think that because theirs are kids that everyone else's should be kids as well.

I think there should be options for everyone. And it makes sense for a mature mini doll to have the option of a mature bust, whether that be AA or HHH size. I prefer the Minifee large and small busts equally myself, but would be happy to have an adult doll with the cutie bust also.

6. I agree with AmyAngel 100%! I happen to like the MSD size better than the SD and I would hate to have my option of having mature minis taken away! It's not right for anyone to say that only a certain size should have certain options. Plus all of my girls have to have an hourglass figure because I do. :)

7. I think it gets confusing because immature minis are 1/3 scale children, and mature minis are 1/4 scale adults (or teenagers who have gone through puberty, at least), but they're often treated as the same size and scale range. Even more confusingly, some companies offer both a child body and a mature body for the same heads!

Yes, if you have 60cm dolls, your mature 45cm doll will look strange and out of scale as a miniature adult or oddly over-developed child. But if your dolls are all 45cm adults then you just have a different scale of doll- like collecting Barbies and SDs... the 27cm Barbie is going to have a very mature figure, but of course she's not meant to be a child compared to an SD, just because she's shorter. They're just in different scales! XD

8. I like inbetween for the most part.

9. I like either on the small side, or like average. I dunno. I don't like huge ones, like Dollmores Model doll lingerie III dolls. I suppose anything smaller then those would be good. Haha.

10. I suppose it depends on the character.

For the lady dolls, I think I have to agree that for the most part, I like them to be bustier. However, I am also a fan of the thinness of some dolls, so like I said, it depends on how I would perceive the character.

11. I prefer small-busted dolls - the Zaoll body is my favourite because it is clearly mature with a curvy body with hips, but small in the chest. There's situations depending on the doll, outfit and photo composition where a large-busted doll looks amazing where a small-busted doll wouldn't have done as much justice, but generally I prefer them smaller.

More important to me however, is how natural the breasts look, regardless of size. I can't stand the abnormally shaped breasts on my f-doll 60cm body - they even seem to have been dented during sculpting and have weird slightly flat planes where they should be more rounded - and I intend to get her modified to be much more natural looking.

12. I really enjoy dollmore model girls because I think they have very well sized boobs considering they are supposed to be young adult women.

13. for me I've never been interested in larger busted dolls... I've got a medium sized doll on the way (maybe a little larger?) and a MSD girl who's about as flat as a boy (but she's a child so it fits her character fine)

I guess I don't like really big boobed dolls because They'd have a larger bust than me... I don't want a doll who's bigger than me I guess... it'd be intimidating

I can't stand big boobs on MSD sized dolls... it's really just odd to me... maybe it's just because it wouldn't fit in in my doll family

14. well it all depends on the character....but then I wouldn't have her with breasts so large it's disproportionate, unless her character was saucy like that. :XD: so until that character comes along, I'm sticking to med. size~

15. Big, flat, average, they all have their place. Why discriminate? You only hurt yourself.

16. Hee hee XD
      Well, I guess if I were to buy a girl doll, I'd want her to have small boobs. Normal clothing (When I say normal, I mean clothes a girl in real life might wear, as opposed to a fantasy-rpg style spiked battle bikini bra outfit) tends to look a bit weird on huge boobed ladies.
      ....And also because people might start to think I had a boob inferiority complex if I got a girl with boobs a billion times bigger than mine XD Haha.

17. Boobs are nice.
      Regaurdless of size, I find.

I don't buy dolls spesificaly for their chest sizes but I suppose options are rather nice.

My small Chibi unoa seems to be buster then her /taller/ minifee female friend. ['Small' bust but not a 'cutie' bust] The whole idea amusses me.

18. If I have a choice I'd go with the small bust option I just like it better but is it a doll I really want and love I would not care about her bust size I will make it work.

19. I definitely prefer to have more breast than no breast. That's probably because all my characters are older and I really dislike kids in general, so having one that looks too young would put me off.

20. To me, I really kinda like the flat chested girls. I loooooveeee how flat chested Unoa girls can be <3 Heh :sweat odd, right? It's easier for me to make clothes for them, too. ><