1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Breast, Flat, or Inbetween

Jan 4, 2010

1. It really depends on the character I have for the doll.... but habitually I like to see dolls with some rack.... not too big though as I have seen BJDs with breats as big as their head and thats just evil O______o

But that my opinion XD

2. Well I tend to buy (unconsciously, and this is what my boyfriend tells me) dolls that look a bit like me. I am rather hourglass, so I love the dolls with the pillow in the top and junk in the trunk.

Shape is really important to me also. I hate it when dolls have those pointy breasts and then you can see their ribs. My favorites are the Soom Super Gem girls, they seem to have tiny bit of soft tummy to round out their shape. (I may be wrong on this, that is just how the pictures look. I'll edit if I'm wrong when Cuprit's body arrives). Me and my boyfriend's fave mold is Fauna Amber because the deer thighs make her extra womanly.

I have to say though that last year when I got to a point of skinny that didn't look good on my body type (and my top half lost alot of oomph) I was really into small breasted dolls. They made me feel better, like "small breasts can be beautiful too..." but I still like the way clothes hang on bigger chests much better when I am dressing my dollies.

So in short large breasts :thumbup are what's it for me.

3. I like the medium breasts on most dolls. The small ones make me worry the clothes will hang looser, but the big ones just look silly to me. I like more youthful looking dolls anyway, so they wouldn't have developed much anyway. Its true that a lot of the clothes look pretty on the bigger breasted molds, but I just don't like the stereotype about girls that bigger is better (I've had my share of dumb guys, thus forming my opinion on the matter xD)

4. I don't have any girls yet, but I do know that when I get the chance to order my MNF Miyu, she'll have a large bust. XD I like 'average' sized breasts on girlydolls generally.

5. I'm in the medium to large bust range for my BJDs. I don't want them to be scary huge or anything, but a nice endowment is nice considering at least one of us can have them ;)

6. I guess it's personal preference really. I would get one that was around the middle mainly because it's more obvious to OTHERS that it's a girl, plus I like a little meat there XD I'm pretty new to the dolls I find myself always thinking "Okay boy or girl boy or girl...? If I have to think it's probably a boy."

7. i tend to lean towards bigger busts but it would depend on the kind of doll and what charecter i have in mind...

8. It depends on character. I like averagely well endowed girls since most of my girls are teenage... ^^

9. I let in depend on age and character, too. ^^

10. For mature dolls I do tend to go for the larger bust options. It just seems to appeal to me more.

11. I agree with what Cymorill says, "the boobs should look right with the rest of the body". Since I (so far) prefer MSD sized dolls and the characters I have in mind are beyond their teens, I find myself thinking they often are too girly when it comes to hips and thighs.. whereas they might on the other hand have what many refer to as the half or whole melons for breasts! This also gives me, like whooganana, "barbie proportion" vibes. At least when it comes to such odd spherical bosoms. It's almost as if they added round clots and couldn't make up their mind as they thought "Hmm, they're supposed to be pre-teens/teens or other? Ah well, we'll just leave it as it is!" :huh?:

So, finding MSD ladies that look mature bodywise, preferably pear-shaped, with small ish bosoms can be a challenge. Minifee and Dream of Doll have some pretty nice pear-shaped females though, which to me signify a certain grown-upness and adds a certain realism too to the adult characters I want to create. (But it's also a matter of finding a mature head...)

12. Right now, I really fell in love with SoulKid Ahee but she looks more like a child to me and so I don't think that the default SoulKid body suits her, it's just too mature.

So I have to agree, it really depends on the character of the doll. I'm not a fan of childish dolls with massive boobies. :|

Another thing that matters is if the boobs look natural...If they have a nice shape, I really don't mind a larger bust. But the really round, fake-looking breasts? Not a fan.

13. I like natural looking and of cos depending on face too, if it looks too young i prefer smaller boobies^^

14. I'd have to say "in between" or "flat", depending on the doll.
      Big-breasted or huge-breasted girls can look lovely, but I guess they just are not for me.:sweat

15. I totally agree with this statement. The body shape including breasts, of course, should suit the maturity level of the faceup/sculpt.

16. I'm pretty sure we all have differing opinions on what's considered 'big' and what's 'small'... And I think even modestly endowed BJDs actually have breasts that are bigger than A or B, it's just not obvious.
      SD BJDs usually have an 'age' asigned to them. The DnD dolls, for example, are meant to look like very early teens, so they are quite 'small'.
      The Dollmore body looks older and is 'better endowed', and they're meant to be 16 or 17. I think they look more like 15 though, but that may be because I have mine next to AS Claudia, who is definitely meant to be 'older', though her age isn't stated. She looks about 18, face-shape and eyes-wise and she is rather generously endowed. Perhaps an E or a D? But hers don't look like melons; they are molded in a fairly natural manner, a little squished, if you get what I mean.
      When the breasts are big and yet stick out like melons/balls, then I feel it looks a kinda strange...just my personal opinion though.

17. Big or inbetween.. NOT small.
      None of my dolls are children, even the tinies aren';t children in my mind... so everyone needs to have BOOBIES! xDD

18. I would have to go for medium as well, as too big makes that seem like the focus of the doll, when I don't want it to be.

19. i like all kind of breasts, from boyshly flat to incredibly huge, as long as the body and face has something to do with it (IE no childlike angelic manga faces on a body with huge breasts and such)

20. It depends on the character they are meant to portray. For instance, Cait is built small and doesn't have a large bust either, so buying a big busted doll for her character would be very...off. However, I don't object to large busted dolls in other circumstances. Being medium to small does make finding tops easier, however.