1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Big dolls VS Small dolls?

Dec 1, 2016

1. I love all doll sizes :) If funds and space are available I would like to have big, medium, and small dolls, but at the moment to be realistic I find MSD sized dolls to be the most practical for my current situation.

2. I tend to go with msd dolls, but I think that's because I am scared of sd's. Maybe I should give them a try?

3. I love the size of mature tinies. They're easy to carry around, and pretty easy to sew for. Before BJDs, I collected off topic fashion dolls in about MSD scale and found them a little big. Not to say I won't get and MSD sometime in the future, but I'm currently happy with my mature tinies.

4. I've seen dolls of all sizes by now and I still gravitate towards the big ones, 70 cm and up (though I admit I've never seen anything in the 75+ range in real life. At our meets I tend to have the biggest doll, haha). There's just something about their sheer presence that's so striking for me. It makes them feel more "special" and less like the toys I played with as a kid, if that makes any sense.

5. I think I'd probably lrefer dolls on the larger size, MSD and up. I still want some tinies, but MSDs and SDs are more fun for me to take pictures of and whatnot. :3nodding: I can't wait to have my first SD boy; right now I only have MSDs.

6. My favorite size is SD... 50-60cm. I had a 65cm but I really wasn't into that. I mostly collect MSDs because they're usually more affordable and take up less space, and I love them all, but there is something special about my big dolls :3nodding: I love how heavy they are.

7. Currently I'm in love with SD size dolls. I have a few MSDs & YoSDs and love them too-- but there's just something about the size and weight of an SD in my arms that feels nice. I'm on the fence about tinies, they are adorable but I've tried owning one before and couldn't really bond. I might try again if I find one that calls out to me.

8. I'm limiting myself to MSD and smaller. I live in a small space, and SDs just seem so...big. For someone coming from collecting 1:12 scale figures larger dolls are visually overwhelming for me, though they are very pretty.

9. I have one SD size doll, and while I do adore her, the scale is just a little too much! I think if I had more than just one or two, they could easily become overwhelming. Tinies, on the other hand, feel a little too small, and while they're very cute, most of the ones I've seen tend to be a little more childlike than I'm really interested in.

So, for right now I'm mostly collecting MSDs, with maybe one more SD if it really catches my eye!

10. I like big dolls. I've had every size from 11cm up to 72cm and i have to say the biggest ones are my faves. I like the realism, which you don't see a lot of in the smaller sizes, although there are more realistic 1/4 dolls than there used to be. I like the realistic clothing options and I like photographing realistic faces. I also like the weight of them, to be honest. They aren't nearly as portable as a 1/6 doll, but that's fine for me.

11. I have all sizes of bjds from super tiny to SD. I prefer the 1/6 (yosd) size as they are easier for me to make outfits and wigs. All of my SDs are vinyl as they are lighter, and no scary elastics to deal with. I used to be totally against SD, but vinyl has given me the opportunity to go this size.

12. I like dolls across the size spectrum, but having moved several times over the past five years, I'm getting tired of the extra work that's involved with the larger ones. I love how dramatic the 70cm+ dolls look, but they're so inconvenient to move around!

13. My favorite size is YOSD and smaller, although I do have an MSD and an SD. I find SD too big, though, because of space issues as well as cost. If I had more space and more money I'd probably collect all sizes. But, since I don't I'll stick with the smaller sizes.

14. MSD for me, SD seems too big. I'm also considering tinies, but probably when I save up enough first.

15. My first doll isn't here yet, but he's a 70cm dude. I'm terrified, honestly. I've collected off topic fashion dolls for more than a decade. The jump in size is going to be ridiculous.

Alas, all the sculpts I like are huge. Curse my affection for beefcake. :doh

16. I started with a 70cm doll, who is perfect for my height, and I'm currently waiting on a 27cm boy to come through in the mail (he's still pending, at the moment).

I would say that, although I can often be caught browsing the 60-70cm lines, I prefer the yoSD dolls for their compact size. They're pocket-sized, without being teeny-tiny! And their clothes are just too adorable!! :whee:

17. Small because they're easier to store while adding a fun flare to keeping them neat and doing face-ups ^^ I don't own any dolls but I helped a convention friend get the basics for face-ups done and I found the childlike size and sculpt to be adorable and fun to tinker with designs for uvu

18. Definitely on the bigger side for me. I come from collecting toys like figma and model kits and that sort of thing, so I felt it was kind of redundant getting a doll that was at that same scale. My first doll's likely going to be DearMine's Lover size at about 40cm.

Though I guess everything is relative. Since I'm used to 1/12, 1/6 feels big to me while that's barely middle sized compared to how big some dolls can get!

19. I like 'em big :XD: For the past year or so I've been in this hobby I've been trying to keep to smaller dolls because the sculpts I like are usually small scale. I can't bond with the smaller sizes unless they're sturdy, otherwise apparently 70 cm + is my true love. My collection is probably going to start reflecting that slowly as I switch dolls out.

20. I don't have my doll either OP lol. However, I've come to realize that I would prefer mid to large size doll. I think anything too small and I'll be afraid that I'll break it.