1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishonenhouse dolls!

Jun 8, 2016

1. Ouch! I had to quit caffeine cold turkey when it began giving me kidney stones years ago. But just remembering that pain was enough to get me through!
      If you go root beer, don't forget that "Barq's has bite!" ( the only root beer that has caffeine)

Glad you're feeling better! Hopefully you'll be back to good shortly!

2. I prefer Root Beer with a bit of Vanilla like that one with funny name and a crow as their logo.

3. @animemom I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. But, I have to give you a lot of credit about kicking the soda pop/ caffeine habit. I really need to do the same.

I can't wait to see your guys.

4. @aernath - I didn't really have an option, that said I'm totally not complaining because it means he'll be decent if ever I need to show off his body for other curious doll-people. Heh, leopard print it is! ;)

5. @animemom oh wow, a double whammy! Getting ill AND giving up caffeine. Well, you'll feel better when it's all over, so that's something to look forward too. Hugs!

6. Thanks all for the well wishes. Cough gets better each day. I was actually able to sleep 8 solid hours so it's coming along. As for the Pepsi, I miss it but I still have chocolate. LOL

7. Yes, I'd be a bear without chocolate!
      A&W is my favorite root beer, and it has "aged vanilla" in it. I suspect that's why I like it so much better than any others I've tasted.

8. I like A&W root beer as well. Sprecher Root Beer to me is the best. Hubby and I split one when we make popcorn.

9. I used to get Sasparilla back in the day. That was the best. I gave up all carbonated beverages decades ago. Can't handle the fizz, it upsets my stomach. I do miss root beer with ice cream (gave that up too). I won't give up chocolate! I NEED chocolate!

Doll related, I made Vince a trapper hat. He looks goofy, but is really pleased with it. I promise to share pictures as soon as I can get to my computer. Making hats is fun, even if most of them turn out too small. I measure and measure, and noooo! Too small again! Only took two attempts, so I'm getting better.

10. Look forward to seeing the hat @kurogane

11. Suppose I can announce it a little early...I'm getting a Spade kit! Since there was a mix up and I still had not received my Patreon reward, I reminded Donn and asked if I could get a different guy, as I was originally wanting Vince, but have one already. Donn said yes, so later this week, I will be getting a shipping notice. I'm really happy, everything worked out. I have no idea how Vince is going to take the news. Better just let him find out when Spade (Max) arrives. :shudder

12. Congrats @kurogane that's awesome news. I will be anxious to hear what you create his character as and how Max takes the new addition.

13. Dos be donua Vince. I am waiting for my two guys to arrive and create them pants as I am sure Logan and Elliot will be tough fits in pants. Logan I have some graffiti fabric for his pants, and will use worn khaki shorts to make Elliot his pants.

14. Got my tracking number for Spade! I realize I have nothing for him to wear. Oh dear... :sweat

15. Congrats! Excited to see him with the others to see size difference.

16. I love the hat @kurogane! It looks great! I'm going to have to make my Spade a cowboy hat. Or hope Donn puts one up in a scrap sale. :sweat

17. You can always let Donn know you're looking for a hat. He could maybe cast am extra one when he makes more Spades.

18. Thank you @Quiet and Insane. The picture is not the best. Now Vince looks like a Goth Trapper. Is that even a thing?

My Spade will arrive tomorrow, yay, I'm so happy. Working on the kit is so relaxing, until the stringing part. Last time was not pleasant. I got a S hook embedded in my finger. This time will go smoothly, I'm pretty sure.

19. I find forceps very helpful to pull a string or s-hook so I can attach parts. Amazon sells some great sets.