1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishonenhouse dolls!

Jun 8, 2016

1. @animemom thank you for the info. I guess I should get some. Maybe even a restringing tool. The times I've had to restring are very few, thankfully. However sometimes just removing the head is a real chore. The proper tools would make it so much easier.

2. Yes, the proper tools help even when you only need them once in awhile.

3. @animemom - That's actually a great idea. I shall ask. :)

@kurogane - Haha, well it is now! :lol: Congratulations on your Spade! I've never had anything like that from stringing dolls, but I've gotten many bruises, and one did draw blood...somehow.

4. I checked my tracking, and Spade is out for delivery! Yippie!

I got my finger pinched between the arm piece and the hand with the end of the S hook jammed into my finger, just under the fingernail (on the side of the finger). After a few seconds of panic, I pulled out the S hook and got my finger cleaned up (and the doll) and put a bandage on it. Throb, throb, it hurt for a while. I believe it was a freak accident. This time I will have help, and proper tools!

5. @animemom oh, that is a nice set! Six in different sizes. Perfect!

Spade is here! Wowza, he is BIG compared to Vince. How am I going to dress him?! I was reading his stats, and got a big laugh as he is the same age as me. Mine came with the white underwear piece, so no hurry on the clothes. :drool

#486 kurogane, Oct 16, 2017
      Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    6. I hope he makes it in time for the tapioca pudding. I love tapioca pudding. I had a ulcer as a kid and my grandfather used to make me tapioca pudding because I couldn't have chocolate pudding, for that matter no chocolate at all. Until years later when ulcer went away.

7. @animemom that would be really hard, not being able to eat chocolate as a kid! Especially if you like it, but can't because of an ulcer. Yep, Spade was able to get some tapioca pudding, there was just enough left.

I just finished cleaning up the Spade's parts. I really enjoy sanding, removing flashing, all that stuff. Now I need o string him, not so enjoyable.

Anyone else having a hard time with it getting dark earlier? By 7pm I'm ready for bed! How am I going to handle the return to standard time? :|

8. I don't enjoy the fact the days get shorter as weather changes to colder. I like being outside when it's colder as indoors my sinus give me headaches. I also hate that getting dark earlier means I have to get home earlier as I don't like driving at night.

Glad Spade is coming along.

9. So people are getting their Spades now? That gives me hope, though I still haven't heard regarding the one I pre-ordered...

I know he's having issues though.

10. Yes Donn unfortunately has issues with his lungs and has to be careful with pollen as well as resin dust. I have both Nails and Spade on order with him, but he's also doing all the work as I have no talent for kits. I have no word of shipping either of my guys, and have waited for Spade since December 2015. Nails not as long only a few months. But I am in touch with Donn via Facebook so I know he's doing his best.

New story here on DOA by me and the two Vinces.
      https://denofangels.com/threads/brothers.759261/#post-12313568

11. The only reason I got my Spade kit is my Patreon year came due June of this year, and there was a mix up and I still had not gotten a doll kit as of October. So Donn offered me a Spade kit as an apology. I feel for you who are waiting for yours! I do feel bad that I got one before those who have ordered. :eek:

12. No worries @kurogane I know I will get my guys. Even had to get a story done minus a key character, but it is fine.
      I am sure the guys will arrive and boy will we celebrate here.

So many story ideas and these two guys will be so well developed. I am beyond excited to add them.

13. @animemom thats good news to hear! I'll be looking forward to celebrating with you when they come home. Your photo stories are the best!

I'm going to get Spade put together today. Poor guy is in pieces, in a box, at the foot of my chair, while I work on commissions. Paid work always comes first!

14. As it should, it pays the bills or at least all the lovely dolls and extras. I look forward to seeing what you do with Spade, as I have Donn doing mine, so he won't be as unique, but he'll be done. With 3 LE face plates here still no MSC even I kind of doubt they will ever get done.

15. Yeah, I finally decided to come check out this thread to see how it's going since he's never on tumblr anymore and I haven't got any other contact really. Glad to know he's still doing OK though :) I ordered a kit, but I know it's still slow going on casting.

16. @EludyaQuinn We have better idea of Donn's activity on Facebook. I started a special page on Facebook just for fans of the Bishonen House boys and girl. All his creations are welcome. If you would like to join us just let me know via pm here your I'd on Facebook and I'll send you an invite.

17. It must just be me, but I fought the good fight -it only took me an hour to string Spade. I need a rest!

18. Congrats @kurogane . Will look forward to photos.

19. Definitely looking forward to pics! Let us live vicariously through you :love