1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishonenhouse dolls!

Jun 8, 2016

1. Yeah we got snow Christmas Eve here as well. Now bitter temps for the next week, so guess it's here for awhile. Might get Eddie in his winter coat outside for photos.
      We get snow every year by Christmas, trick is not getting any around Easter. Ah the Midwest only a state away from Canada.

2. @animemom - That sounds awesome! I really wish I had the room to make sets...one day...

@kurogane - I have to do much more than just get his arm on though. He was the heavily flawed kit that Donn put up for sale during one of his Patreon scrap sales, so he needs A LOT of work to get him together properly. Especially for his neck. The resin there is full of bubbles on both the torso piece and the headback so they need heavy reinforcement before I can even think of stringing him tightly. That's why I left his arm off in the first place.
      We've had a pretty average Xmas in terms of weather. Chilly and not at all summery. Which sucks because knowing my luck I'll be working once the weather warms up again. :(

3. Sorry about your weather @Quiet and Insane we really should say where we all live so we understand the distance Donn's creations have traveled from West Virginia.

I am in northwest part of Illinois. So my gang by him not to far. I was even lucky enough to have met Donn in 2009 at a small convention called Resin Con in Kentucky. He was doing the big guys then.

4. I live in Washington state, just across the Columbia river from Portland, Oregon. And our winters consist mostly of rain, sometimes we get snow and freezing rain. Our summer starts in July and lasts through September. So I have plenty of nice weather to do face ups, but don’t, ha ha!

5. If we get anything white, the odds are it's more ice than snow, and usually in January/February. North Texas had a clear day Christmas. Today it's cold and drizzly. Perfect day for reading and plotting Nails' welcome home outfit.

#625 Azha Nei, Dec 26, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    6. Kansas here. Middle of nowhere, and only half the movies here that the (East and West)coasters get to see. Thankfully there's Netflix and such. But it would be nice to see some thoughtful, intellectual movies at an actual theater once in a while. *grumble*
      We're just starting winter. A week or so ago, it was still in the 50s and 60s Fahrenheit. Now? This week is freezing and below. No precipitation yet. We often get a good ice storm or snow about February. No faceups until... May?ish?

7. Wow, we are all located quite a bit of a distance from each other! I’m thankful we can get together here and share our love for Donn’s dolls. :hug: I’m looking forward to a great 2018!

8. And I'm all the way across the other side of the world in Victoria, Australia! :lol: There's one other Bishonen House owner (that I know of) down here and thankfully he's a local! In fact, he was the one who introduced me to Donn's work waaaaaay back when I first got into the hobby. Back then the idea of a kit doll was a little overwhelming...I'm supposed to do all the work professional artists and sculptors do? :o Now I see them as a fun challenge, and face ups are perfect zen-time for me. :)

9. This is great, you are all sharing with us your location. Thanks and hopefully we will hear from more of the others.

10. It's pretty interesting to see how far Donn's creations travel. :)

11. I'm from Belgium but I don't know if anyone else in Europe owns these dolls.

12. I could always ask Donn. I know the guy, Deny that he is working on comic book with lives in Germany. But I don't think he has any of the boys or Mira.

Donn says he's sold dolls in England, France and Russia. He will have more once next lot gets shipped and he sold some of the big guys to overseas buyers as well. Although if one did a search on sold dolls here they would see at least three or four Bishonen House dolls were sold from Russia.

#632 animemom, Dec 29, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    13. I'm another Bishonen House owner in north Texas! @Azha Nei
      Nice to know another Bishonen buddy is kinda close. I think Donn said he was working in the shade orders, ah I can't wait to get mine! Though now that I think about it, I might end up with two spade cowboy hats... I bought one in a scrap sale and I think one will come with my kit...

14. I'm excited about getting my Spade. Two years of waiting. I really need to get on Logan's intro story, but tweaked my back so stairs are still painful.

15. Hello everyone! Happy New Year too! I hope you all get your Spades soon!

Speaking of Spade, I decided to re character my 47cm Obitsu from a guy back to a girl... Anyway, the point I’m trying to make is the Obitsu 50cm pants I had fit Spade very well. They are just a bit too long, but fit nicely. Now my Spade can sit down, and bend his knees. So if you ever run across any, they work.

16. That's awesome news. Will have to check out Etsy to see if anyone makes such a size.

17. @Quiet and Insane thank you for making a project journal on putting together your Spade. And finding a hat for only .50 cents, awesome!

18. Yay! Project thread! And yay! Hat bargain! Watching your thread now.... :sneaky

19. Hiya @P-Aei Are you part of the DFW BJD Dreams doll group on Facebook? A few members have various BH dolls. A few of the members run DollAKon, a mini doll convention as part of A-Kon