1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishonenhouse dolls!

Jun 8, 2016

1. @kurogane - I'll definitely be sharing photos of the wig once it resembles something less like the alpaca it was shorn off. :lol: It's been incredibly fiddly to make, I'm more used to making SD sized wigs, but it's certainly been an interesting project.

2. Well it's a double post so hopefully because it's been a couple of days it'll be ok, ta-da!

[​IMG]WP_20180530_14_37_54_Pro by Liz, on Flickr

3. He looks happy! :XD:

4. Love him, you did great!

5. Thanks guys! :) He's feeling rather smug about all this attention now. I can't wait for his proper eyes and clothes to arrive. So glad I was able to clear out a bunch of unused stuff otherwise he'd be in that kimono for a very long time.

6. @Quiet and Insane yeah, *giggles. I’ve done the same with my guys. I hate to admit, one of them is still in a Kimono, waiting...

7. Kimonos are such great emergency doll clothes. So are togas. :lol: Though it's a bit too cold for togas at the moment, so I'm sure Spade appreciates the sleeves.

8. I love the Kimono. Spade is lucky. My guys just stay naked til I get or make them clothes...we have no shame in this house. LOL

9. Mine do too on occasion, but now that it's winter I hate the idea of seeing people/dolls wearing little to nothing. Makes me feel cold too! At least I don't have to worry about buying him underwear! :lol:

10. My dolls are in basement so cooler in summer, but not very warm in winter, so I always feel my gang should be dressed according to temps in room. So everyone had to wear double layers come winter, and of course if a naked doll arrives and no clothes I have lots of baby blankets to put on them if not summer. Plus mainly guys here so got to keep them decent.

11. Oh no, I’m a bad dolly momma! My dolls wear the same outfit all year. It’s a blizzard outside? Nice shorts and T shirt on half the crew. Wearing a leather jacket when it’s 100f, oh well. At least they have clothes....and shoes...:sweat

12. I've got a few knitted blankets for my guys too! Though I couldn't care less if their junk was on show. Means it deters other people from coming into my room (because I get no privacy whatsoever in this house). :vein

13. It's just hubby and I so it would be okay, I just feel better if they are protected. When son had to sleep in the old doll room, he would insist they have their heads covered, as it creeped him out to sleep in room.

14. Ah, now that makes total sense!

15. @Quiet and Insane That wig is awesome! You did a great job.

I used to dress my dolls according to the seasons but I gave up after a while. Belgian weather can be so unpredictable. We'll have warm, sunny weather one day and then rain showers the next day.

16. Thank you @Eiko82! Sounds like Melbourne weather, only we get four seasons in one day. Generally I dress my dolls for the type of weather they'd be dressing for (some characters like hot weather, some prefer cold, etc). Spade's definitely an all terrain character. He's a geologist, so he'll be out rain, hail, or shine; sunhat, jeans and muddy boots are a staple whatever the weather!

17. I love Spade the more pictures of him I see. I'd love to have a full crew of these guys (and girl) one day.

I recently received a Steve secondhand, and while at some point I want to sand him and mess around with the stringing at some point, it was great being able to play with him right away since he was already assembled.
      [​IMG]
      The vinyl wig is great, but I had the wherewithal this weekend to try making a hardcap wig to give some options. It came out way too bulky, but he's fun to craft for so I don't mind trying again.

18. Congrats, and look forward to seeing how you finish this guy. Getting the whole crew is an awesome goal. If you join Donn's Patreon you can more easily afford it happening if you don't mind only getting one finished or two kits over one year. Depends on what package you go for.

19. Ooh, despite the bulk, I really like the texture of the wig you've made! :D