1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bishonenhouse dolls!

Jun 8, 2016

1. Oh I love that wig!

2. May have just picked up some more faceplates for my Vince since they were in stock on the website for the first time in forever. (Despite swearing to myself that the current body on Layaway was the last bjd related purchase for the year. :doh Ahem.) Still, looking forward to the extra expressions he'll be able to pull!

How many faceplates were made for Vince anyway? Counting the ones that should be coming, my guy now has five. Were there more? I know it was less than Steve's multitude!

3. Donn keeps saying once he's caught up with orders he wants to work on more expressions for the later gang. Like you said @Vetinari Steve has loads, although I would love all to have a sleeping face plate like Mira and the guys to have more happy expressions. Vince has five as far as I know. As does Mira, but Nails has six I think.

4. Ooh yes, I'd love a sleeping face plate for Spade! I already have three dolls with extra sleeping faces and I want more!! :D

5. @sugarbeta That wig looks great! Is it Bernat blanket yarn? I love that stuff...

6. @animemom thanks for the info! I'll have to check that out.

@Quiet and Insane Thank you! It's made from some of that velour-textured yarn for blankets and such. It's very soft, lol.

aerneth, yes, it is! I'm kind of loving it for the texture , but I got the "dreads" way too close together. XD

7. Ooh thanks for the info, and confirmation on the number of Vince faceplates! That's cool news about the possibility that there might be more on their way at some point down the road (I'd love my Vince to have a 'drunk' plate like Steve's one).

8. @animemom and you are right, He has five faceplates =D

Steve has 18. 14 ones in the shor, then there are 4 faceplates that were patreon exclusive. (Two no shave November and two Burtonesque October ones.) How do you guys store your faceplates?
      I like to keep mine in these fishing tackle/beading boxes. I made stickers for them too. =D I'd really love to collect all of their faceplates, I know I'm missing a sleeping Mira from her initial preorder though.
      [​IMG]

I would LOVE for all of Donn's dolls to have sleeping faceplates!

9. Oh that's such a neat idea @P-Aei! :) I only have the two faceplates for Spade (so far) but this'll b pretty useful to remember should I end up with more.

10. Loving the extra face plates @P-Aei, you have done an amazing job of face upping them all! And the stickers are so funny!

My Vince is currently undergoing a makeover. I thought he needed some love, so I’ve been working on his updated look. I’m being indulgent and let him try on Spade’s wig, and love it! Next I’m going to make a fancy Kimono so Vince can cosplay the calculating, but sophisticated villains in one of my favorite mangas. :sneaky

11. @P-Aei your inbox is full I need to ask you something.

12. Ooh loving your solution with the faceplates! In my case the issue hadn't yet come up, my Vince was one of the kit dolls so the face-plate he wasn't currently using generally gets kept in the teeny tiny tupperware-esque box it came inside.

13. @P-Aei I did something like that as well, but since down to just Steve/Eddie gave my daughter my extra cases.

14. Sorry about that, cleared out now!

I love the little Tupperware boxes the face plates come in! I've used them for all kinds of stuff. My mom loves to use them for beads.

@kurogane what villian? 8)

15. @P-Aei Yeah they are great when I take Eddie on vacations that require different emotions. It was hard when we went to Disney World to limit him to one face a day, but I had to be careful as didn't want to lose one or more. Bad enough we lost a lightsaber.

16. [​IMG]

Is this normal? I bought my Nails two years ago and never paid much attention to the faceplate. Anyways, with the sad, pouty face, I noticed that there is a big gap between the faceplate and the headpiece. All the faceplates have this to some degree.
      But this faceplate doesn't fit at all. If I put on the hairpiece, there is a small gap. If I take it off, there is a huge gap. I can push the chin back but it just flips back in this position.

17. @Eiko82 What you have is just a change in shape. If the doll has been in a hot situation and face plate had pressure on sides it will change fit. You need to get a hair blower set on a low heat and soften the resin so it can fit on head back properly. You will need to wear hand protection or use some kind of wooden tongs to hold plate while you heat it up. Once face plate fits properly again dip in cold water to set it's shape. Do a bit at a time as you don't want to make resin to soft you just want it to spread a bit.

18. I had the same issue with one of my Spade faceplates. I fixed it by altering the shape of the face plate and head back with sculpey. Because my guy has a fibre wig rather than the resin one I'm not too fussed about what the resin looks like underneath even if I did paint over it. Probably not what you were going for in the way of advice, but just letting you know this is an option.

#818 Quiet and Insane, Nov 28, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    19. @Eiko82 same thing happened to my Steve when I left him in a warm car, you can heat it up and bend it back like said above. =D

20. Ah okay, it's good to know that it can be fixed. Thanks for the advice, everyone!