1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD appearances on YouTube?

Jun 25, 2006

1. XD Just search for LoveHolic Magic. It'll come up!

2. Just to spread the word about the awesome korean band; Nell. They use Customhouse dolls in their video for "Cat".

If you love emotinal, deep felt music take a listen!! I absolutely adore Nell and just realized the dolls were there XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQrqt3a33GE

3. Just came across this pv of Koda Kumi's "Ningyo Hime" (Mermaid Princess), and wow there are bjds in it!
      Can anybody tell which company the head molds are from? Or are they original artist dolls?

Are there any more mv's out there that features our lovely dollies? Post the link here if you've came across some! :)

Here is the link to "Ningyo Hime": http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1028362Sg3H5prh?searchId=209075326444100393&rank=11

4. HEY! That's one of the Volks doll Doctors!!!!!

;3

I think it's an artist's doll. Doesn't look familiar. It might be a handmade one for the video. :3

5. A couple months ago, a band was shooting a music video in the park where the Toronto group were having a meet and they wanted to put our dolls in their video (and some of our members, too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upZ33318g2c

6. BJD are the central piece in Suh Young Eun's music video:

A sweet love story between Volks Link and Meg (?) :
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xv5kmWu6-A

It's very cute...It's strange that they didn't use Korean BJD instead... XD;

7. Just a quick note that the new music video from Kerli has just been released. It features a Doll in Mind 60cm Flora, purchased from The Junky Spot with a custom faceup by Lisa Jameson (Pepstar)!

Here's the link:
      http://www.refused.tv/aggressive/kerli/

8. A couple of quick notes:

When the company approached us, the explained the video concept as a light vs dark theme, hence the white and black outfit. Could also be why the singing style changes back and forth from the "creepy" to the more pop style. They also wanted to portray some feelings of neglect, as in the doll is given to Kerli as a gift, but she turns it into an allegory of herself, unplayed with, and put away. They did also mention that they were going to use a little bit of marionette-style puppetry. I had them check out a variety of sculpts that we carry, and they definitely wanted the DIM 60cm Flora.

I did clear things with Doll in Mind right before the project started, in case there were any legal issues. Their time schedule was insane, they basically only had 1 to 1.5 weeks to get everything for the doll. They sent me some concept images of the doll and fashions, and I contacted Pepstar as she was the only one, in my point of view, to be able to pull off what they wanted exactly in the time frame that they needed. I overnighted the Flora head to her for a faceup, sent the body to them, and meanwhile Pepstar and I gave them a list of where they could get everything else they would need...since they had very specific ideas in mind, they unfortunately had to purchase things from different places all in quick order. Pepstar's faceup turn out perfect...i wish they had more closeups of the doll face!

Overall, I do rather like the song and video, but I admit, I'm probably biased, lol!

9. I like the video and the song. But the doll is the best, she is so pretty!

10. : x I really enjoyed this. ^-^ The doll was awesome, she was cool too. I didn't really like those shoes she was wearing when she was lying on the rock bed, but hey, person taste. : D;;

I did like her voice, it takes some getting used to, but I liked it. Even if the tongue piercing messed it up. XD At first I hated the lyrics, but after a couple listens it's a new favorite. : D

11. Her diction might be due to the fact that she's Estonian.

English might not be her first language.

12. I think her talking was because of her tongue being pierced I know when people first begin to speak with a stud on tongue they have a slight lisp, but it goes away after they get it to stop being in the way.

Ovcerall the video was quite errie cool in fact the rock bed, the snow coming out of the umbrella and those painful looking shoes she was wearing, you can esp. see them when she is lying on bed. But overall it was so unique with so many effects the doll and her changing places was my Fav and I love the clothes on her and on the doll!! Wonder if she kept the doll after the video was made seeing as it kind of looked like her.

13. I really enjoyed the imagery and vibe in the video. The song wasn't the type of music that I'd normally go seek out, but it was pleasant and worked with the video. Hey, I feel like I'm walking on air whenever the postman delivers a doll to me, lol :) However, my postman isn't nearly as interesting as hers ;)

14. Yeah, definitely not my first choice as far as music goes. Then again, I'm also the girl who listens to both latin jazz and heavy thrasher tunes almost simultaneously. :XD:

I also agree that although the doll's faceup is gorgeous, I think it's a bit overpowering in this context. A whiter, 'ghostly' looking feeling would be better for this video, I think.

And I love Kerli's dresses. Like woah.

15. Nice. I really liked how it sort of felt like tim burtonish. Now I have to go show people except now they'll think BJD's are even creepier. T.T