1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD appearances on YouTube?

Jun 25, 2006

1. This was really cool to see. The similarity between the doll and the makeup was really nice. The song itself was a little odd, but still very interesting.

2. I really loved the style of the music video, it was really cool ^^ I'd never heard of the singer before [Is she American?], but the vid was a nice introduction. As if I wasnt wanting an EGL bjd enough to begin with..

3. Wow. It's cool to see videos with dolls in them, in just about any setting or situation. But that...really didn't appeal to me. At all.

4. I know people might get annoyed with me saying this and I hate hearing it but is it just me or me did they seriously made Flora look like she was jennifer tilly's doll in seed's of chucky? it was when they super imposed her face on the doll? Did anyone else think that? I'm not impressed! haha sorry but that's what I popped into my head as soon as I saw that part!! haha forgive me I've only seen the movie once but yeah!

And I am abit confused because I thought most bjd collectors dislike their dolls being called creepy? and one of the lyrics in the first part of the song that I heard was something about a creepy doll/dolls? what is with that?..
      I didn't think the video was that great! and the song... I don't even want to talk about! haha!

and please don't shoot me I know someone might I just thought I would state my opinion:sweat

5. I kind of hope she kept the doll too, since all that work went into procuring it and making it look a certain way on a tight schedule. I watched the video a while ago, and thought it was cute. Now the song is stuck in my head again. :lol:

6. watch closely in the first chorus; her mouth is pretty wide open and you can see a flash of something sparkly in there. but I A) agree with you that her diction is a product of her native language and B) don't see why people are so concerned about "imperfect" diction brought on by piercings--people talk weird for so many other reasons that are acceptable, so what's with the hate for body mod?

I think many collectors are okay with people calling their dolls creepy if it's in an affectionate sense. I'm sure there are still people who are bothered by it, but many people have said "of course, if it's one of my friends saying the doll is creepy, that's okay, because we think creepy is cool." I suspect that many people are willing to accept the mention of the girl's "little creepy doll" because this video definitely paints creepy as being cool.

7. Well I just watched it... I don't like how she's associating BJDs with the 'creepy' stereotype... I cop enough of that just for being into them >.< I don't want everyone to think they're creepy...
      BUT as an animation student I admire all the spiffy effects like the spinning room and the forest room. ^^
      It's a catchy tune, but it's not my kinda music :sweat

8. I don't get this attitude at all, either here or elsewhere around the forum. Dolls are like clowns in that they have been a common motif in scary stories/films/whatever for a very long time. Arguably for as long as people have had stories and dolls (forever). To a person who finds dolls scary I can imagine that BJDs would be creepier than most because they are very lifelike and also posable. You only need to look around here to see that even doll owners sometimes regard their dolls as having supernatural qualities.

And this is entirely besides the fact that a huge number of BJDs are designed to be spooky looking!

Sorry, this is a wee bit OT but it's been annoying me lately.

9. It's because of their innocence and the fact that they're "empty shells". Writers and directors have been manipulating this idea for awhile. The idea of turning something so beautiful into something evil has been around for awhile.

Plus, I'm sure in some religions dolls were meant to house supernatural spirits. But anywho.

Like I said before, I liked this music video. I thought it was really neatly done, except for the terrible part where her face was actually put on the doll's. Her face was straight while the doll was crooked and her eyes were far too down the sculpt to make it look natural.

10. Shintoism is one of them, but I'm sure there are others.

I saw that video on Perez hilton's site not too long ago. Didn't see many comments about the doll itself, but they were awful about bashing Kerli and the song x.x

11. Gotta agree with the lolita thing. I'd wanna *kill* myself if suddenly people start calling that lolita. But so long as it's not confused with lolita *shrug*

I kinda liked it. It was kinda creepy in a weird way, but I like weird lol. Well, except the digital face transfer, that was... not cool. But the doll itself was beautiful and so was Kerli (who I'd never heard of before now :sweat) Plus, all the other random digital animation was love! I loved the flowers at the very beginning, and the concept of things not being as we expect, refering to the refridgerator and stove, the rocky bed, and that kinda bjd human part.

I didn't like her voice a whole whole lot, but the tongue ring didn't seem to be the reason, it just seemed her voice in general. And, I've heard a few good singers with tongue rings, though my little sister would now go on a rant about how no one can sing with a tongue ring properly if she heard me say that!

I wonder if she'll do any more stuff with BJD, or if anyone else will jump on the bandwagon and follow in suit.

12. The part where her face was the dolls? Yeah, creepiest thing I have EVER seen o___O The rest was just okay... I also didn't like how she's portraying BJD as creepy D:

GRANTED, most people who watch this video will think it's just a doll she got made for the video. Very few people outside of this community even know what BJD are. Well, as far as I've encountered, anyway.

13. Well I was glad to see the use of a BJD in a video. But I muted the song after a few seconds and thought the video seemed like someone got a new special FX computer program and wanted to use everything in a video. The super imposed face was sooo disturbing! I just thought it looked really Hot Topic trendy. Maybe Hot Topic will start carrying BJDs lol!

14. I love the song, now I want an mp3 version of it!!

I think it's awesome that she incorporated a BJD into her video, however I do agree that some aspects were a bit creepy and too odd for my tastes. Especially when the BJD had her face on it was a bit, uh, no, please don't alter the BJD in any way or form please. And the rocking chair, creepy.

15. NO! Don't broadcast the dolls! they're our little secret. :P sorry im not sure about you but i woulden't really like it if all of a sudden everyone had one, i like it when no one knows what i'm talking about. makes me feel special.

it was a pretty cool video though except for the singing doll face.

16. The song had it's moments, but the video is a perfect example of how one can make a mediocre song much much more memorable. If someone had just played that song without the visuals I would've turned it off before the chorus even hit, but I kept watching the video to see what would happen next.

The use of the doll was definitely well thought out, but I agree that the superimposed singer's face on it was entirely too cheesy.

However, after looking at the production company's website, I was amazed to find that the entire video was done on a green screen! That makes this whole damn thing even more cool in my book because you wouldn't be able to tell otherwise.

17. I actually didn't mind the song, so yeah her voice isn't perfect but its so nice to hear something different. Her and the doll were really cute too.

18. That is definitely the best music video featuring BJDs I've seen thus far. :) Cute song, cute concept, cute Link! :)

A little jerky to watch though. I know that the idea is to watch it as a series of photos, but I either needed it to be a little slower, slideshow style, or a little smoother, animation style. XD My poor Monday brain!

19. That was the cutest dolly video I've seen yet! So very engaging, and wonderfully put together. Thanks for the link!