1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD apps?

Sep 8, 2009

1. I have an iphone and Im always looking for some sort of bjd app, was thinking of making one myself! lol Id like an inventory type app, maybe i can store a pic of my doll and but stats like face up artist and cost, wig, eye shoe size etc. cost of doll, place to put link to doll website?

2. if that app existed i would totally download.

i wouldnt mind having an app for my iphone thats BJD related. especially if it explained what the dolls were all about. then whenever i get the "whats with the doll?" question, i could just whip out my phone...

3. I would love seeing a BJD app! I'd download it right away if ever it came into existence. I think a database of head molds or resin matches would be really helpful. I'd try to make such an app myself, but I'm not that good with technology. :)

4. Well, I don't think an iPhone app would be the best. Not everyone has one -- and, besides, save for browsing forums, BJDs don't really have much "technology" involvement. Like someone already said, nothing online that is related to BJDs can't wait until you're home at your computer.

That said, though, I would love to see a Facebook app for BJDs with the following features...

* "Collection" -- where you can list all the dolls you own. In the profile box, it should only be a list -- but, once you're in the app itself, each one can have an icon-sized pic.
      * "Wishlist"
      * "Saving for" -- the doll you're saving up for, and how far along you are to getting him/her.
      * "Shopping list" -- for all the wigs and items you're planning to buy for your babies.

Stuff like that. I think it'd be quite a cool app.

5. I dont know if this is in the right place, feel free to move if so.

I was browsing on Iphone App store and came across a Blythe Database where you could add your own collection and have a wishlist.

I was thinking wouldn't it be wonderful if someone could make a bjd one? A wishlist, you can add the dolls you own to the app, and browse various companies? Like a database on yer Iphone.

I would love to be able to do it if I could xD.

6. Interesting. That's weird. Personally I hate Blythe dolls, but...;) I get your point.

But they are WAY too many BJD companies and dolls to put in one App. Plus, I don't have an iPhone. Useless to me! :D!

7. I only just got mine so everything is all ooOooOo. I dislike Blythes too but its a pretty cool app. Maybe a Volks one or something, maybe the main companies? I dunno xD

8. Ooh that would be so neat, though would have to be compatible for Android too! Hehe. Would need to use it on my HTC Hero.

9. Hey, any sort of phone like that it would work on! :)

10. Yes I vote for that

I would get it

11. If I had an Iphone (or any smartphone) I'd get it...

12. I probably wouldn't bother because I can already do that on my computer and my hand-held device. I simply put my wishlist in an e-mail and I mail it to myself, then I update it and resend the e-mail whenever I get a doll from there or decide to change it otherwise.

I started trying to do a database with an Excel spreadsheet once, but it was boring, so I stopped.

13. I would get it if it was compatible with BlackBerry. I love the TwitterBerry app and things like that and a Volks app would be nice, but you can access that sort of info on the 'Where Angels Lie' site and the 'Creating Dreams' site tells you all you need to know about ordering FCS. It would be nice to keep up with new releases but there are so many companies it would be tough deciding which ones to keep up with!

I think I'd get it anyway if it was available and it would be nice to add your own collections and wishlist to it.

14. you do NOT have to have an iphone to use apps my daughters have itouch that they use all the time its so much easier to just push an icon to find info I have stored then having to fire up the computer, I have apps for so many things to make my life faster and more sorted that have nothing to do with it just being my phone. I keep my checkbook balance, ebooks, music, I shop on ebay and etsy all with my touch:)
      My BIL just took a class on making Apps and he said he would create one and then i can try it out, I cant wait!

15. A rein match app so when your at shows you could see if the resin matched a doll back home. Would have to be true color. OR at leats a list of what doll skins are found to match others.

16. There's a puzzle app with pictures or BJD in it..It's cute...I like it!

17. I would love to see ABJD apps. I have my ipod touch with wifi,
      it's great to have an option besides staring at my computer screen
      and everything that comes as a result.

Here are my ideas (as mentioned by other already)
      DOA app!! It's nearly impossible to navigate this on
      such a small screen, so something sized for an ipod/iphone
      would be lovely.
      A resin match database.
      A body match database.
      An all companies database.

I would love an app that I could store all my doll related info in!!
      Wigs (sizes, colors, maker) Clothes (size, company, date of release)
      a place that you can store all the info and never have to go "what is this?"
      or "when did I buy this?"
      How about an app for customizing? Showing video tutorials or for showing
      the "best of" advice on facup/modding/how to's.
      Creative side of the hobby:
      I know a lot of people do this with photoshop, but:
      An app to do mock faceups on pictures of your dolls? To use such
      programs as photoshop with any level of success you need to be
      more than a little artistically inclined, but if an app already had
      options built in like hairstyles (that looked real...and not just like
      brushstrokes) it would not only be really useful but fun too.
      I would love a sort of "dolly journal" that I could have my favorite
      pics in (in a creative way) with different framing options & backgrounds...
      OH!!!! I can actually see a VIRTUAL DOLL HOUSE APP....where we can
      create a "house" for our dolls (or other environments!) to live in
      and they can have virtual closets where we can also have pictures
      of their real clothes or create virtual outfits for them...
      OMG I'm getting excited over something that doesn't exist:(
      But I would love to work on something like that...anyone in?;)
      (it was my idea first XD)

Oh well, I LOVE my ipod and am hooked on apps, they're completely
      different from using a computer (for those still "not sold" on the idea!)
      and I think BJD Apps could add a whole new dimension to the hobby
      and even bring those who are still unaware of it, in.

Fun topic!! I hope something can actually come from it.

18. Ooooo! what if there was an app almost like Cooking Mama but for BJDs!! Like, you could make a BJD by hand. You make the parts, string them together, do faceups, make wigs, make clothes, and put it all together! (If you played Cooking Mama you get the reference, right?)

19. I like the idea of an eye/wig/clothing size database.

20. A BJD database browseable thru iPhone..

A big database with references and pics..