1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD apps?

Sep 8, 2009

1. I'd get it. Just for the sake of it, so I had a BJD - related app probably ;_; It'd be cute to have one where you could practice possible face ups on pictures of your dolls, imho (I know, technically, that's already been done with all the make up sites out there for humans, but still. Maybe as a nice little feature?)

It'd be for my iPod touch though, I'm still waiting for the next iPhone generation which can make you some toast in the morning and drive you to work afterwards ;)

2. I have my ipod touch on me all the time and it would be quite a cute idea. I'd also get it for the sake of it. I'd imagine though unless the app was totally free it may cause some problems as some BJD companies may not like the idea of having their products mentioned and for someone to be making profit out of it without them getting anything. Perhaps. I don't really know about it in much detail but some companies tend to be quite sensitive about these sorts of matters. Aw, and I feel sorry for blythes now, haha.

3. I would love that!!! I have too may apps as it is but, i would so get that!

Speaking of iPhone, I wanna buy the Pullips iPhone or what ever the knock off thing is called even if it will be scaled too small.

4. I am not too sure I would use it. When I got my HTC, I thought I would be on it all the time. It is certainly the most convenient phone I have ever had, and I do use it a lot, but just not for fun-type internet browsing. Very occasionally, I'll go on DoA with it, but I would rather look at DoA or pictures of dolls with a bigger screen. I'll stick with beating my top score at All Mobile Mines for now...

5. Multii - Apple doesn't make most apps, independent developers do.

Larien - If the app is free, then there isn't really a copyright issue. I would imagine an app like this would indeed be free.

The whole point of an app like this would be to have something available without using the browser, and use it on an interface suited to a mobile device. This is actually more important on the iTouch, because that only has wifi and you can't buy it a data plan, so in effect you can't use its internet outside of your house or a hotspot like a library. It's also convenient on all app-compatible phones without data service. By this logic, whether or not the same information is available on a website suited for computer displays is irrelevant.

That said, it would be impossible to create a database of every BJD out there, but it is possible to cover the larger companies-- Luts, Volks and Volks FCS, etc-- and even smaller ones if such an app because a group effort. One person could update for one company, and another for some other company, and so on, somewhat like Wikipedia. I could see there being a full database feature with a search, sortable by company, size, gender (or lack thereof)... I could also see a news feed feature, which displays new releases. A wishlist feature would be somewhat useless, but plausible. A compare side-by-side feature would be cool, as well as a zoom detail feature for images since the interface would have to be suited for small screens.

The only reason we don't have something like this, and probably never will, is because in general... I've noticed BJD and programming/tech skill just don't mix that often...

6. I have searced for iphone apps for one before I see this post! I so want an app to have the listing of my dolls and what I have and want! it would be great to even have a app that has list and photos of all the type of dolls and photos. This would be great to hear about a doll and be able to look and see the stats of the dolls and photo of face. wonderful great idea I hope someone does this!

7. I think a database of companies and models would be awesome! Maybe a calander of different comapnie's events and releases as well?

8. ^This and maybe like something where you take a pic of your doll and you go on something like Dollheart, click an outfit and "try it on" your doll. Same thing for wigs, shoes, wings, horns, etc. That way you can make a final decision on a purchase that you like :3

9. I would definitely want a BJD Company list and Model app.
      It would be SO helpful, and a really good way to pass time when waiting for something.

10. It would need (in my opinion)

1. a database of all dolls sorted by company, category or alphabet. Containing clear pictures, descriptions and prices.
      2. size chart. Includes wigs, scale, clothes shoes
      3. A wishlist to keep track of the dolls you would like
      4. A collection to show off the dolls that you DO have
      5. A Doll Fund to keep track of money that you have saved up for dolls
      6. links to BJD forums, where to buy the dolls, where to buy clothing/wigs/eyes/shoes etc.
      7. Ability to compare dolls. So maybe there'd be something and you could click "compare" on two dolls and two windows would pop up and you could compare price, height, weight, features etc.

Probably other things too, I am a novice so I don't really know what we need. hehe. Just some ideas. I would totally get this app if they made i though!

11. I was just thinking today about why BJD's don't have their own apps on Iphone or Ipod touch. I mean they make apps for all kinds of random silly things. We could have convenient data about our dolls on our mobiles, and it would be cool if DoA wouldn't mind this idea. I have no idea how to make or register apps, but if we were to make a bjd app then that would be really awesome.

I definitely would love the app to have a doll+company databases along with links and pictures, and the wishlist idea is great!

12. Not sure if this belongs, but I've been thinking that I would love a DenofAngels app for my iphone...:fangirl:

13. Hey there is actually an app called tapatalk on android market, not sure about iphone though. You add the forum to the app and you can browse/look at pictures through the app. its very cool :) I have it on my phone.

14. It is on the iPhone for $2.99, I think

15. Whoa what!! Sweet! I'll get it now.

16. I'm using Tapatalk now! It's worth buying. Nicer than the free version, and I can DoA in bed! ^_^

Amalia

17. I've been able to DoA anywhere because the iPod has WiFi (and for most apps to work, I'd need WiFi). It would be great - especially for informative purposes, and organizing photostories that have been published:

Here's what I think would make a stellar BJD app:

• Owner pics organized by company and mold so finding them is easy
      • Organized reviews
      • Some kind of database where all measurements for all dolls were available - as well as companies who make clothes that fit (based on owner experiences)
      • Then, you'd have photostories arranged by genre; maybe a genre specifically towards yaoi, but with sub-genres?
      • Maybe a "Who is this doll" section, where you take a pic and it'll tell you what type of doll it is?

18. I like the idea of a News aggregator, that's the main thing I'd like to check away from my PC. Also I noticed that my ipad doesn't load the super-tall JPGs like from Soom MD pages, it'd be nice to have an app workaround :D

19. New aggregator would be nice

20. I have a website My Dreamless Sleep that's formatted to mobile phones; including iPhones and Androids. It has a database of (all) BJD measurements<3 Each company has their own page.
      I am still adding measurements to it though; but it seems to be very helpful already!

(If you see measurements that are empty or question marks and you have the measurements; please PM me on here and I will fix them)

I eventually want to broaden this out to BJD tutorials and also What clothes fit who? (store clothes and online clothes both)