1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD apps?

Sep 8, 2009

1. If someone made a full dollfie app I would totally buy it

@zeta, bookmarked your page on my itouch, it will really help me out on the go, thanks for linking it!

2. I think a BJD app would be awesome. I like all the ideas expressed so far. To be able to check on new items, keep a list of sizes, "must haves," upcoming shows, etc. would be a great tool.

3. No problem! :) In fact, I'll probably be using it a lot myself, when I'm going somewhere or on a trip! :) I love my iPhone! :D

4. I love the idea of DollBook for facebook just as a quirky app lol

5. I would love to see an app that has a database, a way to track your funds for your next doll and even make a note beside each company/dolls (sorta like those notes on Livejournal?). Maybe throw some wallpapers and other fun stuff?

6. MDS Update!
      My Dreamless Sleep now has (most) of the BJD measurements!

If you want to request a measurement or correct the measurements; contact me here via PM

~*~*~EDIT~*~*~

My Dreamless Sleep (dot) com is also a mobile (cell phone & iPhone/Android) friendly website which makes the measurement charts even better!

"What Fits Who" Clothing Chart will be coming soon!

7. I agree the database would be a nice thing to have along with a cloth sizing chart.

8. I'd like an app that would be a sort of personal organizer for all my BJD related stuff, like,

- list where I can track my wishlist / doll collection
      - budgeting system for dolly fund
      - journal for all my dolly stories and/or inspirations, etc
      - calendar for all those dolly arrivals and important dates like birthdays
      - mini photo album?

9. :) Updated My Dreamless Sleep again; even more fun things to do there now!

EDIT:

After I get back from the roadtrip in March; I will be looking into making an iPhone/Android BJD app, if I can find the software and designing tools<3

10. The design firm I work at also develops iPhone and iPad apps for clients (as well as for fun on our own time!) X3
      I do the graphic design, layouts, icons, etc.

If anyone has a concrete idea for an app, you can drop me a PM and I can check with our programers what the workload is... we might be able to do something in our spare time. ;3

11. I think the most useful app would be a DenofAngels app. I browse the forums more than look at doll websites so if they could format the site to look good on a small screen I would definitely download it if I had a smartphone or ipod.

12. I love iphone apps, I'm always playing with different thing on my ipad :D
      I would like to have an ultimate BJD app, for example a HUGE catalogue... It would take a lot of memory, but wiki-apps exists, do they?
      So you open the app and you can make a choice between SD, MSD, Little-fee or smth like that. When you made a choice you are moved to the next step and choose between Dollmore, Doll-zone, Soom (at least 30-40 most popular doll companies) and there you can see the names of chosen-sized dolls. When you had chosen the doll, you can view the info and some 1-2 photos....
      And maybe you can add some doll games to this app. For example a survey and smth like guess a mold XDDD

13. Yeah Kyrie,
      i like the idea of an app that shows sizes and clothing places you can even order from. I know there are many times I would like to get my Lati Green clothes but have no idea where or what is compatible with her size. :)

14. I've got a BJD size measurements App in the works for sure now! Testing it on my iPhone 3GS as we speak! Will be submitting it to Cydia (Jailbroken app store) and the Official Apple App Store within the next week!

Android and Blackberry will have an app also in the future....
      :)
      I will be making more then one app for sure though!
      Next up will be what clothes fit who; and other How to guides for BJDs.

*EDIT*

TEASER PIC!

[​IMG]

Woot woot the My Dreamless Sleep BJD app looks very nice on an iPhone!

(I couldn't help myself. I HAD to put up a teaser pic to get everyone drooling.)

15. Woop Woop! BJD apps are now a reality! :) Waiting for Apple and Cydia to approve my app!

16. Sounds like a cool idea, but not everyone has iphones, or anything high tech gadgets that has gadgets. If I had lets say an iphone, I would get it.

Whoever suggested the spreadsheet is a genius. I should do that with my dolls =3

17. @ Sweet Melodies: The full website that the iPhone app has a mobile version so if you have any phone with internet you can view the measurements on the go. :) My Dreamless Sleep Ltd.

18. If they do have that would be great. I wish I can See all Y!Japan's BJD bids and DOA's sale update everyday! :) I think that can save up a lot of time wondering around.

19. Nicely done, Zeta!!

Another idea for an app: step by step restringing for when you're traveling with your doll and don't have the internet or a computer?

20. Thanks!

I love that idea; will definitely make it a reality in the future. Do you mind if I credit you in the info page of the app?

I just need someone to volunteer restringing pics lol