1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD apps?

Sep 8, 2009

1. I'd like to see an app that lets you take a picture of a doll's head sculpt (with or without makeup) and matches it to the sculpt/company. I have such a hard time remembering who is who and where they are from!

2. Wow! Of course I don't mind! I'd help you with photos, too, but honestly I don't have a doll just yet, much less know how to restring him. Maybe when I get together with Glowbee, we can do this for you! I'll have to talk to her. She has to teach me these things, anyway. :P

3. :) Yay!

I'll probably end up using my DoI Kalix as the *ahem* stringing model if I can get time for some restringing pics. :)

It's probably going to be a pretty simple app, just a tutorial, but hey it'll be useful!

4. GREAT NEWS!

My Dreamless Sleep - BJD app for iPhone/iTouch is NOW available from the App Store for $1.99!

It's a complete measurement chart; will be upgraded as I get new measurements!

5. I would love an app that lists brands and models, as well as their measurements. An app that is a large list of patterns would be neat too.

6. Hey, I didn't see Zeta-Byte's post until later. That's fabulous. Did you make it? Or did someone else? Does it have the bobobie measurements?

7. I made it myself and yes it does have Bobobie measurements! :) the measurements aren't all there for all companies but I will be updating the app regularly with more measurements

8. Nicely done, Zeta, as usual! :P My doll will be showing up tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some pictures for you on restringing his legs and hooves. Will you PM me with an email to send them to you?

9. Thanks! PMed you my email! :)

10. I would LOVE a DoA app!

11. I second this one!

12. I'm on DOA through an app, it's tapatalk

13. Idk if this has been meantioned, but theres a bjd app called "My Dreamless Sleep - BJD" and is a database of both asian and non asian bjd sizes sorted by company. I'm not sure if its available for iphone, but its in my android app store for $2. There's also a free bjd puzzle app

14. I would love to have an app about dolls. Perhaps that you can fill in your own dolls, with their measurements. But most apps you also have on other phones, you do not have to buy an Iphone! I hope there is someone who can do this!

15. There is also My Dollhouse app. I have it. It's for your own dolls though.

16. Oooo yes, that would be a brilliant idea! Yes, i think a database of all the artists out there and places to buy clothes, wigs, eyes etc.........

17. How about being able to take a picture of...lets say the face of the doll (bald but with eyes) and once you took the pic you have to trace the hairline and iris of the eyes (like with those aging apps for us humans) and when you are finished doing that you would be able to test out different eyecolors and a few standard hairstyles? (like for example short, medium, long and an updo..)
      Ofcourse the hairstyles will have to come from a drawing or free to download internet site with examples of hairstyles as it wouldnt be allowed to use company pics of wigs (or who knows...maybe they will cooperate :P ) Anyway, that is something i would definetly buy for my (still to be repaired) smartphone. And yes, you can also do that in photoshop but like me..not everyone is as experienced (or has the patience) for photoshop :x

18. I'd actually like an app but please make it for android users, too :p
      It would be nice to have an app that tells you which clothing will fit which doll.
      That would be amazing. There's some sculpts out there that drive people crazy when it comes to clothing..