1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD&DnD

Aug 7, 2019

1. Ooh, ooh, yes! :: waves ::
      Ahem. I mean. Yes, I have made a few of my D&D characters into dolls. :3nodding:
      So far I have 3 D&D dolls: two player characters and 1 NPC...and all of them are half-elves...um...just turned out that way.

Two are sisters, from the same campaign, named Juniper and Flora Evergreen. They are still very much work in progress as I need to make them clothing and weapons...and I haven't decided if I want to mod their ears... Flora is a Paladin and Juniper is a Warlock with a familiar.

The other is from a campaign I DMed, and his name is Julien Pentacost. He's also Warlock class. And honestly, he's one of my most favorite dolls. He's been through 3 different shells, and the very first doll mods I ever did were on his second shell (half-elf ears), so it's been a journey, hehe.

This is Julien:

[​IMG]

@purple_monkfish
      I'd love to see your bariaur. I had a very ill fated cleric bariaur and fond memories. Good times, good times.

@iamkathybrown
      Oooh, I had not seen that body. Thank you so much for linking her! She's fabulous! :chocoheart

2. Sadly I haven't finished my Bariaur yet. She was supposed to get horns but I couldn't get them to attach. Magnets seem to hate me.
      I think she works better without anyway.

I need to make her a dress but I keep stalling because eugh, taur bodies are a pain to design for. Also I stink at sewing. I keep meaning to pop over to my mother's for help, she's a fantastic seamstress and has a whole sewing room which would be awesomely useful.

at some point Sigrud WILL have her full outfit sorted and then i'll take a great many photos hah.

3. @purple_monkfish
      Ah, I understand. I am stalling on at least 5 outfits for my dolls right now. :lol:
      What sculpt are you using? There are so many cute sculpts out now. It's exciting that bariaurs are an option to make!

4. I have a doll based on a play-by-post character I had. It hasn't occurred to me to model a doll off of my DnD characters. I'm now curious about what mold would make a suitable Goliath or Half-Orc.

5. I don't have dolls based on dnd characters yet, but eventually I'd love to shell my human warlock, Griss! The only problem is.....how do I put this delicately....

He's meant to be kind of ugly. I'm not sure if I can find an appropriately gaunt and annoyed looking sculpt for him. :XD:

6. She's an Impldoll Trista, the body always looked more sheep/goat-like to me than deer lol.

7. Three of my dolls are based off of RP characters.
      My Pathfinder adoptive siblings (NPCs, I'm commonly the GM) are Clarity (human oracle) and Liber (human sorcerer), a small child version of an early character I had is Drew (faun druid).
      My regular deskmate is my Starfinder ongoing PC Rhea/R3A (the drow-looking android technomancer) and I'm hoping to eventually make her buddy, who is an SRO (basically, he's a large robotic solider).

8. Take a look at Angodoll’s Hazal sculpt - he’s very gaunt-looking and not traditionally beautiful.

All my dolls are also tabletop characters, though they’re not from D&D. Their game is called Unknown Armies, which is a cosmic/psychological horror genre game that plays similarly to Call of Cthulhu. The game also has a modern setting, so finding clothes for my dudes is really easy (phew). :whee:

9. I haven't based any of my dolls off of specific DND characters, but they are all DND inspired! My crew is going to be a DND party and their recurring NPC's/allies

10. I started this cambion!!! She’s one heck of an MtF mod

11. I haven't played D&D in decades, but I'm an active tabletop gamer, mostly GURPS 3rd Edition. I've had Chaeri in several different campaigns playing various types of characters, and currently I'm running a Hogwarts game in which I have a Hufflepuff NPC by the name of Aurora who is based on Chaeri. I usually introduce my doll characters as RPG characters rather than the other way round.

12. How is GURPS to learn? I’ve heard it’s very complex, but really pays off with the degree of specificity you can have with characters and actions as compared to other rpg systems

13. I would love to shell the D&D character I'm running right now but he's a kenku and I have a funny feeling it would be near impossible. :sweat

14. none of my dnd characters are dolls just yet unfortunately, though i have a couple im absolutely dying to shell~

15. I am considering shelling my current D&D (well... technically Pathfinder) character. I am having a hard time finding just the right sculpt as I do not want to stray too far from the original Luts/CP that my other shelled characters are. I am leaning heavily towards a Luts Juniper on the Delf body... it would be quite a ways off, but unless a different sculpt comes along that would better suit her, I think I can make Juniper work for my girl. It is so hard to find a smirking female sculpt!

16. I’d love to but... apologies if this is not appropriate here, just thought I’d ask. How does someone go about getting into D&D if they’ve never played & don’t know anyone that does? I’ve always wanted to try it, seems fun.

17. @Spuggey If you have any conventions near you, they usually run beginner tables. Or if there are any comic or gaming shops, they might be running games and you can join a group with a pre-made character. GMs are usually pretty helpful to newbies. There is also the online route, but personally when I was starting out, I found that it added too much complexity to also try to figure out an online system.

18. I have played DnD with other BJD hobbyists using our dolls as the characters. It was a tremendous amount of fun.It's not what you asked but seems relevant.

19. I always seem to just “luck” into dnd groups! I don’t know if you’re in university or anything like that, but most campuses I’ve been to have clubs for it! Otherwise, some game stores run dnd nights, where people will run games that people can just join! If you have friends that play it, you can always ask them if they’d let you join or play in a oneshot. Online games are also an option, but I’ve never done it, so I do t really know how people find/join online campaigns!

20. I have a pukipuki that's inspired by one of my d&d characters. Originality they were going to be a trickster cleric kobold I played called Nonja(as in none ya business). But I thought they looked more like a goblin, so they became Goblin.
      Yes I very creatively named them Goblin because after 2 weeks of trying to find a name I liked I gave up XD
      I'd like to eventually properly shell my d&d characters, but working in 1/6 scale or small makes my options more limited(personal preference).