1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD&DnD

Aug 7, 2019

1. I have never even thought about this idea, but sounds great. Actually I have a doll related to D&D world - she is drow. And she could be my character, but....I play Pathfinder and dark elves are not allowed there((( I play as elf life oracle and maybe I will do her in future. I like mold of my drow - RS Ju with long ears - it could be interesting to make another elf based on it.

2. Not DnD per se, but all of my dolls sans one have L5R incarnations. :) It's only recently that I began to style them according to how they'll look in that universe. Well, Adhara/Kaguya's color palette is very Scorpion Clan to begin with, so I only had to make minimal adjustments to her wardrobe. It took a lot of convincing from the DM to finally give Guórén/Jinsuke some Lion Clan-colored clothing, but it ended up suiting him so much that I made adjustments to his "canon" (non-L5R) self to also use browns and bronzes. It's quite a pain to find props, though. (Not to mention I'd have to try my hand at making samurai armor in the future!)

EDIT: Since a number of the crew members are finally looking like how they should in their RPG versions, here's a picture.

[​IMG]
      L5R Incarnations
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

#42 AntarelNefertili, Feb 21, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    3. Once I get around to doing his faceup, the Long doll I got from Resinsoul in purple is meant to be my D&D elf bard. He's also my profile pic.

4. I am hoping to buy a Soul Doll Vito - Jacob so that I may have a doll of my Blood Hunter. Here are some pics to show how perfect the doll is for the character!
      Soul Doll Jacob
      Jacob

My DnD character
      Kao-Lin

5. Ah DnD...I remember it well, from multiple decades ago.:) I never get over the characters I create. Whatever I play, I only have one single character for whatever game it is. They become so real and complete that even when I stop the gaming, that character stays with me as a life-long memory that remains very close to my heart. So of course I created my DnD character, Lady Shalimar in bjd form. She was an elf who controlled an elaborate elven kingdom. When my little grandson wanted me to collect Legos with him, I found out about Lego Elves, and over the next few years I created a massive display. Now that he’s outgrown them, Lady Shalimar (in the form of a Doll Chateau Queena) rules happily over that display.

I’ve also created bjd forms of other characters I’ve played (mostly with grandchildren)...such as Pokemon, Beyblade, and Diablo. It’s a great way to keep those happy memories alive.

6. Quite a few of my crew are the resin avatars of either tabletop RPG or roleplayed MMO characters... I have a Space:1889 liftship engineer, a whole crew of Exalted Exalts, my BESM android mecha-pilot, a WOD Werewolf, a few Ars Magica magi, a pair of fae brothers who first appeared in a game of For Faerie Queen and Country, two Edwardian Call of Cthulu characters, a Silver Age Sentinels superhero and her sidekick kid brother, a trio of Shadowrun characters, the entire cast of our Castle Falkenstein game, my favorite Talislanta Ariane, a mercenary captain/fate witch couple from 7th Sea, and a few player characters and NPCs from the 13th Age (Including my favorite Icon, the Prince of Shadows.)

And, yes... There are a few D&D characters in the gang. :lol:

#46 Brightfires, Feb 22, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    7. I'd love to do one of my silly little crow monk but I have really no idea how I'd go about it. I do want to shell another character from a different tabletop game, Vampires: The Masquerade, at some point and I hope to pick up a DC Elizabeth because she's very reminiscent of a homebrew DnD race I made for a bug themed story my friends and I had going for a while.

8. It's not that hard, but it is very different. It uses d6 exclusively and it's more skill driven than stat driven (though skills are based on your stats so stats are still important). There's also no random generation involved--you have a pool of points to assign so that, theoretically, everyone starts out equal. Minmaxing can be an issue, but a clever GM can derail that pretty quick. "Oh, so you poured all your points into strength, dex and combat skills? Well, in order to get past this door you have to solve an algebraic equation. And you don't have math as a skill? That puts you at a negative 5 to your IQ, which is...8. Good luck rolling three 1s on your 3d6, dude."

9. that's good to know!! I'm dm-ing a group right now in 5e that aren't min-maxing exactly, but do have a list of favourite tricks to avoid fair combat (the bard using suggestion for increasingly weird things, the druid loving to use thorn whip, and then throw whatever it's wrapped around to the barbarian to grapple. I also had a warlock who didn't think I'd kill him when he ran outside after dark, on his own, in a vampire setting. It's always fun coming up with strategies to keep the party on their toes!

10. GURPS is also pretty modular. You don't have to use all of the various bits and pieces that add complexity. Your GM can choose to include some systems and add-ons while leaving out others. There's even a simplified version called GURPS Lite that's already trimmed own to just the basic system.

All of which is WAY, way off-topic for a dolly forum.

If you're really curious about GURPS, I'd suggest visiting RPGNet and doing a search for threads on the game in Tabletop Open... Or just posting a thread of your own to ask for specific recommendations.