1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

bjd in local news

Oct 27, 2008

1. I saw bobobies <3 yaay lol xD

2. cool interview! spread the love! congrats. junkyspot!

3. It was really fun to see this video, and to see some of the scale, not having seen more then one in one place at a time. The girl was a bit annoying but the guy reporter seemed really into them.

4. I would have liked if he pointed out that that his dolls are on the lower end of the price range too! (How about mentioning those limited bermanns? now that would have been a reaction!)

5. Hehehe, great plug for Junkyspot there!

Not that I'd argue, I love Junkyspot, that's where I got my Megi. <3

But yes, I think they'd have heart attacks if they knew the prices of some dolls (Volks Rozen Maiden Suigintou, the girl I love but will never, ever own. I'll sooner make my own Suigintou. XD; )

6. Liked it overall, but the female interviewer annoyed me. Get it right before you start yakking about it.
      And the alien thing bothered me a bit. 'Maybe I was right about the aline thing! HAHAHAHAHA!'. UGH. Not funny.

Ah well.
      Over all, it was a fun video. :)
      Maybe I'm touchy, but it seems that whether it's dolls or cars, get it right.

7. Deary me, those presenters were annoying :lol: If only they would cover something like this on The One Show in the UK!

That's it. I'm finished with Asian ball-jointed dolls! I'm going to sell all my collection and by Asian joint-ball dolls instead! :lol:

It was a fun video, glad to see a normal looking BJD collector and someone who collects other dolls too. Actually, Josh Mathews is striking out on all fronts; he's a regular guy who just happens to collect dolls. Hurrah for showing that BJD isn't strictly for the Japanorama fandom or the anime/manga fandom!

8. Why are the interviewers dressed up in wedding gear? *_* I mean they don't look like people you'd take serious. :roll:

I liked Josh Mathews very much though. He just seemed like a regular down to earth guy. He did a great job. :)

Dustbunnie

9. joint ball dolls??

alien dolls?? lol k

i liked the one with the intense eyes

10. ""ALIEN JOINT DOLLS!!!!""wow,nice collection though,loved the vid. too,lol :)

11. They did do a segment on Sybarites a while ago, so I don't know if they'd do BJDs because it's a similar sort of thing. Or maybe they would for the same reason!

12. Perhaps they were dressed up for a Halloween special? XD
      Or they're just idiots. Either way they looked silly.
      When she said 'joint-ball dolls' and then stuttered half way through I simply giggled. And then when said "Alien dolls" I was sat here and said to myself, "No you're just dumb." and then laughed.
      Overall it was a good interview, I liked it. It's good to see people get this out there. And I agree it would have been a lot funnier if he would have given out the prices of the more expensive models.
      Woo for Junkyspot <3

13. Im glad I wasn't the only one who kinda twitched at the mispronouciation. ^-^;
      This was awesome to see none the less. ^-^

14. I couldn't get through 1/2 of the interview because of her. I heard the same things you pointed out and I kept thinking "this female anchor is a twit." :doh

15. I'm also shopping around for my first one, and this was so cool to watch! At the risk of sounding like a complete moron, I was wondering how to get the eyes to change in and out, and now, I know! Very informative, very cool, and his collection was great!

Thanks for sharing! :D

16. Really cool video - thanks for sharing :) I liked the way the female presenter said "joint ball dolls" at the start, and such a fabulous plug for Junky Spot!

17. :lol: I loved the squeels when he popped the wig and head cap off.​

18. Yes, that was funny :lol: Thanks for sharing the vid.

19. ha. shameless plug for Junkyspot. I love ya, Emory. Making a place for all of us to get our resin fix. You are well-loved.