1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

bjd in local news

Oct 27, 2008

1. yup if it's listed on the JS shop site it's in stock 99% of the time and he usually ships your order out within 1-2 days usually the same day so it arrives super fast compared to anyone else!! *huggles emory*

2. hurray for junkyspot. i love them. congrats josh! i like how in this vid people seem more interested in us and our dolls instead of trying to make us all look crazy.

josh did so well! thanks for representing BJD lovers everywhere.

3. Oh geez, that lady was annoying! Hahaha.
      Thanks for the link =D

4. lol omg... Asian Joint Ball Dolls... @___@

5. Considering poor Josh had an interviewer butting in every 5 seconds and calling them "joint-ball" dolls and how nervous he must have been I think he did a great job. If you had a camera in your face and was being asked a bunch of questions by people who know nothing about your hobby I am sure you would be trying to get everything out quickly :D

If he lives near JS and he buys all his BJD's from JS why wouldn't he plug them??? He plugged a place to get them, not a place to talk about them. Also maybe he isn't a member of DoA or is on other forums for bjds, or member of no forums at all. You are going to plug what you like and are familiar with.

6. Well I think the guy did great. He had a short space of time on live tv no less to try and get across a fairly uncommon hobby, and not appear a looney in doing so. He did really well, composed himself very nicely, and managed to explain quite a bit about the BJD's despite the rather strange presenters! I hate to think what would happen in the UK...you'd either have that ridiculous One Show on BBC with that complete pillock of a presenter tearing the pee out of you, or you'd have to have an entire documentry on channel 5 where they make you look like a mental case and be over-analyzed that you only collect dolls because you're compensating for something...

Hmm...anyway. I think Josh did well. As for the community member who was rude about Junky Spot- ever heard of "can't say anything nice- don't say anything at all"? me thinks you need to learn it. Yes we are entitled to opinions, but you don't have to always express them.

7. Having done many interviews in the past, here are my observations.

Josh did an amazing job for someone who does not do this sort of thing regularly. Filler items are hosted by "presenters" (who are NOT reporters nor generally journalists) who know next to nothing about the subject and are given a list of "talking points" by the director of the news program. They will rush through these talking points as quickly as they can, focusing on the sensational. It takes an extremely strong and charismatic personality. someone who is practiced and drilled in their own "talking points," and someone who has done this before, to dominate an "interview" of this nature.

Josh did a wonderful job. He made the hobby look interesting, not freakish, not dominated by fringe-cultists.

Josh does NOT belong to DoA; as he is a member of no doll forums that I know of, he may not even be aware that DoA exists. There is no reason for him to have "plugged" DoA. He buys his dolls almost exclusively from Emory, PLUS JunkySpot is located IN California, therefore it is doubly appropriate for him to have mentioned them.

As for so-called "personal opinions," I can only quote the Honorable Oliver Wendell Holmes. "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." The moment you voice a deliberately hurtful "personal opinion" your "right to free speech" has passed its sell-by date and you get precisely what you have coming to you, in bad karma if nothing else.

8. The guy (Josh, I'm gathering), did a great job.

The presenters were goofy, but at least they make it hard for anyone they interview to seem like an odd-ball, no matter how weird they are, when they are dressed like that. And yes, they are there to 'liven up' things and read the tele-prompters, NOT be wise and informed! They were certainly good at being lively! And if there were typos, it's not their fault they came off as goofier than they looked.

Free-speech. Yeah, you CAN say whatever you want (aside from yelling "fire" in a crowded theater or making threats, etc.--so there are legal limits), but it doesn't mean you SHOULD say whatever you want. Too many people shoot off their mouths before thinking, particularly on the internet. And they wonder why they come off looking like fools! Then get all defensive and hide behind "their right" (to be an idiot).

Think before you post, people!

It's only smart to buy from local shops. I've purchased all kinds of things from over-seas, but that's mostly because that's the ONLY way to get them (or were, at the time). I'm happy to see more local dealers where some saving on shipping maybe be had--and maybe some ease of purchase, dealing with no language barrier, etc.

Anyway-- odd interview, but not demeaning to the hobby, at least!

9. *huggles* we love you Emory!!!!! Don't worry about it, if the meanie poster had looked a little closer they would have been aware that the store that got the plug was the same as the person who started the thread - looks like a case of uber foot in mouth here, and not enough be quiet and pay attetion to the situation before you start blurting LOL.... She did make a goose outta herself though LMAO

I thought it was great, and could make the dolls seem a little more obtainable to people in the US without that overseas fear factor you know, no idea who watches this show but hey, any news about our beautiful hobby is good news....

*snark* shame we don't have the same thing in Australia anymore hey???

LMAO I had images of someone rolling a Green Bobobie Sprite in paper and sparking up.... ROFL hahahahahhahah Joint Dolls.... ahaha *hurting* hehehe

10. That is soooooo awesome. Well done!!

11. As a U.S. Government teacher, may I throw a wrench or three into the works on the topic of free speech, since we seem to be bringing this up a lot in this thread?

• The U.S. Constitution, including its protection of free speech, does not have force in countries other than the United States. DoA is a multinational forum. Therefore, arguments about the "right" to free speech on DoA are, at best, confused.
      • It saddens me to see American citizens misunderstanding and misusing our Constitution to justify rude behavior. Contrary to popular belief, the U.S. Constitution does not guarantee its citizens the right to say whatever they want, whenever they want, without any ramifications. The Constitution's Amendment I prevents the U.S. government from passing laws restricting free speech. That is all. Period. In more plain terms, the U.S. government is obligated to allow free speech in the areas it controls. But no other institutions or individuals in the U.S. are bound by this limitation. The Constitution intentionally says nothing about private institutions (such as a doll forum) making speech restrictions. If private groups wish to demand certain topics not be broached -- or be broached in a particular way -- within their own domains, they have that right. Don't believe me? Ask the Supreme Court, which over its long history has consistently ruled that speech can be restricted by groups outside the federal government.
      • Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that an individual speaking freely is protected from having to hear objections to his opinions. Protected free speech does not include protection from hearing the opposing side.
      Even if DoA were a forum only for U.S. citizens, and even if the Constitution did not allow it to set its own rules for the speech contained within its bounds, the bottom line would still be that no one's rights are being violated here. Everyone has the ability to post their opinion as long as they do it in a manner that otherwise follows the rules. Those of you editing your responses are doing so because you choose to, not because your rights are being violated.

Apologies for the length. This is a hot topic for me. I believe very strongly that a citizen has a duty to properly understand the laws he lives by.

12. thats a really cool quote!! thanks for sharing! =]

and what has been said about josh possibly not being a member of doa (or any other doll forum) is too true. i never thought of that possibility, i thought he should have said something along the lines of "you can purchas them at junkyspot but if you want to learn more go to denofangels" but if people do enough research im sure they will end up here some way or another. (thats what happened to me, i asked an ebay member about her doll and she told me to come here)

13. Just have to say, the female interviewer in the first post's video made me pretty mad. xD; She had that "God, you're insane" tone in your voice the whole time. xD

14. No, thank you. I'm a Canadian citizen, and I believe that a lot of people living in our countries don't work hard enough to understand these things. They pick up on the most convinient line and continuously spout it.

Thanks for the lesson. Even I learned something from that!

15. Lol it's really funny because the woman is like all "omg you can open the head" xD And when he says the price and they are all "OHHHHHHH" haha

16. I think the :o expression when you learn that the head can open is very okay. I mean it's kind of crazy especially if you have never seen something like that before.

17. I enjoyed the interview and was thrilled to see BJDs make it on local news! I agree with those that say the woman interviewer was a little annoying, but as she was unfamiliar with these dolls, I can understand her mispronunciation of the name and interruptions; seemed like she wanted to ask more questions about the hobby but was pressed for time.

I was actually talking with a woman in front of Wal-Mart while holding one of my boys, who currently has blue hair, and she had a similar reaction to the reporters when I pulled his wig off to show her that their hair could be changed. :lol:

I also thought the Junky Spot plug was appropriate as this newscast was in Sacramento. This hobby can be very daunting (seems like it took me years to get familiar with the DoA thread alone! :XD:) and pointing interested people to a company that speaks English, provides cheaper shipping, and is highly respected at least on DoA (We Love You Emory!) is definately a good way to go.

18. I wasn't a bad article, but because the woman kept interrupting I thought it would be hard for people to catch what they are actually called. Nothing wrong at all with promoting Junkyspot, but someone buying bjds who is not familiar with them is going to run into problems when they find out their surprise! quirks.

19. Sonja--Featherfall will show you prices in 5 different currencies. Example: a dollheart outfit is $132.31 in canadian currency and then when you click on US currency it's $104.90. Being that they are in canada though you're not getting hit over the head with a fee on top of the exchange rate.

The part about opening the head in the interview. I've had similar experiences with people when I try to change my dolls eyes in public :lol:

20. Ah! That's not bad then. =) I'm needing outfits for some of my kids, so I'll go take a look.

Hrough will have to wait for me to get him a body though. XD

The reactions to opening the headcap is kind of similar to when I was showing my mom Rem for the first time! Her main response was when I took out the eyes - "put some eyes in her FAST! That's creepy!"