1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD in Unexpected Places

Jun 10, 2007

1. I found this compact mirror almost a year ago in an asian gift shop.

[​IMG]

Too bad to think it's bootlegged though... nothing I can do about it now.

Kirsten

2. I've found little 6-page books with stickers of dolls at my dollar store, and there was also a picture of one on one of those cheap plastic dolls you buy at dollar stores.

I've also found a picture frame at this little Asian store downtown, and the insert thing for where the photo is supposed to go is a collage of different dolls. :3

3. somewhere on ebay. i know a seller was selling stickers of bjds. and a magazine had an articale with stolen bjd photos.

and many of the bjds belonged to mods here. I know amiee was one of the oes who had photos stolen.

4. :D I'm on the same boat.

I can't say, though, that I wouldn't be both happy and upset to find a picture of mine come up in such a place. :sweat Happy that someone thought the photo was cool enough to steal it- upset they actually stole it...

5. I've told this story before somewhere, but here it goes...

I went to a chinese store (in Lisbon) and I found a school bag with a picture of a volks doll and it said barbie under it in big pink sparkly letters :lol: I guess they were trying to take their bootleg to the next level, two in one :lol:

6. Mmm...I was at an Everything 5$, looking for hair clips for my doll, and came across this:
      [​IMG]

[didn't buy the clips btw]

7. Ashtray_Girl,

I think the girl in the first picture might be Volks Nana? She kind of looks like Blanki's doll. Kawaii!

8. I've come across doll pics on some miscellaneous items.. like nail clippers..

But I've seen a fairly large, blown-up pic of Too & Bee-A pasted on a shop door. o_O;

9. I have a lot of this sort of merchandise unfortunately- some of those gigantic sticker sheets and buttons with all sorts of dolls on them (almost bought a wallet like Ashtray_Girl's, too). I bought them in Chinatown NY & Chicago last year, not even considering they might be bootlegged. I was just excited to see BJDs printed on something :blush :[

But this year, I didn't see any such things in Chicago at least.

10. There's a funky clothing store in Ceder Falls Iowa that my friend has bought Super Dollfie buttons from. I knew they wer bootlegs but they are pretty cute.

11. My friend found a t-shirt with dollfie on, on our local market. Couldn't find it personally, so it might be fictional.~~Wouldn't be the first time. **rolls eyes**

12. I've seen buttons with Volks SuperDollfies on them (official pics by some of the dodgy quality of some of them :P)

And I have also seen a notebook with Dream of Doll Bee-A on them, also official photos, but that was in Thailand.

It's interesting actually, like they are becoming more mainstream.

13. I was in Borders today, and i saw this New York street fashion book and decided to check it out. The book is called "New York Look Book: A Gallery Of Street Fashion"

Well me and my friend were flipping through the pages, and on one picture there was a girl and sitting next to her was a BJD. Im not sure but i think it was an Luts El.

I read what she had said and everything and i thought it was neat. They both had the cutest outfits.

But it just got me wondering about if theres any other times people have seen BJDs in unexpected places.

xD.. sorry if this is in the wrong place. or not topic worthy~ >.<;

14. The first time I took Rhiannon out was at the Harry Potter book release and I knew that I'd get odd looks, but then two other girls had their dolls and actually stopped by to talk to me. Last place I thought to find dolls was at a HP release.

15. I've yet to find BJDs in unexpected places. Though looking back through some of my old magazines there's an advert for a Volks SDC Arashi that's really out of place.

But i do know that one man in his band singing on the streets of newcastle obviously didnt expect to see a large group of people holding dolls. As he even interupted his song to shout "DOLLIES!" at us.

And the woman in the lingerie shop even stopped and told us she'd seen BJD's on the internet as was interested in them! Oh driver in the bus behind us who found them to be hilarious when were making them wave out of the back window!

I guess it's more of a case of "I take my doll into unexpected places" :sweat

16. The other day, I was sitting in the cafeteria in my university, when I saw this girl walk past with a dogtag necklace, and the picture on the necklace was of an El! I nearly ran over to ask her about it, but I was too embarrassed. :sweat

17. At our favorite hibachi restaurant some months ago, our waitress (we went so often she was practically more of a friend XD) gave us a pen to sign for our tab, and it had dolls on it! There were a few Custom House MSD's and tinies (I think they were CH) as well as Too and Bee-a from DOD. We were so excited (especially since we were about to order our Too and Bee-a set) that she went in the back and found us two more; she said her boss brought them back from a trip to China.

The only other time we've seen BJD's in odd places was at a Christmas party for my mom's antique booth last year- because we took Caer with us, and met Shan, our first meeting with a doll person! Lucky, too, because she's been so terribly sweet to us and she's so nice. <3

18. i saw this lady with one at the rainforest cafe. errr some where in disney land!

19. I saw a girl with one on her t-shirt at Uni. I was too nervous to go up and ask if it was just for fashion that she wore it though.

Other than that, I've found that it's just people who show an interest in them where I wouldn't expect it.

20. i have had all kinds of run ins with people about dollies. i take mine lots of places. most people dont mess with me or ask me anything (cause apparently i look scary cause i have metal in my face and tattoos all over-) o_< i usally say hello and they lighten up to me. i met the good majority of them in st. augustine walking about i have had people bound up to me and shout babies!