1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD makers threatened by China-based counterfeiter / trademarks

Apr 26, 2018

1. Is there anything we can do to support the companies affected by this? Such an awful stunt to pull, I really want to be able to do something :(

2. i am sorry if posting this subject is against the rules. i was really trying to single out the specific counterfeiter, and not recasts in general. if need be i can request the thread to be deleted. surprisingly were all being civil to one another here, which is a really good thing.

3. As long as this thread is still up and running, I'd like to gather information about which doll companies this turd is screwing over. Of them, note which companies are already aware and fighting. This way, fans like us can contact the rest, ideally with evidence like links and screencaps, and warn them hopefully in time to fight back. A chart on Google Docs for people to read and share would help.

4. maybe if one starts a go fund me for the rights of their company we can donate a couple of bucks here and there.

Chinatrademakoffice search

#64 LadyToxicScythe, Apr 27, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2018
    5. This are the currently names mentioned in the process

Fairyland, AprilStory, AileenDoll, Sadoll, RSDoll, Lillycat, Myoudoll, Withdoll, Linachouchou, Irrealdoll, Monodee, DollPamm, LeekeWorld, LittleMonica, IBJD, DollMore, PeakWood, SoulDoll, Dollsh, Rosenlied, DollTown, DollSoom, Idealian, Luodoll, LustBJD, Marina Bychkova, Dollshe Craft, Kreme Doll, DollNdoll, Chicabi Doll, Pukifee, Freeple, Peak's Woods, Iplehouse, Realfee, DolkBJD, Monochrome, Code Noire, Bambicorny, Neo Angelregion, Alchemiclabo, Dollbom, chicabonita, RamCube, DearMin, Napi, Cocoriang, Migidoll, Dara, Sadoll, RSDoll, Bluefairy.

6. Besides fighting the trademarks perhaps people could file fraud complaints with FTC.gov to cause him some trouble. ICPEN is the International Consumer Protection agency. He is engaging in fraudulent business transactions so perhaps there's some leverage there.

7. This is horrible! I really hope someone stops him!

8. I heard about this recently, whats happening is one of the worst that could happen, but thankfully so many people are spreading this around. I know some companies are already getting a lawyer and/or teaming up to combat this. Just an overall crappy situation that should've never happened..

9. Guys, some people have been asking luo in his store and he says its fake news! I'm so lost right now :?

10. @flornosertao I don't think its fake news... You can look it up in trademark databases yourself...

So Luo is taking the Trump approach XD? Wow.

11. @flornosertao

I highly doubt it's fake news since people can search up the trademark filings. To me it seems like he's hoping people will believe him as he plays dumb, so that he can try to get away with it more quietly if people believe it's fake.

12. Ok, my two cents worth. This is where the conscientious community must stick together. This guy can call those recast sculpts his, I suppose. He can, apparently, file for trademarks. Does that make the poor quality recast a real Iplehouse or Loong, or whoever?
      A rose by any other name smells just as sweet. A fake will always be a fake.

13. Well, but cxxxxBJD - luo is not the only luo recaster... Also, luo is a pretty common name.
      Its kind weird he would do that anyway, its dumb, anyone online can find out he is not the creator of those things. So why would he do that? Not trying to defend him, he is still a recaster, but maybe there is something more behind this all... Maybe not, maybe he is just "pulling a trump card", I don't know, I just want this over...

#73 flornosertao, Apr 27, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    14. This isn't a thread to promote Luo and his illegitimate products. This news is actually quite big so I think it should stay here as a informative topic and not be closed. If it gets closed, what CAN we talk about? I mean the doll community is not all cotton candies. It's pretty sad if we just ignore the negatives and only talk about the positives in life.

15. it appears he's not just trying to circumvent ebay's rules, a dealer/shop on Taobao received notice from Taobao that they have "violated Ligui Luo's brand Little Monica"...
      (https ://www.meipai.com/media/991943498)

that's a pretty compelling (and appalling) reason "why".

#75 ATYL, Apr 27, 2018
    16. I think that the moderators are quite aware of this thread. I believe the rules are pretty specific, for a reason. I hear people being very abusive and angry and swearing. I think that is worse.
      This needs to be sorted in the courts. Very few of us are familiar with the Chinese trademark laws. Laws only keep honest people honest. Those who break the law don't care about it.
      I do not support recasts. This forum and community taught me about the Art in the dolls. Those who care about the art will not support recasts. Stay strong, all of you!

17. I think the issue is he's not just after trade-marking in china. I heard he's tried to trade mark a few things in the US and a couple of other countries too... In any case, a lot of dealers I use are based in China, like ACBJD I think is in China. I'm quite worried how this is going to impact them and the little doll companies they deal for.

18. "罗礼贵死了算了" summing it up nicely
      if my google translate-fu is working, the implications are something like "i'd rather die than allow your thievery/you're dead meat buddy" in response to the claim

19. Yeah, its for china, eua, australia and european union from what I saw in the discussions.

20. i've been alerting my favourite companies and i just got a response from dearmine:

in addition, yesterday i got a response from roserindoll :
      i have also contacted bluefairy, myoudoll, bunnybunny, dollsbe, flower&junior, and daydream, but have yet to hear back from any of them, which is reasonable, since there's a lot going on. x_x
      but i will keep this updated to the best of my ability.

update from flower & junior!

#80 mangameow, Apr 27, 2018