1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD makers threatened by China-based counterfeiter / trademarks

Apr 26, 2018

1. This is a highly important topic. I myself am not on social media, so I personally rely on DOA for doll news. I think it would be good to have at least some sort of notification about the current situation on this forum, if not this thread, then something else.

This news is very troubling, I hope the companies can fight him back with all their might! What he's doing is beyond shameless.

2. Excellent.

Hey, I just read all that and looked at documents. He isn't claiming the sculpts. He is claiming the Mark, namely, the word "Fairyland." And very unfortunately, if Fairyland hasn't filed for a trademark on the name, This guy can possibly win on a technicality.

#82 Csiminae, Apr 27, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2018
    3. Those are devastating news, and I do hope that this thread will remain if the moderators do not create an official one. It's important to keep ourselves informed, especially since this involves the entirety of the community.

I'll watch this thread in the meantime to keep myself up to date.

4. Everywhere I look, more details are being uncovered. I am sickened.

It is heartening to see a few of the doll companies planning to make a stand. I hope they can put aside any rivalry to work together. They need each other's support, and ours, to win this. Especially considering that none of them has been able to file on their own.

If you need any more proof that bootlegs are corrupt, take this into account. None of these companies, even the 'big' expensive ones, make enough to copyright their products. But someone who churns out copies at a fraction of the cost, with no sculpting or design labor and no quality control, sucks in enough to file claims on scores of terms.

That, my friends, is depraved.

5. One of the doll companies that he's laying claim to the name of is a husband and wife duo out of korea... I seriously doubt they have any ability to fight this :(

6. Yes, I also noticed that, people are like "but they can easily prove blablabla", but that's not how things work.

This breaks my heart. Maybe we could go on with the idea someone mentioned before of donating money? Like those sites were you have a goal and people can give whatever they want to help... Im sure even people who aren't from the hobby would want to help them to not lose their rights.

7. Glad to see this topic has finally made it here.

I'm just glad to hear companies have gotten word and are fighting it. Hopefully this will encourage other companies to do the same and bury this guy...

8. It's so disheartening to see what has become of this issue. It's why I firmly believe a 'little issue' doesn't stay small for long and now it's a Real Problem. One that's been warned since day 1. I hope all the companies will be able to stand up to him and win against his attempts for their trademarks.

9. Isn't there anything we can do to help? Donating is one thing, but we don't even know if they need it right now, how much is needed and where to send it! I am talking about mass legal action, can we do that? Can we report him someplace that is internationally? :(

10. Finally sat down and watched the vid and I swear the comments are grating...

11. yeah they do get a bit cringe on there

12. I was so torn down and disgusted and physically sick when i read about this whole situation. I have said my bit on other social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube so im not going to get so far into it here, but this is just so terrible. Words can not express the feelings i feel right now. Im scared for this hobby. I love this hobby and left other hobbies to support this one and to think that this man can possibly take it all away.. my heart goes out to the artists and I can not for the life of me see how anyone can be "neutral" or "pro-recast" especially after now seeing the true colors of the recasters. Artists sculpt and carve and sand with every ounce of their hearts and beings to give us these dolls.. recasters do not put an ounce of care into their work. This situation should be proof that all those people see are dollar signs with no respect at all for anyone else.

13. @dollhausen mentioned ICPEN before, but I don't think it can help since we arent making business directly with them. I checked their avaliable options and it doesnt seem to cover this kind of issue. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

I think the best would be wait for the companies to say what they want from us, because we can actually giving them more trouble if we rush because we are anxious.

14. Found some updates in this blog.

Gosh, I wish moderators would make an official topic about this soon, knowing this all can be deleted at any moment is making more nervous. Its 01:37 am here and I can't sleep with all this happening :x

15. This is so disgusting. Stealing work for his own gains and then going as far to get the rightful owners kicked out of a whole country? This is ridiculous and the Chinese Laws need to get reformed to something that can't be so easily abused as it currently is.

16. I think we can contact the companies, show them our support and ask if they need any help (even the financial one). I'm going to ask my Chinese mate to translate a message and send it to Loong Soul.

17. I feel like spamming their mail box would only give them more problems, isnt better to choose someone as a representative and make a letter and send them with our names signed and some information like what country are we from and our social media/email/any contact in case they need some specific help from someone from a specific place or whatever? I mean, if you want to send your own email thats ok, but if the community could be at least organized in less groups I guess it would make their job easier (?)

18. I agree that if we all write emails or post on their message boards we are going to flood them with the same information and get in the way of them answering customer/order questions. We don't want to hinder their normal operations during such a crucial time.

It would be good to have all the information about what this recaster is doing compiled in one place — which I definitely think should be DoA and other online forums like DoA. A lot of companies have an account here on DoA. I also think that if they have anything to say, these statements should be copied here on DoA.

I have friends in the Chinese community and they're doing everything in their power to help inform companies and find a way to stop this madness. It is absolutely ridiculous that a recaster wants to prevent the legitimate creators from selling their products. What we must do right now is continue our support; keep buying dolls from the companies and authorized official dealers. Continue to spread the word about this and raise awareness. It is absolutely essential that we band together at this time because we are all part of the same hobby and we must fight alongside one another to ensure we have a hobby as long as there are talented people making and sharing their works with us. It's imperative that the discourse moves from blaming, to acting. We won't get anywhere repeating what is sufficiently clear; recasts harm the hobby.

Now, our mission needs to be doing what we can to reverse this damage.

Volunteer to translate communications/information, make graphics in support of artists, continue to buy dolls, stand firm by what is right and live it for all to see, leave messages of support and encouragement to doll companies on their social media, welcome new people in the hobby who embrace the right way to own dolls, support makers (wigs, clothes, eyes, etc.) who also support artists — there is much we can do, as a community. Right now is the time for action.

#98 dollsoflace, Apr 27, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    19. I've been contacting several companies and will post their replies once I got it. I really hope all of the Korean companies can team up and sue this creature. I also hope that all of the important notes and updates can be updated on the first post, so it will be easier for everyone to know the latest update. :)

How can he registered trademark for Chinese companies as well, seriously... I just hope that those Chinese companies can throw him down or at least can battle him first, before the Korean companies come and crush him altogether.

This guy is Thanos in our BJD hobby, we'll help the Avengers a.k.a the doll companies as much as we can, to defeat this Thanos.

20. I thought about possible actions apart from buying only from legit companies: for those who have YouTube channels, maybe we could put some kind of standardized message in our videos stating that we are strictly pro-artist and in very short sentences why, no matter what else the topic of the video is.

I made two videos one in English and one in German explaining what is happening right now. To be honest, I do not care what others think about me regarding this topic.

We are also discussing this topic in our German forum.

Sadly, I am not on social media at all except Google+. We can all take a stance and spread the information. I am afraid that's all we can do right now.