1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD Orbyrarium Book Mailing; Boutique open Noon CST 7/11/06

Apr 25, 2006

1. Can you tell us anything about the Boutique?

":BJD Orbyrarium Boutique:
      Liechen Cover Exclusive Doll, LE 25;
      Chesca, Doll Heart, Mio, Unicorn Garden"

are these exclusive items you can purchase if you buy the book? If there's only 25 Liebchen how does that work? Lottery system or first come first served?

2. pandora - what do you mean "about the boutique"?

3. I think she is wondering what will be for sale? Outfits...number of Liebchen's...if there will be a lottery etc...

4. I'm not sure on the number per item on them, Karen will have to answer more in depth, but off the top of my head,...

There is:
      the exclusive Liebchens
      Dollheart exclusive outfits
      Mio exclusive outfit
      By Chesca exclusive outfit
      and Unicorn Garden exclusive

maybe more? I'm not sure. :)

5. Our boutique items in the BJD Orbyrarium are quite limited. All individuals who pre-order the BJD Orbyrarium book, will have a chance at the very limited items. Once the book arrives in our office (arrival date could change, right now it is June 12th), we will ship the books to people who pre-ordered first. If this date holds, the boutique will open to all those who are in on the first shipment of books on July 1, 2006.

Liebchen, our cover exclusive by Fancyboots, comes fully dressed with boots and two wigs. She is a special lighter color resin, made just for us. She is limited to 25 pieces. Then we have a delightful outfit by Mio--10 will be available in Unoa size; 10 are available in SD/SD13 girl size. Next we have two School of Vambane costumes by Doll Heart--40 limited editions in SD/SD13 girl size and one MSD Boy costume, in a limited edition of 40. Chesca has made us an extremely limited costume that is awesome--Graphic Impact Punk is limited to 5 for an SD13 boy. Last, but not least, we have Unicorn Gardens School Girl Costume for most Mini Super Dollfie girls. This comes with its very own hand sewn teddy bear that matches the costume--limited to 10 pieces.

Hope this help. It would be our extreme delight to do this bi-annually. So, if this sells well, there will be many more BJD company’s doll’s featured, more artists, more projects, more patterns and more exclusives down the road. This book strives to feature small and large companies alike and to showcase the work of artists and collectors everywhere. Your support will make this happen!!

6. Just a heads up that I placed the Haute Doll ad on the first page of the announcement just to show a few samples from book. Not too much!! Copies due around June 12th. Thanks.

7. I don't have a credit card so I'd like to send a MO.
      (There was some fine print on the book that said you can pay with visa, mastercard, cheque, or MO.)
      Do I just ignore filling out the online part and send the MO then?

Thanks for any help.

8. How much would a Liebchen go for? (good to know incase I want to try and order one)

9. Hi Karen.
      Are you going to do a lottery for the items or first come first serve, because they are so limited and they are probably a lot of people pre-ordering the book.

thanks
      Geri

10. I was wondering about this too ^^

Being in Australia, if it's first come first served probably most things will be gone by the time the book gets to me all the way over here.

Although if I don't get a chance to order anything, I'll still be happy... the book is so beautiful, and fantastic for bjd collectors. I wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone involved in making it, because I'm so excited to own it ^^

11. is the book fully in color or black and white?
      are the tutorials with pics and explanation and complete?
      and just wondering is the book more focused on girl dolls or male, like only patterns for dresses?
      and if you pre order you have a chance at the limited items, cuz you'll have the book early, but what if shipping is slow?
      how much is shpping to belgium xD
      sorry for all the questions!

12. The book is mostly if not all in color.
      the tutorials have example pics and explanations

the book has a lot more than patterns in it. It's along the lines of a lot of japanese ABJD books which have lots of features in them other than just patterns. The tutorials and interviews would be interesting to any doll owner, not a particular type. I really think that any ABJD owner would find something to interest them and make the book worth their while and I'm not just saying that because I worked on the book. I really think it's a great book.

I don't know about lottery or shipping, sorry! :)

13. Please forgive me if this was stated somewhere and ai skipped over it while reading...

Is the book limited?

14. Hello there, it's past the 12th already. May I know when our payments will be deducted from our accounts?

15. It looks like they've bumped the date back to July? it used to say June. :(

16. Just a quick update. Our printer informs us the books are on the way and due to arrive the first week of July. I got 25 sample books in the office that have been sent to contributors. I think you will be happy with the book and it will have been worth your wait.

Many of the boutique items are quite limited, but we are selling them as first come, first served. We will be shipping all pre-ordered books first. We appreciate your support and patience. Thanks.

Karenc

17. Pm'd you with an important message. ~~Lin

18. Well, as two who worked hard on some of the photos in this book, my husband Teejay Riedl and I are looking forward to getting our advance copy soon. Two of my dolls (Kaede-Sugar & Heath) appear in Rob Ferguson's creative tale, and ever since my Kaede-Sugar is convinced she's not only an angel, but a literary star!!! LOL! ;)

Juli DC :)

19. Wait if the books are late... does that mean we can order from the site even if we didn`t get the book or not? it`s a bit confusing.

20. Thanks for the update! I'm excited for my copy to arrive ^.^