1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD Weddings, a unique idea, or just too much?

Dec 22, 2010

?
  1. Too much.

2. Thats a great idea! That's not too much at all!

3. Meh, your choice. Do what you want.

4. I don't know...I'd have to think about it.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. If it's in good humor, as an excuse to have a themed meetup/party with some RL doll friends - I think it's lovely idea. If it's performed in all seriousness - well, the polite thing to say is, "one plays with their doll any way they want." ;)

2. It's absolutely not my thing in any way, shape or form... but if it *is* your thing, then have at it. People may look at you a little funny (The same way they look at people who do dog-weddings, I suspect- :lol:), but if you can handle that, why not? It's a harmless enough excuse for a party.

3. The important difference is between Want and Need. If you want to have a wedding for your dolls, then go ahead. If you feel you NEED to have a wedding for your dolls then you have a problem. Dolls are not alive and don't have needs, and thus you may need to check on your priorities. If you just Want to have a wedding, then go for it. If you want people's dolls to come up dressed for it, etc... that's fine. If you Need them to show up dressed for a wedding, and they can't be there unless they do so, then again take a step back.

4. I'm a "meh" person myself. If it were to happen in my area, I'd go. I'd enjoy it, it would be fun, I'd force two of my dolls to dress up and bring gifts and sit on the bride or grooms side and then they'd eat all the cake. I like themed meets, I'm all about it. However I would hope the person doing it would A. do a decent job and not go all half-assed if it's going to be a huge meet theme, and B. not take it insanely seriously. If someone didn't want to participate, or put a doll somewhere that wasn't planned for a doll to be, and they started getting crazy about it, that will ruin any fun for everyone even remotely involved.

I personally wouldn't bother with a doll wedding. For me, it would be way too much work for something that I'm really not into. Add to that the fact that my dolls are all meant to be characters and none of them will ever be getting married. Ever. There would be no point for me to have a doll wedding. My characters would not be above crashing another wedding though, so look out...

5. Awwww, I think this would be a very cute idea. I actually have two dolls who represent characters that get married within the timeline of my story that I would LOVE to do a mock-wedding for. But, it would have to definitely not be a serious situation. Afterall, they are indeed dolls and so I believe anything like this would have to be for fun or something just for an amazing photoshoot or a themed meet. If it was taken with complete seriousness and had to be as detailed as a human wedding, then I wouldn't feel comfortable about it. It'd be too awkward for me, personally.

6. But they are fun! Whether they are weird or not. It may be odd for people who arent in this hobby though, so inviting them is... sort of out of place. But why not? It is unique and can make for beautiful photoshoots. I think the more you have for it, like tables and doll sized cakes and stuff would just be fun and totally worth it. (And costs less then a real one ?)

7. I think it's an adorable idea! I doubt I would hold a wedding for my own dolls, but it's something I'd love to attend. There'd be a lot of cute, fun things to do at a doll-wedding themed meet, and it'd make for a great photoshoot. :)

8. In my opinion, if it's just one person having a huge wedding reception with a bunch of your dolls, that could seem... a little weird. xD But done in the context of a meet-up, I think it'd be really cute and fun! And hey, I can't argue with cake.

9. I think it's a cute idea, and I agree with emilyG: in the context of a meet-up, it would be funny !!! ♥

10. I think it's a nice idea! I am thinking about doing it if my wedding does not happen......

11. I agree as long as its not hurting anyone or done not too seriously then ya go for it.
      My Percy and Annabeth I plan on a fun wedding for them. Hopefully in the spring if or when we loss the ton of snow we have here. lol
      I've been thinking instead of gifts for the couple from people or dollies for them to bring a can or cans of food for the food drive .

12. I voted, Do what you want.

I DO think it's a fun idea, but I haven't been to one and I haven't really thought I wanted to, so I wasn't necessarily all enthusiastic... Although I'd probably get into the whole idea of the thing if my dolls were invited to a wedding! :D

13. I think it sounds fun :) I'd love to go to a doll wedding. It would be a nice little party, and if it were a doll meet, it'd be a nice conversation starter...

14. This would be really fun to do at a meet, with a bunch of doll people. I do think it would be polite to post about it in the meet-up thread so people could decide whether to take part. But I'd be into it. It sounds like you're approaching it from a playful place, not a deadly serious DollBridezilla place :)

I like wedding photoshoots; I guess if someone did a whole elaborate wedding by themselves and didn't take pictures, I would file that under "weird, but also harmless and none of my business".

15. Considering people throw lavish birthday parties for spoiled 16-year olds or even an infant whom won't remember the birthday anyway, some even do such things for their pets. Weddings and such. It all depends on the people there, and if you have fun, you shouldn't feel silly about it at all! I think it would be so much fun! I'd definitely attend something like that even though my husband would probably think it's pointless, he'd still take me and listen to me tell stories and such. It'd be a nice way for people to socialize, set up photoshoots in larger scales (depending on how many dolls are there) and plenty for photostories. Doing it by yourself and for fun is also fine too, it's just playing pretend.

Also, the challenge of making a mini wedding cake could be a fun experience in it's own. I love making mini food-stuffs, made mini 'cakes' for my gerbils when i was younger (made with flour and milk and a little egg, nothing that could harm them of course, decorated with food color and edible flowers and junk) for their birthday. Anything that makes your spirit feel happy is healthy for you!

16. I used to go to BJD wedding ceremony before. They have everythings like actual wedding: formal outfit, best man, guests, wedding arch, wedding cake, exchange ring, bouquet tossing, gift for guests etc.

It is really nice and fun but I can't see myself do something like this because I know those owners have to put a lot of time, effort, money to make this happend. They have to prepare so many things, really huge and hard works.

I would love to set wedding photoshoots like my dolls dress as bride and groom but not wedding ceremony. Anyway, I think this is a really cute ideas. ^ ^

17. Heeee! I think that's an awesome idea, and you should totally do it. Like a bunch of others said, it would be great as a silly, wedding-themed meet-up. I would totally go to a dolly wedding x3

18. I used to marry off my Barbies all the time as a kid, so whatever, it's just another photostory theme as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't take it more seriously than that, though I'm sure others do.

19. I'm kinda "Meh, whatever" about it - it's far from a unique idea, if you search back through the Gallery. There have been many such meets. They're usually hosted by the owner of the bridal couple and seem a good excuse for a doll-meet and private party, as long as you don't get too OTT and Bridezilla about the whole thing. The dolls aren't going to care what flavour of cake you serve, after all.

20. Meh, I searched "Wedding" and I couldn't find anything...weird. But yeah, I just want it as a fun get together and I want to work it as a photostory as well. But since Iplehouse EIDs are hard to fit, I'm going to be encouraging guests to bring things for eachother/do a swap type thing. And this is meant as something silly, being a silly person myself. I was just wondering if anyone is just as silly and might be interested, that's all.