1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD Weddings, a unique idea, or just too much?

Dec 22, 2010

?
  1. Too much.

2. Thats a great idea! That's not too much at all!

3. Meh, your choice. Do what you want.

4. I don't know...I'd have to think about it.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Well all my dolls have their own persona/personalities as I am sure most other doll owners have for their dolls. I do it for fun so I can write stories about them. And most dolls are given their own living spaces with couches and dressers. Or some are treated like children that we have invested a lot of money in. Haha we treat our dolls as humans in quite a few ways
      So by all means, why not this too? If it will be fun and easy going where people can get as much into the theme as they want, then go for it. You will be able to play with the whole process and add new traditions and dress up yourself :)
      Get your doll friends and meetup partners to join and it will be a blast for everyone involved!

2. I would adore going to a dolly wedding! It would be so much fun as long as the wedding wasn't taken too seriously, it would be scarey if there was like a priest an like a whole ceremony! It would be a little pricey considering all of the food and the cake, but if you could afford it, it would be awesome!

3. When Mase gets here and Uzi gets her new body -I'll throwing them a wedding (with no priest- just a simple but gorgeously gothic ceremony) with cake and a vegetarian dinner made by yours truly!

4. I have done this very thing, and it's a heck of alot of fun.

I loved doing the costuming and the "scene", and it was a blast to have everyone bring their dolls dressed for a wedding celebration.
      We had loads of food, a cake, and lots of interesting/different/theme specific photo ops. Everyone had a super time.

It was so much fun, I may do it again at some point.

Here's a link to some pics from the one I held at my house.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-Album-(MANY-pictures)&highlight=Armand+Avril

5. Eh, I don't see how doing a dolly wedding is any different than all the other shoots we do with them, honestly. Might involve a little more work, but other than that? It's just fun.
      The only reason why I'm not gonna do that is because none of my boys is ever, ever, and again: ever gonna get married.

6. I'm always pretty "meh" about things. And honestly, when I first read this, I was pretty much thinking "wow, seriously?"

After giving it serious consideration, though, and reading through the responses, it does sound like a very fun idea. Especially if you could get together a group of like-minded people who are willing to run with the idea. It's still not exactly something I'd do for myself (as most of my characters/dolls are living in sin or waiting for their lover to come home), but if I were invited to such an event, I'd definite enjoy myself and the atmosphere. Heck, I'd probably be the doll owner who's doll came stag and is trying to just entertain him/herself by playing with the decorations or sampling the frosting before it's time.

7. From personal experience, I can tell you that the dolly weddings are an extreme amount of fun. My very first doll when I came back into the hobby wound up getting coupled with another doll, And I did do a little dolly wedding with a couple of friends (this was YEARS ago) They brought down their dolls and we set up a whole little ceremony, we had a ton of fun dressing and primping and setting up everything. (this was part of a sleep over with a wedding theme, first our dolly one then what we wanted for our own! And we had cookies <3)

I've since upgraded the female dolls body, and when I upgrade the males body (his is damaged) I plan to do a vowel renewal photo shoot, since after soooo many years i could definitely afford to make them NICE clothes instead if the shoddy ones I made back then.

I also do plan to do another wedding when i get my DZ megi, He'll marry my DZ girl ^_^. I don't see how it can be taken too seriously though, it's kinda like a fun challenge to creativity to me.
      If you want your dollies to get married, I'd say go for it. It's a lot of fun!

8. All I have to say on this matter is simply that dolls are meant to be played with. I think that in this hobby in particular we lose sight that while older people usually collect dolls to sit on shelves and look pretty, younger people play with dolls to the fullest. Most people are inbetween these age ranges on this forum. But with that said go ahead and play with your dolls, just don't get carried away with a doll wedding. I can't see how a wedding themed bjd meet is any different from a beach theme or a going to school theme like I've seen. Heck I was a teenager having pretend stuffed animal weddings when I hung over my friend's house. So yeah while your having good clean fun, just don't take it too far is what I'd advise.

9. I don't care what people do with their dolls...but at least I think it's original, I don't know any "married" doll xD

10. LOL...I used to have weddings for my barbies. So, why not a wedding for BJDs? As long as its not taken too seriously, I don't see the harm.

11. Too much for me, certainly, and I wouldn't attend something like that myself, but that shouldn't stop people who are into that sort of thing.

12. Doll weddings have been popular for centuries. There are many examples in doll museums. I have personally been to or set up half a dozen doll weddings - I really enjoy making clothes and tiny cakes and flowers. I was able to get many wonderful pictures. This is a link to the post in the Gallery of my doll's wedding:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?170850-Hazel-and-Elidor-are-married!&highlight=lysander

I had a really good time setting it up, making gowns, and other props. Some were left over from a previous doll wedding too. The cake was an actual wedding cake - and it was less expensive than a birthday cake!! I love wedding cake, and it was delicious - ahh excuses :). I made all the tiny cakes - really easy too! Just Sarah Lee pound cake and cookie cutters with canned frosting heated and poured over them.

It does make a wonderful theme for a doll meet! This was also the Halloween meet, so there was a Halloween photo-op set up on one end of the room too - I have a lovely SD coffin and pumpkins set up. It was all at the local library, and everyone had a great time! Plus we all got to eat cake!

13. If you want to have wedding for your dolls - please go ahead. I think it's quite interesting idea. Fact that you could do so many amazing photoshots is really great!

It should be taken into account that in many cases it's all about feelings. Some people get emotionally attached to their dolls (including me :sweat), so this can be a great experience for them. Meeting for people with common interests, who can create a small wedding party... why not? After all, you can organize it in so many different ways.

14. That would be so interesting. It's a doll meet theme. Very fascinating. But for me, if I was to do a real wedding for just dolls...well I'd be using money that could be spent for other things. I know they are like family but is it that worth it? I don't know, but for me it wouldn't be. i wouldn't mind just doing those child play weddings for my dolls. aha but that's my own opinion.

15. I think it sounds like fun! My friends and I are working on a cosplay wedding (the 'bride' and 'groom' aren't actually dating, but the bride had so much white fabric laying around and the 'groom' just happens to be the character that's matched with hers) just for fun that's really a party/photo shoot in disguise.

If you ever need to expand the guest list, I'm about two hours north of you! ^__^

16. I'll keep that in mind Jazz! Oh, and for everybody else, I've updated the original post.

17. Like everyone else has pretty much said... I think a wedding themed event would be different and fun. As long as it's not taken too seriously, like if the owner(s) hire a priest and such, I see nothing wrong with it. Congrats on deciding to go through with the wedding! I bet it'll be a very festive and fun event. ^^ Don't forget to take lots of pictures to post!

18. I voted for do what you like...they are your dolls :)

As rule of thumb I work to this…..…. “If you are comfortable doing it then it should be okay; if you are not comfortable then perhaps it is best not to do it”

But from experience I found a BJD wedding was brilliant, and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole episode which ended up in a themed a mini meet-up with some friends

http://www.eastleakehall.co.uk/?p=333

http://www.eastleakehall.co.uk/?p=339

And I also enjoy seeing wedding themed posts and threads :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

Have fun whatever you decide to do.....
      Edit: Just read your update...have fun!!!! :D

19. I have thought about it several times since a long ago and even took BJD pre-wedding photos, but never of a BJD wedding itself. I do not think it is too much. Why should it? Many people represent common activities and events through BJD. I cannot imagine a reason why this should be different. There is a fact which shows there are people who enjoy this idea as there are BJD wedding dresses and outfits on sale.

20. It is a good idea! :3nodding: I think there will be lots of fun with the dolls during the wedding ~ :cheer Great memories with the dolls! :sumomo: