1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD YouTube Channels

May 27, 2016

1. Following this conversation as this is a question I have too - there seems so many less than used to be about.

I'll second @Lavily in the comment above me though. I've watched her for a while and she's great *cheeky fan hi*.

I also like oneclay, KiwiNinamori BJD, Chaos World 60, also Lomi's Playgroud already mentioned, and Capricorn Makes who is not as often on but is still around and has some great ideas and projects on the go. And Satyrion Leafspar is someone I just found recently.

2. I found a fun channel named PinotNoirIcecreambar. Great character videos and unique DIYs.

Also- Thanks everyone I'm now subscribed to so many new channels! It's really filling the void. Keep 'em coming!

3. I have a channel! I do make videos for dolls other than BJDs, but BJDs are my favorite video subjects. I release a haul video every Tuesday, an unboxing every Thursday, a project video/tutorial every Saturday, and an occasional review/opinion video on Sundays.

4. I'm mostly active on IGTV (Instagram) but I also have a (deserted) channel on Youtube that I might revive if there's enough interest. Feel free to follow me. Once my newest additions arrive there will be box openings for sure.

Secret Souls

I like to follow a lot of people here and there but most of them are on IGTV. On Youtube there's Nicolle's Dream, PinotNoir, Lavilyday, Poupees, ...

5. I enjoy watching _s魚魚's channel on YouTube. She makes gorgeous resin eyes and I'd bought a few pairs from her. She recently created a new channel called _S魚魚 sfishfish_ and you may want to check them out because her videos are so informative. BTW she speaks Cantonese but she puts English subtitles under most of her videos. Enjoy!

6. So regret that for BJD related channel, I only watch and follow the channel of Volks. They're not so active, but sometimes I found some interesting clips there.
      Super Dollfie Official

7. If you guys don’t mind some self-promotion, I have a BJD channel with a bunch of videos on it. I haven’t made a video since January, but I plan on making a new one soon. It’s called “dxgirly likes BJDs”

8. #49 Fuailei, Oct 10, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    9. A couple suggestions in addition to the recommendations that have been made already:

Lomi's Playground on YouTube has been making videos for years and has a huge archive of BJD-related content. She is still active on YouTube and releases videos fairly regularly. She makes a variety of tutorial and project journal videos covering topics like customization and faceups, clothing drafting and sewing tutorials, and photography. She is very informative and educational, and tackles some really ambitious customization projects.

Xanthi on YouTube is a professional artist who does incredibly beautiful BJD faceups, along with other art content that is not always BJD-related. She does not exactly make tutorials, but she does share a lot of helpful information about the materials and techniques that she uses for her faceups.

KiwiNinamori, who goes by the same handle here on DOA, also makes great videos sharing her lovely BJD collection as well as frequent unboxings. I found her channel when I was searching for more information about a body that I was considering buying, and she had made a super informative video reviewing that body.

Good luck and I hope you find some channels that you enjoy!

10. I love RDean and RoseinTea’s channels! Not only are the dolls they work on beautiful, but the way the shoot their videos is gorgeous.

11. - My YouTube Channel: cian1675
      - What Type(s) of Videos I make:
      I have a few recurring series like BJD dress up (mostly for SD13-17 male dolls), my faceup log (talking about what I learn about doing faceups), chit chat videos where I talk about something related to the doll hobby, and lofi asmr with dolls.

I also occasionally make random videos with my dolls just for laughs (mine, usually, lol)

- YouTube Channel I Would Recommend:
      I've watched various channels but am picky about which I subscribe to, so I might not be subscribed to these channels but here's why I enjoy their videos:
      - Rdean - gorgeous faceup timelapses that provide insight on her faceup process and sometimes thought process. I enjoy it for both the technical skill and also ideas she come up with
      - Eta - faceup timelapses. Their videos are less sped up than rdean's so you can see more details in the process to learn what they do, but one downside is not all videos have english subtitles
      - NYMPHODISIAC - dress up videos with amazingly detailed and gorgeous outfits made by the owner herself. I don't own their clothing styles which are more foresty/fantasy (?) which is why I find it super fun to live vicariously by watching their dress up videos.

12. Reviving this thread to say, I came back to the hobby again after a bit, really sad to see so many people removed their videos or channels of course it is their right and I wouldn’t be mad at them. I just miss the memories and seeing all the dolls I used to adore when I was younger. Hopefully we can find more amazing channels (I see some already posted, as well as some that have stayed around for awhile!). I do wonder what happened to Denali wind, probably dropped the hobby but her channel and everything disappeared so that is rather sad! Anyways if I see more you tubers I’ll post them or sub to them if they are added here :D:chibi:bump

13. I really like Muñecas, Poupees, and Dolls. Her video on why BJDs are so expensive is really well thought out.

14. Going to be brave and link my yt channel here; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_uwAHviM8yk50XO5j5Eaxw
      It's been a while since my last video. I just kind of felt uninspired to make more videos because I just feel like I no longer liked the format. The interaction is limited and I just felt like the community was no longer making videos. I'm glad to see that there still are many active channels!
      I am diving into the vinyl dolls with my new doll so many I'll share this adventure. Not sure yet.

Meanwhile I fear most channels I was subscribed to have already been mentioned. I have subscribed to some that I hadn't come across yet so there's that!

15. Just popping in to share my YouTube channel:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIun2hl6JV6-tUfym5WtNIQ

I made a few videos a couple years ago, but then didn't have any content for a bit. I made it one of my 2021 goals to post regularly! I'm aiming for once a week, but it really depends on if I have things to share or not! As it happens right now, I just uploaded a box-opening today, and have already filmed a few more things, so it's looking good for me keeping it going this year!

This is my most recent video, a box opening of a new doll I just received the other day!

#57 jennil, Feb 17, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    16. Ahh I guess I should also post my channel! I only have one video so far, and the channel also focuses on lolita fashion, but I'll be posting various unboxings and doll chats over the next few months!

17. Recently I've found '모란배필Dollyhouse'. Its a Korean youtube channel run by a couple who also run a doll cafe called Dollyhouse in Seoul. They do doll reviews and check out other doll stores in Korea. They also have a podcast called 'Dolly Radio'. Some videos have English subtitles but many do not. Almost all of them have Korean subtitles though.
      I recommend it to those who understand Korean or who want to know more about the BJD hobby in Korea.

18. Thank you for this thread! I am always looking for more BJD collectors to follow and watch.

- My YouTube Channel: DollieLovex3
      - What Type(s) of Videos I make:
      My channel is focused on all doll collecting. I collect BJDs, realistic reborn dolls, Blythe and MGA Entertainments Fashion doll 'Rainbow High'.