1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD'S FASHION

May 27, 2017

?

BJDS' PROJECT FASHION

Poll closed Dec 30, 2017.
  1. African fashion

7 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Animal themed wear

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Bollywood/Asian fashion

21 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. Fantasy/Science Fiction/Steampunk/Cyberpunk

44 vote(s)
    53.0%
  5. Haute couture/Evening wear

19 vote(s)
    22.9%
  6. Japanese street fashion (Lolita, Mori, etc.)

38 vote(s)
    45.8%
  7. Punk, goth & grunge

25 vote(s)
    30.1%
  8. Rave/club wear

7 vote(s)
    8.4%
  9. School/work wear

19 vote(s)
    22.9%
  10. Vintage/Retro (1920s to 20 year bef. now)

37 vote(s)
    44.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Awesome!! I am sketching some fantady/punk desgins right now!! I'd love to swap ideas sometime!! :dance

2. I have a long list of cosplay items to make, a couple steampunk outfits, & some vintage suits. I've finished most of the street wear for my crew but still need some evening wear (specifically several suits for my guys....)

3. Goodness I hear you!! I am designing a lot of stuff in preparation for my first BJD!! I am so excited, but as a sewing novice, I am a bit fearful!!

4. Del's pretty staunchly Edwardian (for now) but I'm curious about doll scale African wax prints. I'd also love a regional/folk costume theme.

5. I'm a sucker for traditional Asian attires, like the Korean Hanbok, Chinese Hanfu, Japanese Kariginu and Jinbei so I'd really love to try my hands at those, but other than the Japanese Yukata I've never tried making other traditional attires. I do have a few outfit-making projects lined up but as always I'm such a procrastinator so I never got around to working on them LMAO. I'm just a beginner though, so my sewing is all over the place, especially since traditional attires are really too complicated for me, and I tend to design whatever the heck I like without considering all the historically correct stuff (like which era which specific attire design is from) or even dress-making basics like the cuttings and such. But I'd still be happy if the outfits I make for my boys have some "resemblance" to the traditional ones.

There's also one or two cosplay outfits I might love to recreate but hunting the materials for it is such a pain.

I also like sewing random cute girls dresses with no specific theme in mind but I hardly get to sew because every time, laziness gets in the way LOL! :eek:

6. That sounds gorgeous!! Traditional grab always steals my heart no matter where it is from! :whee:

7. I love sewing for my dolls and designing new patterns, at the moment my favorite item i there colour blocked hoodies.

8. I want to make boho/gypsy/peasant somewhat flower child looks. Layered skirts. Peasant tops. With a nod to East Indian ethnic looks. I have picked up a lot of items from my local thrift store with amazing beading and embroidery. Even though a crime, I plan to chop them and use them for doll clothes.

9. Oh cool! I'd love to see some examples of your work!! I am just starting out with sewing doll clothes so it is always fun to find different styles of doll clothing!

10. As someone who wears all types of Japanese street fashion, all my dolls have to wear it too! It's such a huge part of my life that now I can't picture me or my dolls without it.

11. I voted for all the above! lol
      I'm all for any type of fashion for dolls!
      That's the beauty of this, you can make any doll that you want to make.

I have a few dolls that don the certain categories that were listed.

Rafael (Arvid from Iplehouse) He is more of a sporty, casual dresser. Does wear a nice suit once in a while

Clive (Mini Fee Shiwoo from luts) He is a chameleon. He does drag so he wears it all pretty much!

Vera (Bee-a from Dream of Doll) She is a pop star so she likes be on trend whether it would be street or couture.

Claudius (too from dream of doll) He is a in a punk band so he rocks the punk street style.

Fidel (u from dream of doll I think) He is young so he is still discovering what he likes. Right now he is kind of a skater boy.

Leonie (mini chiwoo girl from delf) She likes to wear Lolita/gothic look.

12. I would likely do something science fiction/fantasy. Dr. Horrible, perhaps, to get the inner geek out.

13. I also can't really describe it.. I decided to just go by 'special'.
      I want my dolls to wear anything that's not casual and seen on the streets frequently.
      I like pretty, frilly dresses. I like medieval clothes. I love fantasy and steampunk inspired outfits. I love elfish clothes. Yeah, anything that's 'different' than the clothes I would usually wear outside would do.

14. This is interesting! :lol:
      I voted for both "haute couture/evening wear" as well as "school/work wear." This year, I actually have plans to make really mature outfits for my dolls which border between haute couture and "proper" casual evening wear. Among my plans are a tailored suit for the Timeless body, as well a clean work/evening wear look for my large SD girl. I'm currently in the inspiration/photo collecting process and it's quite exciting! Hope it turns out just as I imagine it ;)

15. If I could, I'd make both haute couture/evening wear and animal-themed wear. My doll family (in theory) are both highly elegant yet they are also warriors so their styles flip depending on the situation. Lots of fur and minimal clothing paired with silk and glitter is what they're all about.

I'd make their own clothing if I ever decided to purchase a sewing machine. Hand-sewing is just not my thing. :sweat

16. Right now my only interest is in slouchy Mori Kei stuff, because it fits the Lewk I want. But if I get better at hand-sewing I'd be down for some Rockabilly and Bobby Soxer looks. IRL I tend to look like a Bobby Soxxer, so I can now be uncanny and match Annix's lewks to mine.