1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJDs with their own social media?

Jan 25, 2018

1. Two of mine have FB pages and I have a FB page for our 1:4 (unoa gang) but I don't really enjoy FB that much so I don't post on them very much. I'm thinking of a dedicated doll Instagram but currently not from the POV of any particular doll. None of our character voices have really 'stepped up' to narrate either their own story or to chronicle for our dolls in general. It would be interesting to have a chronicler or spokesperson character who is the main storyteller for the whole gang, I think. Maybe they could be the part-time voice for a doll Instagram account. That's probably how I would do it.

2. I created a Facebook account for one of my dolls :) I think he had six or seven friends, all friends of mine who knew I had a bjd and happened to like him. But I wasn't very good about updating his page, posting statuses and photos and stuff--part of the issue being I was too lazy to log out of my own account and log into his :sweat Now he just has a Facebook page that I manage, and people can follow him. I still don't post for him very often. . . I should try doing a once-a-week thing, at least. . .

3. I don’t have any social media accounts set up for my dolls but that does sound like a neat idea! It certainly does appeal to me because I think it could be quite fun.

I would consider starting one each for my dolls and I guess why I haven’t is because I never really thought about it! ... and I’ll probably take forever to get one set up out of laziness/need to have the right pictures to post right away. :sweat

4. I had a Facebook account for Saito Ikegami, but it is not allowed. Facebook banned the account together with my "real" account.

5. My Lumedoll Blaze, Liam, has his own Instagram account - @extra_large_adventures

Liam is small, and he's easy to take to different places, so I thought it'd be a fun idea to make him an IG of his own. It's an in-character IG, but people really don't seem to get it, sadly. They leave comments for me, not "for Liam" and then seem confused when Liam "replies" in first-person. I have this same problem with the in-character IG that I have for an off-topic doll. It's a bit frustrating, but not enough to stop me from having the in-character accounts.

6. I'm planning on making a personal Instagram for one or two of my dolls when they have more clothes (i'm new in the hobby) as if they are the ones managing the account. (Right now I have my personal ig and a dolly ig where i post dolly things)

7. They don't have their own social media but my media is all about themwww, so they don't have to care about having a media website their own

8. I wouldn’t make their own FB page or anything, but I made a separate Instagram because I don’t want to share their pictures with everyone who follows me on my regular Instagram. I’m currently hiding my doll hobby like a dirty secret from most people lol

9. 1. Do any of your dolls have their own social media accounts like real people (such as one of your dolls having their own Instagram account)?
      My resins don't (though I did give Yukio control of my LJ for a few days way back when), but they do get to appear on my SmartDoll's Instagram from time to time.

2. If yes, why did this appeal to you? If not, why not? How do you feel about it? Would you ever consider starting one?
      I thought the idea itself was interesting. I think that for me personally it's also a sort of RP-lite. I really like RPing, but I generally don't have the long-term concentration/emotional-stamina to keep it up. With a doll's instagram I get to play with a character without having to worry about leaving someone hanging.

3. Have you had any bad, good, or funny experiences that arised from your BJD having their own account?
      So far so good I guess? I found some cool people to follow, got more followers than I thought I'd get, and sometimes people comment, which is always cool :D
      Did have one person comment who I think didn't quite get that this was a doll-perspective account and thought I had a RL dolly-sponsor. No, sorry, just me sponsoring my doll on his adventures :sweat

10. None of my dolls have a sns account, but I really want to make one for each of them because it seems like fun. But first I need to make more clothes for them so they'll seem more like "real people" and I need to give two of them faceups and redo another doll's face because winter just won't go away!!! It's April, but you'd never be able to tell the difference between now and January, since it won't quit snowing every few days. :sigh:vein
      If and when I make accounts for my dolls whether they're twitter, Facebook, Insta, etc, I think the most fun would be how motivating it would be to make new clothes for my dolls and all the pictures with stories I could tell. I'd also love to be able to interact with other dolls' pages too.