1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. Try looking at Dollzone B60-005, it is a really nice body and Aishat head looked great on it.
      I do like dolls with relatively small heads though.

2. brilliant!!! I will have a look to see how the hybrid looks :3. This research is fun! is defo making me consider bodies that I never really looked at! Do you have a link to Aishat?

3. it was earlier in this thread, here - Black Cherry Doll =)

4. Took my Ichigo head out to play today, with borrowed body, hair and eyes. Tentatively naming her Midori :)
      The eyes are 14mm acrylic with small iris.
      My head is fairy skin on supia body. the body has a bit more of a yellow undertone than the head, but it is not an awful match. Very easy to cover with a faceup I would think!

[​IMG]
      by draw-my-heart-on, on Flickr

5. @sahoma Your Ichigo is already nice looking! The match looks not bad at all.

6. @sahoma thank you so much for putting this photo! :abow:
      I'm actually waiting for the new supia 60 ballerina body for my ichigo head (that I'm also waiting to receive), so this was super helpful! I couldn't find any examples of blackcherry+supia hybrid and kind of went for it because I loved that new body, so I'm super happy to see that the match is decent and that the head fits good in that neck size.

7. @Follow-the-Wind thank you! :)
      @Gynure honestly the head looked too small at first, but with the wig on it fits nicely! The ballerina body seems generally bigger than the single joint though, but hopefully it fits! Please post pictures I really wanna see!

8. @sahoma Oh really? I personally didn't like much the look of the ichigo head with the moe body's neck, it looked too thin of a neck to me, maybe with the supia it would be ideal if it was ever so slightly smaller but overall I prefer the look of it a lot more, looks more realistic to me personally.
      The ballerina body has very similar measurements to the single jointed (more similar to the original double jointed). The neck and the shoulder width is actually a bit smaller than in the single jointed (while bust, waist and hips are bigger), going by the measurements on the website that is.
      I hope it fits well though, you never know 100% until you try it. I will post photos when I receive head and body! :)

9. Ok so a few bodies here. I am gonna make my cherry a boy so my research has just begun. But for those of you who are curious I have some bodies here I have tested.
      Angel studio butter skin. Perfect fit in neck and body proportions. No match in color.

[​IMG]

2019-09-10_07-32-32

Souldoll double 60cm. Neck is HUGE and the muscles drown the head.

IMG_20190905_114505_534

[​IMG]

Finally supia. Color match is not amazing. Again neck is big and head looks small. Maybe changes when with a wig, but I don't like the look.

IMG_20190905_103736_374

So! right now I know the boy body I will need is going to have to be around the 60 to 63 cm (with head on). Slim musculature and with a neck around 7.8 to 8.2 cm.

[​IMG]

10. Angell Studio pink skin is a good match for my normal skin Kaorin head. I will try to get a picture later.

11. This is my Eirlys, she is perfect for me
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Does anyone know if the Ichigo Head fits on DollZone (NB58-002) Body? Or if she fits a 7.1cm neck circumference.

Or does anyone know if she fits on the Dream Valley B65-01 body (8.3cm)

Thank you in advance, Karamiah

13. @KaramiahS Going by the measurements I would say the Dollzone one might be too small but the Dream Valley one could be ok? Ichigo head has a neck size of 8.4cm technically (I don't have my head yet, but that's the measurement I was given by Black Cherry Dolls when I asked). She seems to fit bigger neck sizes pretty well (like Dollshe Diana's body that according to the website is a body with a 10cm neck girth). But it might be too loose for a 7.1cm neck?
      She was made originally to fit Fairyland's Feeple Moe body. When looking for bodies I like to take the measurements of that one and see how they compare to the one I'm interested in so that way I know the proportions will fit similar or the closest to that one.
      I have a 43cm Planetdoll with similar measurements in neck and shoulders to the Dollzone body. If you want I can take photos when I receive the head so you can get an idea of the proportions (I should receive my Ichigo in a couple of days or so).

14. I also chose and ordered the Supia ballerina body for my BC head Kaorin (almost the same size as Ichigo). I am really looking forward to seeing how this looks, I hope the neck size is ok. If you want to see a beautiful hybrid of a Kaorin head on the Supia double jointed body, check @tekkonkinkreet out. Her Freddie Verde is gorgeous.

15. @Tureluur Thank you for the recommendation! I follow her on instagram, but didn't know Freddie's body was a supia one!
      I'm also hoping the neck size and all works well with the ballerina body, can't wait to receive it. I'm hoping supia doesn't take too long.

16. @Gynure Hi, thank you so much. I would love to see her on the planet doll body.

17. My head arrived a couple days ago, so here I bring some photos with the planetdoll body @KaramiahS
      Generally it is too small. For reference, the Planetdoll body has a neck of 7.5cm, shoulder width of 9cm. The Dollzone body you mentioned has a 7.1cm neck and also a 9cm shoulder width. The rest of measurements are different since the Planetdoll is a 1/4 size after all (although they are close in waist as well). That being said she has a very big head circumference for that size, it's actually bigger than Ichigo's as you can see in the first photo.
      Here some reference photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She looks too short in the neck, I don't have a neck doughnut to try if that way if would look better. Overall I would say that mainly because of the shoulder width the head looks too big. My boyfriend saw me taking the photos and said she looked like Lord Farquaad :doh:XD:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      Despite the size she can move the head pretty decently. But as you can see the hole is way bigger in the head and makes the neck sink into it. Also worth mentioning that the head has a decent/big hole to put the elastic through what also means that with a smaller neck the hook could potentially move out of place (even though it does have the markings to hold it in place like all heads (hope I'm making sense)).

So generally, unless you're looking specifically for the look of bigger head to body I wouldn't go for anything smaller than the recommended measurements (as in, those of the Fairyland Moe's body). I think that even though her head is not too big for a 1/3 doll, her jaw line does make it look bigger and the profile goes down what also could make some necks look a bit shorter even if the neck hole is spot on.

18. Ive been lurking here for a little while now, and ive finay got my ichigo head a body! The color match is so spot on i just have to share it!
      Hes going to be a boy, and i actually think the proportions worked out better than expected!
      His head doesnt move super well, but well enough for me to work with, and it could just be tight stinging.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

19. @sahoma oops, i was so excited to post i forgot to mention what body i got. Hes on the dollmore youth adam body!