1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. I think shipping from Russia is slow. I'm in th US so I am never sure if it is Russia or New York that is the slow spot. Maybe it's both.

2. I agree on Russian post taking a long time. But also New York customs is very slow, in my experience. I've had parcels that I've sent to the US taking as many as 6 weeks, the majority of that time just languishing in NY customs! :/

3. My Ichigo head that I received in october took about a week to arrive here in the UK. I imagine it's a pretty similar delivery time around Europe (?) unless it gets stuck in customs.

4. I had one liitle package sit for so long that the Russian artist offered to refund my money. I told her we shoukd give it a couple more weeks and it showed up on the tracking again. It sat some where for more than thirty days.

5. I bought my Ichigo Head second hand from Eastern USA and I am from Western Canada. Shipping took 5 days on the cheapest tracked option

6. I got my Xiao Yu today but it seems none of the eyes I have at home fit all that well. Am I right in thinking that she needs fairly low-dome eyes?

7. I haven't tried eyes in my Xiao Yu yet but I haven't found any BJD that works well with high domed eyes.

8. My Xiao Yu arrived today, she is gorgeous, her faceup is perfect! She took 15 days from Russia.
      I'm still waiting for her body so I photographed her really quickly with my phone, I put the head on my Volks SD Midi body just for the photos, and funnily enough, the Volks Sunlight skin is a really good match for her Copper resin.

In the meantime, if anyone is on the fence about ordering an Elf body from Dollstown, they are currently on sale on their site, they have 20% off at the moment, so the bodies that were $370 are now down to $296!!! The discount runs from now until the 7th December!

Edited to ask: Anyone who has the Xiao Yu head, what size eyes are you using please? The artist suggests 12-14mm with 6mm iris on Instagram but the idea of that size seems very big for the eye opening. I'm temporarily using a pair of cheap acrylic eyes as they're all I've got that fit, so need to order some more and want to get the sizing just right.

[​IMG]Quick phone photos of my new arrival... by Sharon, on Flickr

#228 dambuster01, Nov 27, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    9. Has anyone tried Kaorin or Ichigo on an iplehouse nYID girl body?
      I always thought it seemed massive (having never seen one in person), but I recently saw a picture of a zaoll head on it and with modded neck the proportions look pretty good so I'm hopeful about BCdolls :)

10. Did you ever get a body for her? Which did you pick?

Is this Zaoll Muse body?

#232 LillithLorraine, Dec 21, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2019
    11. There is only one Zaoll body. The Muse refers to the head sculpt.

12. Oh. Thank you. Good to know!!! :)

13. Hilariously I actually really love the board shoulder look for her. I just picked up my own Xiao Yu but it will be a little bit before she comes home since she's getting a new face up first. Now to try and figure out the perfect body in the mean time.

14. The shoulders look ok but isn't the head a bit too large for this body?

15. @AlmySidaKay @Tureluur the shoulders are fine. It’s the really skinny neck that’s weird.
      It is technically a good fit for the neck-hole, but it is very skinny looking and then her shoulders are normal.

16. I could see that. I figured mine was going to be one of those more lithe girls so I'm thinking that something with a skinny neck like that would work great for me.

17. Hello! Does anyone have feedback to bodies for Xiao Yu in copper? I think some of you have gotten the elf in copper oriental but wanted to know what you thought before I ordered my body. Thank you!!