1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. @Guavaplant I've bought mine the dollstown elf in copper oriental and I'm pretty happy with it. Match is not 100% perfect (body in more pink) but nothing a blush can't fix.

2. I just received my body last week, after a six month wait though! I am happy with it now, the colour match is near on perfect. I was a bit unsure at first but I think that was because I’d initially had the head on my Volks SDMidi body (I think it’s called sunlight resin) and suddenly she seemed awfully grown up on the DT Elf body. But now I’m getting used to it so I like how long and gangly she now seems. I am on my phone now but will post some photos of her later for you to see what you think. I can take some nude ones too if you’d like to see the resin match.

3. That's really good to hear that blushing can help as well. Thank you for the feedback!

Pictures would be amazing! Most of the pictures of xiao yu were in the neutral/white tone so it would be great to see the actual comparison. This is my first time trying a "hybrid" doll (although tech I know the company had designed xiao yu with the elf body in mind) so a bit nervous haha

#243 Guavaplant, Feb 24, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2020
    4. [QUOTE Pictures would be amazing! Most of the pictures of xiao yu were in the neutral/white tone so it would be great to see the actual comparison. This is my first time trying a "hybrid" doll (although tech I know the company had designed xiao yu with the elf body in mind) so a bit nervous haha[/QUOTE]

What I've done is take some photos of her but not nude, but I thought that these ones would still give you a good idea of the colour match. These are all taken outside but in the shade. I've put some other fully clothed photos on my Flickr ( Sharon ) and if I remember rightly they're taken in the sunshine and you can see the colour of both the head AND the body looks slightly more tanned in that light, but the colour in general is very nice and creamy and is quite a light tan. The body, as @Follow-the-Wind says above, is slightly more pinky than the Black Chery head but it's still a very good match. I hope these help :)

[​IMG]

5. What I've done is take some photos of her but not nude, but I thought that these ones would still give you a good idea of the colour match. These are all taken outside but in the shade. I've put some other fully clothed photos on my Flickr ( Sharon ) and if I remember rightly they're taken in the sunshine and you can see the colour of both the head AND the body looks slightly more tanned in that light, but the colour in general is very nice and creamy and is quite a light tan. The body, as @Follow-the-Wind says above, is slightly more pinky than the Black Chery head but it's still a very good match. I hope these help :)

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

she is so beautiful, wow. I can see what you mean by "more pink" but for sure, the skin tone matches pretty well to the head and now I feel pretty confident about it. thank you so much for your help!! 6 month wait it is

6. oh my God she is amazing!

7. [​IMG]

This is the post! OMG I really want an Ichigo, and they do layaway too. And Fairy Normal is a close match to Fairyland so finding a body wouldn't be too difficult. ARGH

8. Ugh I didn't realize they had an open eye version of Aishat. I love her so much but I have no money! Why...

9. What mm size eyes/iris do you recommend for the cookie dolls like Brownie? I have a 4.5"-5" wig that fits well, but the style is wrong for her. Is there a great site for that size wig? I found some of the curvy barbie clothes might fit the top, but what size will fit the bottom and any resources for that?

10. I've finally gotten my act together and made a few pictures of my Xiao Yu, who has been waiting for this dollstown body to arrive. It's an absolutely gorgeous little face and I'm eager to do it justice!

[​IMG]

11. Thank you @kir I hope you're keeping safe and well. xx

It's a really great body, isn't it @arienh I love the lines of it and it's perfect with the head.

12. Here is my Xiao Yu again! You can't see the resin difference with her body anymore with the faceup I did on her XD

[​IMG]

13. How tall is that dollstown body/ which body is it?

14. I think I'm finally committing to getting a Dollstown body for my Xiao Yu! Thank you everyone for all your posts, I looked over all the different options and love the flatter chest and proportions of the original Black Cherry suggestion. But i've been dragging my heels on purchasing! Can't wait to update when I start putting her together and giving her a faceup :)

15. I finally got my girl all together. She's a Xiao Yu on a Dollstory body. The head is NS and the body is WS but somehow it just seems to work together. I named her Kassandra, and she's a kitsune.

[​IMG]

16. I just ordered a Dollstown elf body for my Xiao Yu! How long a wait should I expect?

17. i would also love to know!!

18. I have also jumped on the order train for a Dollstown Elf body for my Xiao Yu, in copper oriental. I've had my head since last year, so finally going to get her put together. When I ordered a Dollstown 18yr boy boy before it took a few months, but that was a few years ago, so no clue what the current wait time would be.