1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. Thank you!

2. Isn't that the one that is recommend for most of the heads?

3. Yes I have learned it is haha

5. She looks gorgeous even unpainted. Beautiful sculpt!

6. More Charlie! Thank you to everyone who has commented and complimented her. I absolutely love this girl. I'm so amazed at how well the Aishat sculpt works for Charlie. She's perfect.
      [​IMG]Tea Time by Tatterpunk, on Flickr

7. Xiao yu head use 6-7 size wigs?? Or MSD size wigs? I’m confused!

Thanks!

8. I recently fell in love with the Kaorin sculpt and was thinking of going with Dollstown like everyone else. How close is the resin match?

9. I am curious for some definitive information on this as well. On the website it says the head is 17.5cm which puts it at ~6.9 inches, so 6-7 should work. I unfortunately don't know enough about MSD sizes to know if just searching for MSD sized wigs would be sufficient.

I placed an order for a Xiao Yu head about a month ago, and it was supposedly in New York / JFK as of last week, but haven't seen any movement since. The tracking hasn't registered for USPS yet though, so I'm not sure if it did make it to the States yet.

I too want to know how well the resin matches as well. I went ahead and ordered the Dollstown body in Fresh for my Xiao Yu head. I believe Harucasting does BCD's casting, I wonder if there are any owner pictures around. Also, I recall reading that Dollshe (who casts Dollstown based on what I've found others have mentioned) has changed their resin colors a bit... so that might be another variable to consider if you order a newer body.

Information is always changing in this hobby! Hopefully in the next few months I can share some pictures!

10. In terms of Dollshe and Black Cherry, I can say that at one point I owned some of their Aishat heads in Normal skin and they were a very close match to Dollshe Fresh (maybe even perfect, but it was some time ago that I had a Dollshe body so I don't remember exactly).

It is true that Dollshe has changed some of their colors - I think Fresh/Oriental/etc. are pinker now than they used to be, so that might be a problem. I believe I saw comparisons between the new and old colors somewhere, but I can't find them now (I'm sorry!).

Edited to add: I found this link (related to 5th Motif) that seems to show some hands in the new/old colors.
      Hyun Seok Cho

This might be helpful as well:
      https://denofangels.com/threads/dollshe-oriental.816733/#post-12768654

If Fresh skin is also pinker like Oriental, it might be a bit pink for Black Cherry "Normal," which is a beautiful natural pale "pink" skin color. But if it isn't darker than the previous versions, perhaps blushing or some natural yellowing would help the colors match.

#330 StellaMarigold, May 4, 2021
      Last edited: May 4, 2021
    11. I can attest to the statement @StellaMarigold made. The Aishat heads - those particular ones- in normal work very well on the older Dollshe Fresh I have. That's what I have miss Charlie on. . she is in fact the exact heads mentioned. Dollshe Fresh though has definitely changed a couple times. I have some older that looks a little pink, some that looks more of a cream color, and the newest one (from early this year) which is a bit more like the older pinkish again. I feel like it must just change from batch to batch >__>.

12. Ha, yes! @TatterPunk has the heads I once owned (and I can't remember if I said it before, but they look absolutely lovely with their new faceups!).

That's unfortunate about the batches changing! I guess it is quite natural, but it sure makes hybriding difficult.

13. Jumping in to say I have a Xiao Yu head on a Dollmore Zaoll body, and her head is teeny. She can wear a 6/7 wig; a 7/8 is a bit big.

14. Dropping by with a picture of my Ichigo :)

[​IMG]
      Sans titre
      by draw-my-heart-on, sur Flickr

I'm wondering, does anyone have a picture of Xiaoyu and Ichigo together? It seems they wear the same wig size (6-7) but I always got the impression Xiaoyu had a smaller face than Ichigo!

15. On Instagram, a user has two comparative photos where they are next to each other, offset a bit. [Photo 1, Photo 2] Their faces look similarly sized to me. For me, Xiao Yu reads younger which is partly why I'm trying to see if I can put her on the Dollstown 7yr body. It might not work, but I wanted her to be more a child than a teenager in my collection.

16. I wonder if anybody has a reference pic of an Ichigo head on a Fantasia doll body?

17. My Xiao Yu! Her name is Shoko

[​IMG]

18. @Miyu - Shoko is lovely! I really like the wingtip eyeliner she’s rocking.

My Xiao Yu arrived two days ago after a little under 7 weeks in transit from Russia to the US. Not too shabby. I’ve secured her faceup slot with an artist in June. I hope her body arrives from Dollstown by August. She’s on my MYOU big baby body for now. Here she is with her parents. Sorry for the poor lighting.

[​IMG]

19. I have a Xiou Yu head coming. Any suggestions for a body? I want her to be more Young Adult/Teenager than child-like.

20. I feel like when I was researching my options, most people have Xiao Yu on the Dollstown Elf body [official Flickr] (~52.5cm) which is the body that the sculptor had in mind when creating the head. When I look for #dollstownelf on Instagram, there are a lot of Xiao Yu heads as well to give you an idea. I've heard other options are the Dollmore Zaoll body (~52cm) or Fairyland 60cm lines [Fairyline or Feeple60] (~54cm). Hope that gets you started!