1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. Wow, all these hybrids are amazing to see! And hi everyone, I thought I'd stop lurking for a change to show you my Kaorin. :) She's on a Souldoll Zenith body, which is an incredible match! The color is super similar, and I love the proportions.
      I can make some full body pictures for anyone else who is thinking about a 65+ cm hybrid!
      [​IMG]

2. I went with Fresh for the body since that's what Black Cherry Dolls said was a good match for their NS. The copper color was sold out when I was looking to buy my head.

@CorpseOfBeauty - your Kaorin is gorgeous! I especially like the little sakura branch makeup on around her eyes. :love

3. Thank you so much! I'm super happy with how it turned out. I was actually going for Winterberry (red sprite) for her, but I think I should've made the berries more obvious. It's such a challenge to get the tiny details right! :doh

I'm really curious about the hybrid you're working on, too! I can't wait until you get the body home. I definitely need to see pictures! :love

4. Lovely! Looking forward the pics!

5. I received my Black Cherry Ichigo today! I ordered her in the fairy resin tone for an 11 year old Elfdoll body. The body is slightly more yellow, but not too bad considering how old it is!

[​IMG]

6. Thank you for sharing this hybrid! I'm surprised how well it fits, it's great to see Ichigo on taller bodies. Well, taller than under 60cm anyway. Too bad all the feedback I've heard about the company really doesn't make me want to order from them...

I ended up with an old super gem body for my Ichigo. It's not a perfect match, especially the colour, but it works surprisingly ok. :'D I'm still colour matching them but I hope I'll get to share some pics soon!

7. @midget16 - I really like her proportions! Ichigo would make a great "older sister" to Xiao Yu.

@Lefrin - I look forward to you sharing your Ichigo.

I got my tracking for my DT7 body, so these might be the last photos of Saffron on the MYOU BB body.

[​IMG]

#367 VeraLyne, Sep 15, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    8. Apologies for the double post, but the bodies finally made it home!

@Azali - here they are. DT7 and DT Elf with Xiao Yu OE and Moon heads. Sorry about the poor lighting, but I can take more photos if needed.

[​IMG]

#368 VeraLyne, Sep 30, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    9. I really like Xiao Yu on the DT7 body!

10. Congrats on the new body!) Oh yes it actually looks really nice on the DT7 body as well. The head doesn't look too big at all, that was my main concert tbh

11. I just got my Ichigo head today! A spontaneous choice to see if I truly *like* SD size, or not.
      This is my second and most *serious* foray into SD size and I'm 100% in love with her. I am forsaking all other dolls for her right now! ;)

I'm looking at a Supia Ballerina body (after going through many), but I also saw mention of Feeple60 Moeline bodies. Does anyone actually have that hybrid?

I think I'm trying to have it all ^_^' proportions, aesthetics and posing!

12. Oh hee! Congrats on the new arrival. By weird coincidence my Ichigo also materialised today - couldn't resist the company face-up, since Mayakdolls, the artist Black Cherry Dolls works with does gorgeous stuff with the lips/brows that I couldn't hope to match with my paltry skills. The sculpt and face-up are both lovely, and I'm ridiculously pleased now that this character is now finally halfway to being shelled.

Hrmm - hybrid/proportions-wise... I've seen the Instagram bodies shots, and in hand Ichigo seems approximately the same sort of scale as Rainman Blina? And my Blina's on a Dollstown 17 body - with, 9cm neck, 12.5cm shoulders, which is one of the example bodies... I'm leaning towards the Doll Family A 68cm body for this girl, since similar 9cm neck, 12cm shoulders type deal - anyone able to hazard opinions on if that seems like a good fit?

13. [​IMG]Ireena by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

here is her head on a feeple60!

14. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much, this helps a lot! <3
      I love the skintone of yours!

15. I've bought both Ichigo and Kaorin yesterday! I don't know on wich bodies I will put them - and I won't buy some before months- but I like a lot Moon on DT17. I wonder if Kaorin will look as good. I find the head a little too... little on BlackCherry's pictures.

16. My Xiao Yu head in normal is on the way, and I’d like to put her on a Dollzone body. Does anyone have advice on which resin color would be the best match? ETA: I see some previous posters in this thread have used Dollzone bodies, but I’m still torn whether peach or normal pink would be the better match

#377 aliquotiens, Nov 7, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    17. There is an Aishat head on Dollzone body pic here in the thread somwhere, it was normal pink and the match was near perfect)

18. Here it is, It's the male body but the skin match looks good!

19. Thank you so much! That’s just about a perfect match to me - will definitely try the Normal Pink rather than Peach.