1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cherry Doll

Jun 14, 2014

1. Just dropping a photo of my new Ichigo head here (Oriental resin), she arrived a couple of days ago and I'm absolutely obsessed.

[​IMG]

The eyes are some I had from my minifee and aren't a great size as there is a bit of gaping but she still looks so beautiful.
      Wig was made by me a year or so ago (only my 2nd attempt at making a wig so I plan on making her a better one for her final look)

I hope to be back here soon with a full body pic of her when I can afford to get her one. :kitty1

2. She's super pretty!

3. I've only recently discovered Black Cherry dolls - they're all so lovely!
      I just bought an Ichigo head second hand and she's gorgeous!

After a fair amount of reading through this thread I think I'm going to go with a Supiadoll body. Mostly because I have a Supiadoll and I tried Ichigo's head on it and it's not too bad. I think the head does look a tad small, but I like her better on the Supiadoll than the FeePle60 Moe.

That said, my Ichigo head is in fairy and I'm not sure what resin color to get the body in. The color of my Supiadoll matches well but I don't know what it is! I also bought her second hand and there was no COA with her. :pout:

Does anyone with more expertise than me have any suggestions? This will be my first ever hybrid :eusa_pray

4. Do you know how old your body is? Supia recently introduced a lot of new skin tones.
      My "old normal" was decently close to my Ichigo in fairy.

5. I'm pretty certain she has the older body...

#385 VickieAngela, Sep 6, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    6. supia posted their resin colors here LOVE, SUPIADOLL
      Your best bet would probably be to look secondhand for and "old normal skin" from just before the changes were made. Otherwise I would try the rose pink. This is not from experience with the new resin, this is just a guess. The old normal is a close match but technically sliiiiiightly more yellow than fairy skin. I would be worried peach it too yellow. And it's easier to add a bit more pink to her face blush if the body is pinker than the head :)

7. Thanks bunches for the advice! :love

8. hi, not sure if this helps anyone but here goes. I had my Xiao Yu (Normal resin) on a dollstown elf body in fresh (bought her from her owner this way) and I was never happy with the body or the hands. I've been researching for what feels like years :mwahaha and found dollzone ns-pink a pretty near perfect match (not the peach normal which is the newer one but the pink normal).
      I was curious about the Souldoll body for her either a msd or vito size but wasn't sure on colour matching. I also looked at the fashion doll by impl but again, not sure on the colour matching.
      I've since sold the DT elf body and am thinking about buying her a new Dollzone ns-pink msd size body. This is her on an old one I have (very old by comparison so pretty yellowed) but I don't mind the proportions. I'd like her to have wider shoulders though. Has anyone else tried a msd body? I really want to see Supia minisup in white rose with this head.

FIRST 2 below are on the dz msd size. The body is from around 2017 B45-012 NP, but a new one will match perfectly well.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

The next 2 are on the DT Elf fresh body.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#388 nyxx2, Oct 18, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    9. She looks really good on both bodies. I think I might prefer the DT Elf fresh body just a bit more than the DZ body.
      Thanks for sharing!!

11. I have mine on the DT Elf body but someone posted a picture of her on a DT Seven Year Old body and I really liked her on that body! I have ordered one, but it hasn't arrived yet.

12. Oh yes! I'd love to see that when you get her. I think I saw that image somewhere but I wasn't sure about it and was looking for a less expensive body because I'm still not sure I want to keep her. I worry about the hands not being delicate enough in size.
      Please do update when it arrives, I can't wait to see!

13. @nancy_schroeder_ca ohhh that's my plan for XiaoYu too! (saw the same hybrid image you did) I'm not sure how to order from Dollstown these days... :ablink:

And speaking of large Black Cherry dolls, not on msd bodies, I've got Ichigo head recently and put her on Blossom doll body (which I got because of falling in love with it and it's blushing/tattoes - and had to think of a suitable head, not very big but with large enough neck). She makes a fantastic shaman girl! Still needs a face-up and a wig, but I can try and take some decentish photos of her.

14. I ordered through Dollstown.com in April. Hopefully it will be here soon!

15. I would LOVE to see a photo!! :3nodding:

16. The body is in customs so it shouldn't be long now. I expect it will be delivered early next week.

17. I was conversing recently with someone in insta who put her moon xiaoyu (which is what I have) on a xaga 53cm body (around 50cm anyway) and it looks pretty amazing to me. It's Normal skin tone is almost a match but I'm not sure if xagadoll's white peach might be closer. Does anyone happen to have that colour xagadoll? I think that will be my hybrid after all.

18. Here is a picture of Xiao Yu on the Dollstown seven year body.

[​IMG]

And here she is on the Elf body

[​IMG]

19. wow, I don't know what it is for me, I just don't like the dollstown bodies for mine and I do believe it's the arms looking too muscley? She makes a nice younger one on the 7yr body though and maybe easier to handle that way.
      Thanks so much for sharing those photos, that's exactly what I think we all needed to see :love She definitely works on either size which is pretty awesome to see! I'm still hoping to see another on a xagadoll body. I have no experience with whether they're slim like the DT or not though.

20. Does anyone have an Aishat head that they can show on or next to a body of about 57-58cm?

I was considering ordering a 1/3 Argodoll Ifit and realized their heads are really close in size (Aishat = 19.5cm, Ifit = 21cm). I always thought Aishat needed something closer to 63-65cm, but if she could work on this smaller body that would be so great! I can handle this size much more easily.

If it helps, the Argodoll body looks about the same size as my Maskcatdoll 57cm body, which is pretty close in size to Volks SD13. So anything around that size would be a useful comparison.

Thank you!!

(and yes, you may recall that I have owned Aishat heads before; I sold them because I couldn't find a large body I could handle X) - kind of wish I had waited till I had the Maskcat body now!)